***Official USMNT-WCQ Octagonal Thread***

192,685 Views | 3020 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cruzdoggie
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Krul saved and the cross bar is cruel mistress
theNetSmith
AG
Sargent subbed off 67'
KCup17
AG
He's been horrid tonight to be fair.
theNetSmith
AG
I thought JS was having a pretty good game save for the Calzada screen pass
Rudyjax
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Pukki just gave Josh the WTF are doing look

He tried the Zach Calzada screen pass

I saw that. Wouldn't have mattered as there was offside.
theNetSmith
AG
Respectfully disagree.. he was tenacious in winning the ball from Newcastle several times.. seems like Norwich has been pretty good at that across the middle of the field.. they're just not creating anything dangerous on the offensive end
oh no
AG
from the bits i was able to watch, i thought sargent did as expected of him - he made the runs well, he tracked back and helped defend well, he had some good touches.. but he still hasn't given USMNT fans or Norwich fans what they want to see - creating and FINISHING ...disappointing given they were playing 11v10 nearly the whole match.
deadbq03
AG
Do Norwich have board?
DeangeloVickers
AG
Pukki party!
theNetSmith
AG
oh damn.. screaming volley

1-1
fig96
AG
That was a gorgeous finish.

And I sub to Peacock for all the other teams who are well worth 5 bucks a month
theNetSmith
AG
yeah.. my son texted yesterday wanting my peacock login so that he could watch Chelsea-Man U
Rudyjax
AG
deadbq03 said:

Do Norwich have board?

Aston94 is going to be pissed.
Rudyjax
AG
Going out on a limb here…
Norwich ain't getting relegated.
KCup17
AG
Newcastle going down.
oh no
AG
Aye Davanita said:

getting 3 pts from bottom of the table Newcastle while playing 11v10 would have really helped their cause to stave off relegation. They need to find a couple of wins down the stretch and hope Newcastle and the Burnleys and Watfords and such continue to lose. ...Watford just beat ManU the other day though...
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

Aye Davanita said:

getting 3 pts from bottom of the table Newcastle while playing 11v10 would have really helped their cause to stave off relegation. They need to find a couple of wins down the stretch and hope Newcastle and the Burnleys and Watfords and such continue to lose. ...Watford just beat ManU the other day though...

Basing it on more than that. They were the better side on Saturday.
oh no
AG
these guys just aren't scoring any goals though.

anyway, if Norwich gets relegated and Sargent stays there, could it be better for his development at this juncture to actually have a lot more chances created and finishing opportunities at the championship level instead of being on such a bad squad at the premiership level and working so hard for so very few opportunities?
Aston94
AG
Aye Davanita said:

deadbq03 said:

Do Norwich have board?

Aston94 is going to be pissed.
KCup17
AG
I was thinking the same thing after the game yesterday. I feel like he is in a similar position as Antonee Robinson who has really blossomed while playing in the Championship this season. I think Sargent would see a similar type of growth to his game.
Rudyjax
AG
Pulisic plays At 1:30 on Peacock. I'll let y'all know if he starts.
akm91
AG
Aye Davanita said:

We can always check the lineup at 12:30
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
deadbq03
AG
KCup17 said:

I was thinking the same thing after the game yesterday. I feel like he is in a similar position as Antonee Robinson who has really blossomed while playing in the Championship this season. I think Sargent would see a similar type of growth to his game.
I agree with y'all. Championship at this stage of his career might be more beneficial. That league has more teams and enters domestic cups earlier so it offers more games to play in at a level that might be more appropriate for him right now.

I think his development has perhaps been stunted a bit by being on bottom feeders in Bundesliga and Premier League where opponents are owning possession.
oh no
AG
all center forwards and wingers on all teams have to make all the runs and as always- many of them will be fruitless but you have to keep working and running your ass off for those few chances and you have to make the most of those chances... ...but when you're on Bremen in Bundesliga or Norwhich in EPL, I guess you have to balance out the benefit / development you're getting from facing the toughest competition in the world every week as far as defenders and keepers vs. the possibility of being on a top team in a lower tier just to have a lot more of those chances to finish. English championship is still a better league for development than MLS anyway.
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

Aye Davanita said:

We can always check the lineup at 12:30

akm91
AG
Woah, they're starting Saul?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

Woah, they're starting Saul?
TT got tired of answering questions about it.
Rudyjax
AG
Ummm...not sure if it's appropriate in this day and age, but what gender and nationality is the color commentator?

Sounds like a 13 year old kid from inner city England.
oh no
AG
i think she's a young chimney sweep they picked up off the street somewhere
JJxvi
AG
Mmm, theres a lot of pressure for Pulisic to be the attacking threat in that lineup.
oh no
AG
stopping the match already I see.
TRM
AG
What happened? I wasn't really paying attention then I heard medical emergency.
oh no
AG
I don't know. I just loaded up the match, saw a Watford player being attended to on the ground, another Watford player - Danny Rose about to sub in.. then they sent all players to the locker rooms.
oh no
AG
it's apparently a medical emergency in the crowd
oh no
AG
JJxvi said:

Mmm, theres a lot of pressure for Pulisic to be the attacking threat in that lineup.
I'm sure havertz prefers playing 10, but he can be a threat at 9 and has had to this year previously with Lukaku and Werner injuries. ..and Mount and Pulisic on the wings - both are attacking threats. ..some might argue both are better than Ziyech and Hudson-Odoi on the wing.... not too much pressure for CP, but I hope he can find the back of the net in this one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.