***Official USMNT-WCQ Octagonal Thread***

182,099 Views | 3020 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cruzdoggie
Aston94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lleget hurt? Surprised he isn't listed.
akm91
AG
He's also being given a break by Berhalter.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Aston94
AG
My Roster thoughts:

Keeper--Looks like will be a chance for USMNT to see some new guys and for Turner to get more NT playing time, all good things.

Defender--Lots of zero caps guys in there, which is encouraging. Will be good for Bello to get some more pt, and for Long to be able to get back in form. Not sure what to make of Roma letting Reynolds come over for this.

Mids--Excited to see the progression of Johnny Cordoso. Not excited for more Christian Roldan time.

Forwards--Really excited to see Booth, Clark and Cowell. Hopefully Zardes is there to train and get his strength back and we won't see him much on the field.
TRM
AG
Hasn't Reynolds only played like a minute or two? He's not in their plans at the moment. Maybe, they want him to get some playing time and showcase him for a loan?
KCup17
AG
iirc I think Reynolds wants a permanent move away from Roma in January.
gougler08
AG
Are these just friendlies?
akm91
AG
gougler08 said:

Are these just friendlies?
Friendly vs Bosnia in Dec.
oh no
AG
Friendly v Bosnia on 12/18.
fig96
AG
Aston94 said:

Lleget hurt? Surprised he isn't listed.
Lot of talk around LA trading him at the moment so might be a bit of a break to deal with all that.
PatAg
AG
Aston94 said:

My Roster thoughts:

Keeper--Looks like will be a chance for USMNT to see some new guys and for Turner to get more NT playing time, all good things.

Defender--Lots of zero caps guys in there, which is encouraging. Will be good for Bello to get some more pt, and for Long to be able to get back in form. Not sure what to make of Roma letting Reynolds come over for this.

Mids--Excited to see the progression of Johnny Cordoso. Not excited for more Christian Roldan time.

Forwards--Really excited to see Booth, Clark and Cowell. Hopefully Zardes is there to train and get his strength back and we won't see him much on the field.
Berhalter has said he likes to have some veterans in these camp, to show the new guys the ropes basically.
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

Aston94 said:

My Roster thoughts:

Berhalter has said he likes to have some veterans in these camp, to show the new guys the ropes basically.

I definitely like Zardes as a leader.
aggiephoenix02
Roldan has played well for the nats, all things considered...
DeangeloVickers
AG
Sargent came on late for Norwich...had a really good chance and looked terrible...
DeangeloVickers
AG
To give you an idea of how bad it was

Jason_Ag98
AG
Yikes!
jeffk
AG
Getting released from Norwich might be a positive move. Team is dreadful (not excusing JS here).
DeangeloVickers
AG
I know the score line doesn't show it, but Norwich has been playing much better with the new gaffer and had some really good chances today.
jeffk
AG
I don't watch Norwich every week, but I've watched their last two games and sure, they look a little bit better than they did earlier in the year. They still look extremely disjointed and very much not a good side. It also doesn't look like JS really wants to be there. I'm not a huge body language guy, but the way he interacts with Pukki and other players and their staff is worrisome.
Rudyjax
AG
That was a bad miss today.
oh no
AG
USMNT relevant UCL action:

Pulisic came off the bench today

Weston McKennie was not in the squad for Juve.

Dest started at winger for Barca. Currently HT. Barca down to Bayern 0-2.

Pefok started at F in a 4-4-2 for Young Boys vs ManU. Tied 1-1 at HT.

Aaronson started at 10 in a 4-4-2 diamond for Salzburg. Tied 0-0 at half.

in Wolfburg vs Lille, Brooks is on the bench and looks like Weah is not in the squad.
TRM
AG
Richy Ledezma is back on the pitch.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4541785/richy-ledezmas-nightmare-year-how-psv-and-usmnt-prospect-battled-back-after-acl-rupture
DeangeloVickers
AG
Rudyjax
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

He may not be ready to take on a crappy team, but that's too harsh.
wangus12
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Sounds like a grade A ****** who was had no athletic ability so he decided to write about them instead.

You don't make it to that level without being good at it
PatAg
AG
Can we not link random *******s no one has heard of and their ****ty takes?
jeffk
AG
Watched the whole game today. Sargent… he's a talented kid, but he just sort of meanders about for long stretches. Also, Pukki doesn't trust him. He's young and will hopefully continue to improve, but I hope it's with a different club.
Aston94
AG
I actually thought Sargent played pretty good today. He was active and created space and opportunities for Pukki and others. His finishing is not good, he lacks confidence. But he is working hard for the team.

Finding Brits on Twitter willing to crap on a player on their team is literally like shooting fish in a barrel.
KCup17
AG
Regarding JS work rate can only be awarded so much. Yes he is a hard worker. But hard work doesn't show up on a stat sheet. And considering he has had multiple opportunities to put the ball in the net and has muffed each opportunity is pretty telling.

I think he needs to move to a championship club and build his confidence. Specifically when finding himself in front of goal.
oh no
AG
KCup17 said:

Regarding JS work rate can only be awarded so much. Yes he is a hard worker. But hard work doesn't show up on a stat sheet. And considering he has had multiple opportunities to put the ball in the net and has muffed each opportunity is pretty telling.

I think he needs to move to a championship club and build his confidence. Specifically when finding himself in front of goal.
Lucky for him, Norwich will likely be a championship club next year.
oh no
AG
still crazy to think that as good as the USMNT player pool is right now - i think it's possibly the most talented and deepest it's ever been - Sargent is getting the most EPL minutes right now. With Antonee and Ream getting relegated last season, Steffen not the 1st choice keeper at City, and Pulisic as a sub.
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

still crazy to think that as good as the USMNT player pool is right now - i think it's possibly the most talented and deepest it's ever been - Sargent is getting the most EPL minutes right now. With Antonee and Ream getting relegated last season, Steffen not the 1st choice keeper at City, and Pulisic as a sub.

Pulisic gets 90 on all but 4-5 PL teams. His current manager views him as a super sub.
oh no
AG
I know. but my point remains - Sargent is currently getting more EPL minutes than Pulisic.
akm91
AG
I'm not sure that's entirely correct that Teuchel only thinks of Pulisic as super sub. Pulisic's injury issues have really forced Teuchel's hadn in how he's deploying Pulisic.
deadbq03
AG
oh no said:

I know. but my point remains - Sargent is currently getting more EPL minutes than Pulisic.
Do Norwich minutes really count as EPL minutes?
oh no
AG
Absolutely they count ...this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.