Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

527,464 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If this **** goes down later today....

Quote:

Latest runs of the HRRR model now shows the core rains starting earlier mid afternoon into the evening/night, instead of overnight. The NWS is calling for up to 20+ inches of rain in some areas especially in metro Houston where more than 12 inches of rain has fallen overnight over the southwest side.
gougler08
AG
Cromagnum said:

Quote:

Latest runs of the HRRR model now shows the core rains starting earlier mid afternoon into the evening/night, instead of overnight. The NWS is calling for up to 20+ inches of rain in some areas especially in metro Houston where more than 12 inches of rain has fallen overnight over the southwest side.

Man **** that noise
Ag_07
AG
Where's that from?
Serotonin
AG
I thought you were quoting spacecity...where is that from? That would be catastrophic and Harvey-like for some parts of metro Houston to get 32 inches in 24-36 hours.
schmendeler
AG
according to the creek gauge nearest me, we've gotten 1.76" the last 24 hours on the north/northwest side.
Cromagnum
AG
KHOU's weather forum. Even though it's still bad I'm hoping it's 20 inches total and not 20 additional inches. I'm trying to see if I can find a graphic of that model somewhere.

Edit: so they are expecting a core rain event (massive dump around the center) to setup shop later this afternoon. Probably 5-10 inches additional to possibly bring totals in some areas close to 20 since this started. Doesn't sound good in any case.
Serotonin
AG
Gotcha.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Cromagnum said:

Quote:

WTF
Whoop Delecto
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
Interesting. Space city saying an additional 2-4" is all they expect throughout the day.

https://spacecityweather.com/
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
On average with pockets of more possibly
Ag_07
AG
Once again we have forecasts that are completely opposite of each other.
ChemAg15
AG
I forecast that it will rain until it stops
V8Aggie
AG
Not much I can do other than lock the gate and the cart. Also a big reason for the Ring floodlight camera.
Cromagnum
AG
I mean, the forecast is "it gon rain". Everyone is gonna see some. Some are gonna see a lot.
cashag95
AG
11.5 inches here in E. Pearland in the past 24 hours, it has been coming down steady with no let up, just training over us all night and all morning with more forecasted throughout today. I could easily see us hitting 20 inches over 48 hours...Clear Creek is almost up and almost out of it's banks here
P.H. Dexippus
AG

CARTMAN Anti-Theft Steering Wheel Lock to Brake Pedal Adjustablelock https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082M99W9N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_K1GAFbNJD5X1N

Looks like there are also wheel boots for golf carts. They may not make them impossible to steal, but it will prevent the joy riding morons described in that Facebook police alert.
The story isn't that [DeSantis] "couldn't win" the primary. The story is that an overwhelming majority of our population is heinously stupid. 50% of them vote for communists. 75% of the remaining 50% vote for Trump, who cant win. When the majority of the opposition party insists on voting for an opposition candidate who can't win, you get exactly the government you deserve. - Well Endowed Ag
Nitro Power
AG
V8Aggie said:

Not much I can do other than lock the gate and the cart. Also a big reason for the Ring floodlight camera.
For the record if you see a Top Fuel car with a trailer mounted to it and hauling ass with the blue cart in tow....I had nothing to do with it....
spadilly
S
Here's the National Weather Service discussion. I assume this is where the 20 inches came from. It was from 4:00 am, but is still the most recent.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=HGX&issuedby=HGX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Quote:

FXUS64 KHGX 220856
AFDHGX

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Houston/Galveston TX
356 AM CDT Tue Sep 22 2020

...Very Dangerous Flash Flood Threat Continues to Develop...

.SHORT TERM [Today through Wednesday]...

Tropical Storm Beta made landfall Monday evening and is centered to the west of the Edna area early this morning. Rainbands associated with Beta`s circulation, similar to the ones that developed Monday evening and caused flash flooding in/around the South Houston/Pearland/
Friendswood/League City areas, have continued to develop early this morning with some in and around the same locations that received 5 to 8 inches of rain yesterday. Lots of short term and high resolution models have been consistent in developing additional rainbands during the remaining overnight hours and out through at least the morning hours.
If this pans out, especially over already hard hit locations, dangerous flooding and flash flooding will occur, including on area creeks, bayous and rivers. Beta`s slow forecasted movement over the next 24 to 36 hours will favor additional banding development. If this happens, especially over the same areas over and over again, dangerous flooding and flash flooding could continue on into tonight and Wednesday morning, including in and near locations that have been experiencing some surge related flooding from this system. Additional rainfall totals of 5 to 10 inches or more will be possible with the persistent banding, and this could easily make Beta`s isolated totals reach or exceed 20 inches.

