Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical two-fer

522,096 Views | 3418 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by V8Aggie
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bluefire579 said:

jenn96 said:

BohunkAg said:

Anyone remember how widely variable the track for Rita was in 2005?

I remember. We were expecting it to come in over Matagorda - and basically pass over my house - and instead it hit East Texas and we didn't even get rain.
I was in school at A&M at the time. Exact same thing - I remember going to the Bryan HEB for basic groceries and having to pick through cleared shelves because everyone was panic buying. Didn't rain there either.
Boarding up windows for Hurricane Rita
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
MAS444 said:

There is no "s" in Kroger.
when you pronounce it K-Roger's there is
TopFlightReject
gigemJTH12 said:

rangerdanger said:

TopFlightReject said:

I got a wife thats 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant.. she's ready to pop. I DO NOT want to be stuck somewhere in a hurricane delivering a baby.

I would be feeding her chocolate cake and taking her walks around the neighborhood lol. Best wishes on whenever the time comes though.
you forgot sexing her!

Haha.. have done all of the above and then some.. its weird hearing her dr. tell you to have more of the sex if you want this baby out.. much to the dismay of my wife who wants anything but that.

I did catch her eating the rest of her birthday cake (she turned 31 on Friday) about midnight last night. And morning elliptical/evening neighborhood walks have become the norm the last few weeks.

We've actually already been to the hospital twice for I guess what could be considered false runs. Both times she was having pretty good contractions that met the 5-1-1 rule and she has been 3cm dilated for the past 2.5weeks... baby just didnt want to come out so they sent us home both times. And his head is measuring (as of 38 week ultrasound) right at 41 weeks and 4 days. I've already been chastised for making her have a big headed baby boy. Our 2.5yo daughter was about the same way.. had a big ol noggin on her.

Anyways.. depending on how the city/county PC goes and what we get out of the 4pm/10pm advisories from the NHC could see us bugging out somewhere near a hospital. We live in a small town NE of houston and as my wife put it.. "I am not having this baby at the vet".
Cromagnum
AG
Nagler said:

MAS444 said:

and there's only one S in New Braunfels.

No way. There is a Z. New Bronzefuls.
gougler08
AG
It's definitely New Braunssssfels
one MEEN Ag
AG
Ag_07 said:

Whats the thought process behind buying water?

When was the last time a storm knocked out the municipal water system?
I saw some people hit on bits and pieces, but hurricanes can force you to use other sources of water in a couple different ways:

-Take the pumps offline that pump water to the top of the water towers. So you won't get good water pressure and ultimately no water.
-Contaminate your clean water with flood water. This one is a little more complex though. Waste treatment facilities do not have a shut off valve. They have to always be treating the inflow of sewage. During a flood, they can lose power, be overtopped, or be beyond capacity. In any of these events raw sewage gets mingled into the stormwater. This is why floodwater is always considered blackwater. This storm water leaches into the ground and can surround the outside of the water pipes. Normally, those pipes have a positive pressure of water flowing through them. So any leaks are of clean water pushing out into the dirt. If the pumps go offline, and pipe water pressure drops as the flood waters rise, there's a risk the storm water can enter into the pipes. Thats where you get boil advisories.

So for hurricanes, it is prudent to have bottled water as you could potentially be without water for days. And its usually accompanied by the summer heat bearing down on you while you're picking up limbs in your yard.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Exactly...

So often that can then lead to a notice to boil water you plan to use for consumption... but if you don't have power...
one MEEN Ag
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Exactly...

So often that can then lead to a notice to boil water you plan to use for consumption... but if you don't have power...
Which is why you want a gas stove.
Fitch
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

FWIW H-E-B was very normal this morning. They have this stuff down - lots of full pallets of water. Cashier said they are bracing for the nut jobs to panic and crush the store after work today.

Insert Kevin Bacon's "everyone remain calm" gif.
One by my house (Washington/Heights Blvd) had 5 trucks docked and queued up last night.
BohunkAg
AG
MAS444 said:

K-Roger is what I call it.

EDIT: FWA beat me to it.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Not everyone is as cool as the rest of us.

94chem
one MEEN Ag said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Exactly...

