Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

517,223 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by V8Aggie
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure what's going on but we've been without power for a couple hours now. ****ing delta
98Ag99Grad
AG
think we're getting alot more wind with this one.
Seabreeze
Its been steady Tropical Force winds all day here in Seabrook, with some 60 to 70 mph gusts.
mm98
AG
Lots of wind at my office in Pasadena.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Peak insanity.
94chem
My wife's at our house on Crystal Beach. I'll be down tomorrow. Might be some good beachcombing.
jetch17
AG
Seabreeze said:

Its been steady Tropical Force winds all day here in Seabrook, with some 60 to 70 mph gusts.

Username checks out
Anti-taxxer
AG
East side of Pearland lost power. It don't know what the wind speed has been here today, but it's been very windy.
tamu02
Kemah is pretty calm right now
Daddy-O5
AG
From my parents neighborhood in Galveston today.
Post removed:
by user
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Lake Charles definitely got wind and rain. Maybe as high as 95mph. Some tarps flying off.

Won't see damage pics until tomorrow, I'm sure.

Almost 10'' of rain.
Ronnie
AG
They're still getting it. I have heard 16" of rain. Of course more loss of power. Won't really k ow much until morning. Hoping it weakens more. Lot of people evacuated so we should get more reports tomorrow and later in the weekend.

My cousin was visiting her mom in Iowa (just East if Lake Charles) and left earlier this week. Took this pic while flying out.

Can't imagine those tarps were effective against his storm.
Seabreeze
Boss in Lake Charles couldn't get shingles till next week to fix his roof, so they had just gutted and redone the floors and sheerock. Tarp blew off has water damage again throughout his house.
Post removed:
by user
Seabreeze
Paid out of pocket to do the repairs waiting on insurance and Fema. All that money is a loss at this point. Coastal areas go a decade or 2 without getting hit. This was twice in 6 weeks for him.
Post removed:
by user
HossAg
AG
It was unreal driving up and down those streets last week and seeing the side of the road just piled up with gutted house debris. That stuff is gonna be flying around in this wind I would imagine. So sad for all those people.
Anti-taxxer
AG
I have a friend who lives in LC. Their house has been uninhabitable since Laura, and most of the damage was from the wind. The contractor started on the Sheetrock last week.

I talked to her this morning. They evac'd to Houston, but she heard from a neighbor that their neighborhood is completely underwater.

I can't even imagine how devastating that would be.

MAROON
AG
Flooding is the worst, trust me
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
BQ_90
AG
MAROON said:

After day 4 of pulling wet Sheetrock from my moms house after Harvey, I commented I wish it had burned to the ground
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
BQ_90 said:

MAROON said:

After day 4 of pulling wet Sheetrock from my moms house after Harvey, I commented I wish it had burned to the ground

Come on guys, it's not that bad. 4feet from Harvey and two weeks later I got to drag a washing machine out the back door to drain it from Harvey sludge. Fun fact did you know that a fridge will float and that a freezer full of a quarter cow after two weeks in 90 degree heat and flood water smells exactly like you think it would. Now that smell was hard to get rid of, or wash out of anything when spending extended time in a ****ed up house
Post removed:
by user
cgh1999
AG
third coast.. said:

Anyone have first hand accounts of lc?

Lots of debris being found as flood waters recede. Love the empty beer keg that floated up in the yard of a Baptist preacher.

My parents will have to replace their garage door for the second time in a month. They also had a good size oak that was leaning after Laura that is completely uprooted now. Some small leaks where tarps ripped loose. Hopefully not too bad.

Story is pretty similar across our friends and family. Very grateful it wasn't worse.
MAROON
AG
I'll be driving through LC tomorrow morning about 7:00am. Should be interesting
MAROON
AG
1979 Tropical Storm Claudette we had six feet of water in our house. Everything on the ground floor was destroyed including all our cars. For about six months we lived on a concrete slab with just the studs exposed. You could look in our front window and see the backyard. Concrete slab was weeping water for the longest time. Would rather have the house burn to the ground
Funky Winkerbean
AG
MAROON said:

1979 Tropical Storm Claudette we had six feet of water in our house. Everything on the ground floor was destroyed including all our cars. For about six months we lived on a concrete slab with just the studs exposed. You could look in our front window and see the backyard. Concrete slab was weeping water for the longest time. Would rather have the house burn to the ground

Where did you live during Claudette?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
MAROON
AG
League City - Clear Creek Village
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Ditto..small world
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
MAROON
AG
What year did you graduate Creek?
94chem
J.D. c/o 05 said:

What is that? I was in Bolivar all weekend and saw basically nothing but a little sand pushed around.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Saw that on the news. Was a new house under construction.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

looks like they need a new contractor.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
MAROON said:

What year did you graduate Creek?

I was staying with a friend and we were up putting furniture in the attic. When we finished, the water was at the front door. We waded to a house on dry ground and ended up staying there. By the time the sun came up, my friends house was underwater.
Thomas Sowell
MAROON
AG
I graduated in 79 and my brother graduated in 81. We live at the end of Empress Lane. I'm sure we knew your friend .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.