&&

.LONG TERM [Wednesday Night through Tuesday]...

Beta (or what is left of Beta) will be working its way out of the
Southeast Texas area Wednesday night and Thursday. A drier
weather pattern looks to settle in behind this system for the
remainder of the week and into most of the weekend. We are still
seeing some model differences show up with their forecast of the
next cold fronts moving across Southeast Texas. Look for one to
possible edge across the area Sunday night followed by a second
one coming through on Tuesday.
BrazosBendHorn
Just curious ... when they designed the stretch of 288 between Loop 610 and US59, was there some confusion over whether this was going to be a highway or a detention pond?
Alex Bregman
AG
BrazosBendHorn said:

Just curious ... when they designed the stretch of 288 between Loop 610 and US59, was there some confusion over whether this was going to be a highway or a detention pond?
Why not both?
gougler08
AG
I can almost see the sun in Richmond, first time in a couple days!

But I think "it's gon rain" is coming for us later
V8Aggie
AG
I already have one of those on the wheel & brake. Will check out wheel boots though. Sounds interesting. Thanks!
HtownAg92
AG
Nitro Power said:

What is it with Democrats and fear mongering. When the storm is clearly dying out, Dora wants to let people know her opinions and how important she is. We are so ****ed if a real storm happens to hit here while she is in office. Is there a legitimate opponent that will beat her the next go around, or is she here to stay? She is absolutely clueless.

https://abc13.com/weather/harris-co-judge-urges-people-to-not-sleep-on-betas-threats/6485187/
Not to give Dora too much credit, but Good Call!

You wouldn't be related to Branding Iron would you?
Nitro Power
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Nitro Power said:

What is it with Democrats and fear mongering. When the storm is clearly dying out, Dora wants to let people know her opinions and how important she is. We are so ****ed if a real storm happens to hit here while she is in office. Is there a legitimate opponent that will beat her the next go around, or is she here to stay? She is absolutely clueless.

https://abc13.com/weather/harris-co-judge-urges-people-to-not-sleep-on-betas-threats/6485187/
Not to give Dora too much credit, but Good Call!

You wouldn't be related to Branding Iron would you?
I was wrong, I can own it
Teddy Perkins
AG
11 inches over the last 24hrs and climbing in Meyerland.

Brays still in its banks though.

Cromagnum
AG
Meyerland seems to get boned every single flood event we have.
Martin Q. Blank
Cromagnum said:

Meyerland seems to get boned every single flood event we have.
I wonder why.

Silky Johnston
Westbury to the Med Center was getting pounded on the way in about 30 minutes ago. Seems to have lightened up a bit in the Med Center.
Beat40
gougler08 said:

I can almost see the sun in Richmond, first time in a couple days!

But I think "it's gon rain" is coming for us later
Yeah, the afternoon probably will not be great. The interesting thing is if you look at the hourly rain percentages for Richmond, as of right now, it's 60% at 1pm, 80% at 2pm, 90-95% until 11pm. Then, at Midnight tonight, it's 75% and continues to decrease throughout the night and throughout Wednesday.

We'll see if that holds.
htxag09
AG
A screenshot from a video someone posted on my Facebook nextdoor. White Oak bayou, the hike and bike bridge just east of tc jester.

MAROON
AG
Radar indicates SW Houston should see a respite from the rain for a few hours at least. Talked to my brother in Seabrook and he said it's sunny there.

Bands appear to be moving east
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Anti-taxxer
AG
It's finally not raining in west Pearland.
Fitch
AG
Buffalo Bayou still in banks but getting up there.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
It would've helped if I'd bothered to zoom in on the photo
The story isn't that [DeSantis] "couldn't win" the primary. The story is that an overwhelming majority of our population is heinously stupid. 50% of them vote for communists. 75% of the remaining 50% vote for Trump, who cant win. When the majority of the opposition party insists on voting for an opposition candidate who can't win, you get exactly the government you deserve. - Well Endowed Ag

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.