***Official USMNT-WCQ Octagonal Thread***

187,309 Views | 3020 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cruzdoggie
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oragator said:

They set the USF Cincy game in a three hour window - show me the last college football game that finished in under three hours without one of the service academies being involved?
.And the fact that they threw it behind a paywall to boot is even more insulting.

Makes no difference to me where it is honestly. It's like changing a channel now.

But I guess I did what they wanted.
Aston94
AG
oh no said:

PatAg said:

Grant has become such a beating. I don't disagree with him, I think these networks are screwing up by not committing to putting these games out on channels that EVERYONE gets.

It's just interesting that he works for CBS Sports, and the game tonight is on Paramount +...but he is complaining about ESPN putting the game on ESPN 2.
Maybe because Disney/ABC/ESPN has the home matches and has the opportunity to promote and showcase the US national team of the world's biggest sport, and they don't. ... meanwhile, the concacaf away matches are not controlled by American media?
The away matches are bid for just like the home matches, ESPN just didn't care enough to bid enough for the away matches.
DeangeloVickers
AG
It is weird I'm watching Wales and Belgium on ESPn2 and then have to login to Paramount to watch USA
Aston94
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
oh no said:

I guess because I have not cut the chord and still have a Comcast/Xfinity sub that includes NBC and CBS, I automatically get access to Peacock and Paramount+, so I've not had an issue with English Premier League, Champions League, and all of these Concacaf matches.

I do not pay extra for ESPN+, and I do get angry when I see a hotdog eating contest, a cornhole tournament, bass fishing, or a spelling bee on one of the 5 or so ESPN channels I pay for, yet can't watch any of the Spanish, German, or Italian soccer. The biggest most popular sport in the world and they won't promote it or help grow it in the USA - they want the extra revenue so soccer fans need to pay even more for all of that content.

..back to the post about Grant Wahl, CBS guy who is complaining about ESPN broadcast of home matches while his own company has all the concacaf matches "behind a paywall", I guess I was under the impression that all these away matches, and all of the matches in the octagonal that do not involve USA, were being broadcast in local countries by some local network, and CBS/Paramount had made some subcontract deals to use their streams in the US. CBS might not be alllowed to put any of those nonUSMNT matches or USMNT away matches on their big CBS network or CBS sports. ???? i could be way off here.

Wait, you get paramount+ if you have a paid cable sub with CBS?
AggieDub14
AG
Pretty sure you don't. They might have some other service that includes Paramount+ as a bonus.
TRM
AG
They probably give you Paramount for free with a cable sub but not Paramount+. But I'm not sure
oh no
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

oh no said:

I guess because I have not cut the chord and still have a Comcast/Xfinity sub that includes NBC and CBS, I automatically get access to Peacock and Paramount+, so I've not had an issue with English Premier League, Champions League, and all of these Concacaf matches.

I do not pay extra for ESPN+, and I do get angry when I see a hotdog eating contest, a cornhole tournament, bass fishing, or a spelling bee on one of the 5 or so ESPN channels I pay for, yet can't watch any of the Spanish, German, or Italian soccer. The biggest most popular sport in the world and they won't promote it or help grow it in the USA - they want the extra revenue so soccer fans need to pay even more for all of that content.

..back to the post about Grant Wahl, CBS guy who is complaining about ESPN broadcast of home matches while his own company has all the concacaf matches "behind a paywall", I guess I was under the impression that all these away matches, and all of the matches in the octagonal that do not involve USA, were being broadcast in local countries by some local network, and CBS/Paramount had made some subcontract deals to use their streams in the US. CBS might not be alllowed to put any of those nonUSMNT matches or USMNT away matches on their big CBS network or CBS sports. ???? i could be way off here.

Wait, you get paramount+ if you have a paid cable sub with CBS?
I don't know why else I have it.. HBOmax, Paramount+, Peacock, Amazon, Hulu, Netflix --- they all just pop up when I search or talk to my xfinity remote.. .and the only extras I pay for on xfinity are HBO and Shotime. and i'm watching this match on my computer at work - logged into paramount+ with my xfiniti id and pw.
jeffk
AG
I had a free couple of months of P+ when we started our Xfinity service. Of course it's long gone now and I hate their service, so I'm not buying it again.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

I had a free couple of months of P+ when we started our Xfinity service. Of course it's long gone now and I hate their service, so I'm not buying it again.
So how are you watching?
Out in Left Field
AG
deadbq03
AG
I sadly just give CBS my money because I like watching Champions League too much.
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03 said:

I sadly just give CBS my money because I like watching Champions League too much.
me too
setsmachine
AG
El Salvador with a goal about 14 seconds in against Panama
DeangeloVickers
AG
Out in Left Field
AG
Lol wth was that?!
Seven Costanza
AG
Two quick goals from Panama to take the lead.
boogieman
AG
Canucks get one at the 45 minute mark.
jeffk
AG
Supposedly we're getting VAR for the rest of the qualifiers. Which will be an absolute disaster.
DeangeloVickers
AG

boogieman
AG
A second for Canada at the 51 minute.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Dos a cero Canucks
fig96
AG
Beautiful finish for Canada.
Seven Costanza
AG
With Panama winning both of its games, there isn't a lot of room for screwing around in the next round of games.
gougler08
AG
Canada may very well win the group
boogieman
AG
Hip check with no attempt at the ball in the box.
MB19
AG
gougler08 said:

Canada may very well win the group
Maybe, but they will be top of the table after tonight.
aggiephoenix02
When Mexico looks in the mirror they see Canada.

Or something similarly stupid...
boogieman
AG
23 should get a yellow for the horse collar.
DeangeloVickers
AG
This ref is concacafing
Producers_96
AG
CONCACAF gonna CONCACAF...
aggiephoenix02
DeangeloVickers said:

This ref is concacafing
Where is the ref and officials from? I know in the USA match he was CostaRican...
DeangeloVickers
AG
I mean ref put hands on a player and then one of the most yellow cards ever
Probably a PK earlier
To be fair Canada went I've hockey hip checks early
DeangeloVickers
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

This ref is concacafing
Where is the ref and officials from? I know in the USA match he was CostaRican...

Guatamala
Mathguy64
AG
15 yard penalty for a horsecollar. Last one that bad that went unpunished was Auburn on Johnny Football.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.