I have one. It's outdoors. It's called a grill.
JJxvi
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

AgCPA95 said:

MAS444 said:

or Shipley
or Shipley's
Shipley's is allowable if you're going to the one on Ella at 34th...
one MEEN Ag
AG
94chem said:

one MEEN Ag said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Exactly...

I have one. It's outdoors. It's called a grill
Bunsen burners don't count.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Jock 07
AG
Nagler said:

MAS444 said:

You'll find it right there at the end. There's also an X in the middle of Mexia
tk for tu juan
Wishcasting
Anti-taxxer
AG
Jock 07 said:

Nagler said:

MAS444 said:

You'll find it right there at the end. There's also an X in Mexia

That's Mahair.
Martin Q. Blank
Teddy Perkins said:

He may be right, but I can't bring myself to believe anyone named Blake.
jefe95
AG
And he wavered on their and they're. He was almost there.
agproducer
AG
TopFlightReject said:

gigemJTH12 said:

rangerdanger said:

TopFlightReject said:

I got a wife thats 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant.. she's ready to pop. I DO NOT want to be stuck somewhere in a hurricane delivering a baby.

I would be feeding her chocolate cake and taking her walks around the neighborhood lol. Best wishes on whenever the time comes though.
you forgot sexing her!

Haha.. have done all of the above and then some.. its weird hearing her dr. tell you to have more of the sex if you want this baby out.. much to the dismay of my wife who wants anything but that.

I did catch her eating the rest of her birthday cake (she turned 31 on Friday) about midnight last night. And morning elliptical/evening neighborhood walks have become the norm the last few weeks.

We've actually already been to the hospital twice for I guess what could be considered false runs. Both times she was having pretty good contractions that met the 5-1-1 rule and she has been 3cm dilated for the past 2.5weeks... baby just didnt want to come out so they sent us home both times. And his head is measuring (as of 38 week ultrasound) right at 41 weeks and 4 days. I've already been chastised for making her have a big headed baby boy. Our 2.5yo daughter was about the same way.. had a big ol noggin on her.

Anyways.. depending on how the city/county PC goes and what we get out of the 4pm/10pm advisories from the NHC could see us bugging out somewhere near a hospital. We live in a small town NE of houston and as my wife put it.. "I am not having this baby at the vet".
Have her go get a pedicure. My wife swears by it. She went and got her toes done, then the next day she went into labor.

A woman I used to work with suggested the pedicure route, since it also worked with her two kids. She went to get a pedicure, then the next day, she went into labor.

Martin Q. Blank
agproducer said:

TopFlightReject said:

gigemJTH12 said:

rangerdanger said:

TopFlightReject said:

you forgot sexing her!

Have her go get a pedicure. My wife swears by it. She went and got her toes done, then the next day she went into labor.

A woman I used to work with suggested the pedicure route, since it also worked with her two kids. She went to get a pedicure, then the next day, she went into labor.

Consequences

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Or a massive steak and a disappointing sexual rendezvous with a drunk husband works too.

At least that's what my wife tells me
Anti-taxxer
AG
TopFlightReject said:

gigemJTH12 said:

rangerdanger said:

TopFlightReject said:

you forgot sexing her!

I second the pedicure post. I'm not 100% certain, but I went into labor with my first just a few hours after having one.

I also went into labor both times during Aggie bowl games... I'm pretty sure the stress of those are what did it.
AgLiving06
This could be huge!

Charlie Murphy
Models seem to be shifting every 4 hours.
Cromagnum
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

Models seem to be shifting every 4 hours.

I think they will keep doing that until it clears Cuba tonight. Hopefully the 10AM update on Tuesday will have things more locked in.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Is this a west shift? Or East?
Ag_07
AG
Scary thing is what actually happens is probably somewhere in the middle.
Post removed:
by user
Charlie Murphy
East. As stated before It's way to early to tell anything. Next update could shift it right back to Galvetraz.
JJxvi
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

Is this a west shift? Or East?
East. The left picture is initialized 00z and the right 12z today
Seabreeze
1pm NHC advisory, no changes
Gig-Em2003
AG
Berger reiterates Houston is by no means in the clear.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.