***Official USMNT-WCQ Octagonal Thread***

187,304 Views | 3020 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cruzdoggie
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pahdz said:

We gotta find someone to play LB because Dest is a completely different player when he's at home playing the 2

(I know I know...story of the USMNT since forever)

He has been in this form for a while with his club, just lacking on defense intensity
I'm with you though, I would have started Dest right and Robinson left. I don't really rate Yedlin though. For sure not in the style we are trying to play
wangus12
AG
Dest thinks he can play like he's Messi when he plays CONCACAF teams. To often head down trying to dribble 3-4 players
PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Dest thinks he can play like he's Messi when he plays CONCACAF teams. To often head down trying to dribble 3-4 players

He's still young but he would do well to learn when to turn it on and off.
To go along with your reference,Messi doesn't always dribble four players every time he touches the ball sometimes a quick one two takes more skill than trying to dribble for 5 seconds.
Rudyjax
AG
I really hate negative fans. And Facebook, Twitter, texags is full of a lot of negative fans. Thank you for some of you guys that are positive. Those of you that are negative, you're ignored.
PatAg
AG
I also say this, and it's hard to know without seeing the whole field, but it really feels like Adams and Mckennie are not doing enough to control the pace and flow of the game centrally. I don't think they're playing bad but they're not doing enough
Pahdz
Damn good sequence there
DeangeloVickers
AG
Get the ball to Reyna!!
Rudyjax
AG
5 subs?
Pahdz
PatAg said:

I also say this, and it's hard to know without seeing the whole field, but it really feels like Adams and Mckennie are not doing enough to control the pace and flow of the game centrally. I don't think they're playing bad but they're not doing enough

Agree with this, could use a calming presence there tonight. Is Musah that guy when healthy?
PatAg
AG
100% I think we all get upset at times, or sometimes lose perspective on where this team is at in the process and how difficult it actually is to go on the road and qualifying.
But overall the game threads on here are generally a lot better than other sports game threads when it comes to avoiding going too negative. A lot of people try to provide their own analysis as opposed to just saying someone sucks for no reason, which I enjoy
PatAg
AG
I think something Musah does, that they can't, is he has the ability to turn and progress the ball on the dribble.
Reyna can do this as well, and has been doing that for Dortmund this year, but Greggg has him slotted for the wing permanently I guess.
We have other youth players and the pipelines who also have this ability to progress the ball on the dribble as well as the pass but some of them are injured and some of them are still a little too young but hopefully there to come in the future
fig96
AG
Man..great sequence, great save.
Pahdz
Miles Robinson continues to be the field player of the summer for us. Those penetrating passes have been something.
AustinScubaAg
AG
This game is concacaf 101
PatAg
AG
I'm not sure of the numbers but it looks like legit and Roldan coming on. Im a little concerned about that late in the game. In theory they have veteran presence and stability but physically I worry that they will be downgrades defensively and on 5050
DeangeloVickers
AG
I was gonna say save the 5th but looks like Yedlin is hurt

Love Roldan sub for Arronson
boogieman
AG
We are looking a little more dangerous. Need to bury a chance.
PatAg
AG
Yeah I'm not wanting to see Roldanl start if we can avoid it, but in the gold cup he showed a great ability to exploit tired legs and get quality assists
boogieman
AG
Nice shoulder check by Acosta.
PatAg
AG
So I think we have switched to three at the back.
However, if we're playing Acosta at right back after those subs the last time we did that he proved he was not really effective there
fig96
AG
That was still a bit divey, but VAR might have gotten him in trouble for that elbow.
Pahdz
Pefok is strong in hold up he's done well
Pahdz
Weston is dead
wangus12
AG
Just not good enough with our final ball.
PatAg
AG
Reyna and Konrad were the only players to look truly dangerous today
McKennie and Aaronson had their moments as well, especially once we pushed Aaronson to the wing

It's cool that McKennie plays for Juventus, but he isn't asked to be their creative attacking outlet. He gets in the box to finish off plays well, and has a high workrate
PatAg
AG
Time to be clinical in the last five plus minutes here
DeangeloVickers
AG
He was about 5 yards onside

wtf
Rudyjax
AG
I think they let Boy Scouts earn their merit badges by operating the camera .
wangus12
AG
That's a joke of a call by the linesman
PatAg
AG
He clearly calls the foul not the offsides.
I know the announcing team is just watching the same feed we are but not only the timing of when he called it but the fact that he's waving his flag instead of just holding it straight up should have told them that it's not offside he was calling
PatAg
AG
That was excellent recognition by Adams to realize that Acost is in a tough spot playing out of position
DeangeloVickers
AG
McKennie is world's greatest in to touch thrower
wangus12
AG
3 minutes lol
Legal Custodian
AG
****ing terrible
DeangeloVickers
AG
So many turnovers trying to do too much

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.