***Official USMNT-WCQ Octagonal Thread***

187,599 Views | 3020 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cruzdoggie
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe there are still a good amount of players we need to be integrating into the team before the potential World Cup, and really for the remaining qualifying games as well.

We have so many players in the age range where they can take that next step at any moment.
oh no
AG
oh no said:

oh no said:

chelsea-malmo and wolfsburg-salzburg are the earlier matches, so lineups should be available shortly.
lineups announced - Pulisic not starting. Hudson-Odoi and Ziyech at wing. I bet he subs though.

Confirmed: Brooks starting for Wolfsburg and Aaronson starting for Salzburg. I will try to stream that one until Pulisic subs in.
quoting since the thread went to the next page before I added that Brooks and Aaronson are also starting
oh no
AG
agreed. Tough since there's not too many WCQs and they are so important. The friendly with Boznia and hopefully a few more friendlies leading up to Qatar after we qualify will help get some more guys into camps and first team matches.
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

oh no said:

oh no said:

chelsea-malmo and wolfsburg-salzburg are the earlier matches, so lineups should be available shortly.
lineups announced - Pulisic not starting. Hudson-Odoi and Ziyech at wing. I bet he subs though.

Confirmed: Brooks starting for Wolfsburg and Aaronson starting for Salzburg. I will try to stream that one until Pulisic subs in.
quoting since the thread went to the next page before I added that Brooks and Aaronson are also starting
How will you know when Pulisic subs in?
oh no
AG
i'll be watching the commentary on my phone. if he subs in, i will switch from salzburg match to chelsea match on Paramountplus.
oh no
AG
the 3pm matches will not be so easy.. some good ones and 4 of 6 have a USMNT player - anywhere from 2 to all 4 could be starting.

ManU - Atalanta
Bayern Munich - Benfica
Barca - Kiev
Juventus - Zenit
Sevilla - Lille
Villareal - Young Boys
LeonardSkinner
SIAP, as it's a month old. Found this blog site through 538.com, and this free post was interesting.

Zardes vs Pepi.

https://spacespacespaceletter.com/movement-is-the-goal/
oh no
AG
salzburg in a 4-4-2. aaronson is a central MF
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

i'll be watching the commentary on my phone. if he subs in, i will switch from salzburg match to chelsea match on Paramountplus.
Yeah, I can't watch 1 game, monitor my phone, and work and texags at the same time.
oh no
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

oh no said:

Yeah, I can't watch 1 game, monitor my phone, and work and texags at the same time.
yep. one of those four things had to go. sorry, work.
oh no
AG
salzburg had a great chance in the first minute. wolfsburg scored with great buildup in the 3rd minute already.

aaronson appears to be playing 10/ CAM in a 4-4-2 diamond. i like his movement, not many touches so far.
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

oh no said:

yep. one of those four things had to go. sorry, work.
make sure you reply to me when he comes in please.
jeffk
AG
No
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

No
Wanker
deadbq03
AG
I forgot Wolfsburg just had a coaching change… might have an impact on the rumored Pepi transfer.

I like Kohfeldt and think he'll do well there. IMO he was a miracle worker fighting off relegation with Bremen for as long as he did.
jeffk
AG
Mark your calendars

oh no
AG
Aaronson just drew a hard foul from Brooks.
akm91
AG
Pulisic subbing on!
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Pulisic bottled what should have been a goal at the death. I think it would have been brought back as offside via VAR though.
fig96
AG
Agreed, he was on for the initial pass but think the flick put him off.
jeffk
AG
I expect to see him called up now.
oh no
AG
that last miss on the sitter aside, it was great to see CP10 running around on the pitch.
oh no
AG
just got done with a meeting in time to watch the second half of one of these 3pm CL matches.

Dest was on the bench for Barca

McKennie started for Juve

Weah started for Lille

Pefok/ Siebatcheu on the bench for Young Boys
oh no
AG
Weston just smashed the crossbar after a nice long counter run, several touches to set himself up for the shot.
TamuKid
AG
oh no said:

Weston just smashed the crossbar after a nice long counter run, several touches to set himself up for the shot.

Would have been a magical highlight. Shame it didn't sneak in.
oh no
AG
he had a great chance a header just before that. glanced wide and almost ended up being an assist
oh no
AG
weah still on for lille.

Dest and Pefok still on bench.
oh no
AG
Pefok came on in 82'. i'm switching to that one as Juve is up 4-1 now. Young Boys down 0-1.
oh no
AG
and right as the young boys match loads up I see a bad giveaway and Villareal goes up 2-0.
oh no
AG
oh no said:

Aaronson, Brooks, Pulisic, Dest, McKinney, Weah, and Pefok all have Champions League matches today. ---crazy this is American soccer we're talking about.

I don't think lineups are out yet, but I think I'll try to watch Wolfsburg v Salzburg if both Brooks and Aaronson are starting and I can get the match streaming. Never really get to see them playing for their clubs.

Looks like McKennie subbed in at 57' and scored a goal in their last match in a loss and played full 90' and scored a goal in a loss in their previous match. He's the only guy scoring for Juventus right now. Crazy.

Dest should start for Barca. He's started and played full 90 in each of the past three matches and played at right wing and had a great assist in El Clasico at 90+7 three matches ago.

Pulisic could come off the bench - doubt he starts as he's only been back at training a week, and Tuchel just said he was "suffering" with coming back from injury about a week ago. Nevertheless, he's traveling for the CL match due to injuries and illnesses on his squad and he should get on the pitch at some point.

I think Pefok is a regular starter at Young Boys, although he started last match, he subbed the previous. Weah came off the bench for Lille last match, starter the previous.
after 6 of 7 USMNT players logged minutes in yesterday's champions league match day, looks like we might have 1 of 3 today?

the 3pm matches include Man City, but I don't think Steffen will play, and BvB, but I think Reyna is still injured. That leaves Tyler Adams with Leipzig facing PSG. Besiktas plays today at 3, but Tyler Boyd is away on loan this year.
jeffk
AG
Some reports out today that Joe Scally is getting a call-up tomorrow.
jay07ag
AG
jeffk said:

Well deserved…dude has been balling out for Gladbach. Time to get him integrated!
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

That kid can play.
jeffk
AG
roster release day
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

roster release day
Dest and Reyna are out.

Who else?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.