***Official USMNT-WCQ Octagonal Thread***

187,327 Views | 3020 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cruzdoggie
aggiephoenix02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NERRRRRRDDDD!
PatAg
AG
Lletget has a great soccer brain, but just doesn't have enough skill for those close quarters moments to unlock the defense
Ideally we have young players continue to develope/get healthy and replace him. He is quality depth though
Thunder18
AG
Brooks has not made great decisions so far
Mathguy64
AG
Biggest difference between games in Nashville versus San Salvador? We don't need riot cops with riot shields covering players taking corners.
PatAg
AG
Pefok is having a good game, imo
PatAg
AG
I still think we're having the same problem we had with Sargent up top, and we've had for probably a year or so now. We play the ball into our solo 9 and then somehow there's no one within 10 yards of him to have interplay with. What's the point of playing with wingers and attacking mids and only one forward if we don't do that
PatAg
AG
In my opinion I think we just saw what I was talking about. Brooks plays Robinson into an advanced position on the left and essentially the only people even with Robinson at the point Is Pefok covered by two players and Pulisic covered by another. There's no one central making any movement forward to get available
PatAg
AG
Damn that was close!
aggiephoenix02
This ref sucks. Where is he from?
Mathguy64
AG
Jamaica
aggiephoenix02
Mathguy64 said:

Jamaica
Typical...
aggiephoenix02
Nice rip...
Pound the Rock
AG
Our entire back line and Adams have been really good this game.

Just have to find that final finish up front. Feels like it's coming.

And agree about the comment that we can't play the ball into our 9 without guys crashing to win the second ball. Especially with a string guy like Pefok who is disrupting their back line.
PatAg
AG
This might be wrong, but it kind of feels like a lot of our players have the quality to play on these top club teams, but none of them are really what makes their club team go. They can play with world class players, and not look out of place, but it feels like no one has truly taken that next step. Maybe its really just that no one has done that in the central mid? Adams is clearly an elite defensive player at the 6, but going forward he is just ok. We have quite a few young players in the pipeline who have shown that ability at each level they have played, but you just never know who is going to be able to keep progressing.

I think Greggg still has the team playing to restricted at times, in an attempt to commit to building from the back and playing with posession. I think we should be playing direct when it is there as an opportunity, otherwise we are too predictable in attack.

I think Reyna is probably the closest to that centrally, but he also has Haaland up top. Reyna has technical ability, at the very least, to turn under pressure and take people on the dribble. He has a rifle shot from 30+ out too
PatAg
AG
Entourageag07 said:

Our entire back line and Adams have been really good this game.

Just have to find that final finish up front. Feels like it's coming.

And agree about the comment that we can't play the ball into our 9 without guys crashing to win the second ball. Especially with a string guy like Pefok who is disrupting their back line.
He hasnt gotten a ton of activity, but he has been noticeable with his hold up play I think. I know he has that strikers instinct to get onto headers and loose balls in the box already.
aggiephoenix02
PatAg said:

I think Greggg still has the team playing to restricted at times
I completely agree...
PatAg
AG
I'd liek to see Pepi in the 2nd half at some point, if not from the 45th minute on.

I doubt Gregg would do it, but I dont get why it seems like no teams play with 2 forwards anymore. Im sure it has to do with trying to win the numbers game in the midfield
PatAg
AG
I liked Dax as a halftime person. Never know how former players will do at the desk.
PatAg
AG
Hoppe better have been left off specifically so he could handle his club situation.
Mathguy64
AG
When every player on both teams stops playing that's a clue you missed a foul.
aggiephoenix02
Geez, Canada is looking dangerous to start the half...
JJxvi
AG
This game is a joke
aggiephoenix02
JJxvi said:

This game is a joke
I completely agree...
PatAg
AG
Too many passes have been underhit tonight. Play the ball with pace to feet, you're at this level they can either handle it or they shouldnt be on the pitch. THe whole point of moving the ball is to move it faster than the defense can run
aggiephoenix02
This ref is a joke...
JJxvi
AG
Lmao
Thunder18
AG
Kaye was out of control= foul on Lletget
wangus12
AG
Lets ****ing go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PatAg
AG
LETS ***** GOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mathguy64
AG
That is a fantastic advantage played. The easy call would have been to stop it for that foul.
Thunder18
AG
Aaronson scores, nice transition and build up
Z3phyr
Mathguy64 said:

That is a fantastic advantage played. The easy call would have been to stop it for that foul.

Now give them the card for targeting pulisic
JJxvi
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Shocking decision
PatAg
AG
Great ball from Robinson I thnk it was
deadbq03
AG
Beastmode from Aaronson.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.