*****Official Texas 42 Discussion Thread******

157,007 Views | 1420 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by lockett93
ConstructionAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aww dp.

[This message has been edited by Zach-12 (edited 10/22/2013 7:25a).]
Philip J Fry
AG
Email time, because I'm in a bad mood and my back hurts...

quote:
Don't be a smart ass to me. I was just letting you know the **** is not working correctly. I have help promote this game for a lot of people. I can also repost your smart comment for the world to see.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 21, 2013, at 11:59 PM, Fry wrote:

I'm aware :-/

One of the lessons you have to learn the hard way is that you aren't as smart as you think you are. Usually with a release, I would have sent it to my beta testers to make sure everything was working before submitting it to apple. With my AI "fix" for 2.1, I assumed everything was working after playing through a hand I knew to be causing a problem. Turns out, that wasn't the case. 2.1.2 does fix the problem, however and will be ready in a handful of days...if not sooner.

Please check my Facebook link or texags for updates.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM, OG wrote:
Every time I start a game and play several bids the game will shut off and I am back on my IPhone home screen ?

Sent from my iPhone

[This message has been edited by Philip j fry (edited 10/22/2013 8:47a).]
Bockaneer
AG
Looks like I have the same issues you are tracking - just updated iPhone due to rainstorm and reloaded apps - oops, I got the fatal version that kills on the third round played.

Can't wait for the fix. Nice game.
TexasRebel
AG
Looks like someone doesn't know how to read generalities.
Philip J Fry
AG
To be fair, he later offered me a beer for the misunderstanding.

Once again, if anyone wants to beta test 2.1.2 while we wait, sign your device up for testflightapp and send me your UDID.

[This message has been edited by Philip J Fry (edited 10/22/2013 12:56p).]
kbassil
AG
Phillip, how would you like to vent on our podcast one of these nights? (Via teamspeak)
Stocky82
AG
Sorry if it ruins the fun, but I'm not the Congressman; however, he and I do seem to have a lot more in common than just a name. And every time he would show up in a political cartoon, said cartoon would magically appear on my office door.

No, I'm the Steve Stockman that works for Symantec. My name is in the credits of almost every Mac OS product they've released in the past 20 years.
Philip J Fry
AG
Mac OS you say? Apple would make quite a bit of money if they would allow developers to pay to have their app reviewed in a timely manner. A little shocked that isn't an option, actually.
TexasRebel
AG
I'm sure it is an option if you know who to slip Benny and his identical siblings to.
Philip J Fry
AG
I just pulled out "My app is typically in the top 25-50 in the card category card"...Now chop chop.

Probably won't get a response until morning.
Philip J Fry
AG
Wow. Got a response within a few minutes and good news!!!!

quote:
Hello Mike,

I understand that you're concerned about the review of your app, Texas 42 HD.

I checked on your app which is currently In Review and the review is processing as normal. I would like to assure you helping you get your app update onto the App Store is very important to us, and we are working hard to process your submissions as quickly as possible. Also, we cannot delete a specific version of your app or revert to a previous version.

Please understand there are many factors that contribute to the time required for review and review times will vary, so it’s not possible to estimate when a review will be completed. However, there are no further actions you need to take at this time. If we require additional information to complete the review, we will notify you directly.

I get the sense that Apple game me a polite middle finger.
TexasRebel
AG
they just said there is nothing you need to do.

Can is another thing.
Philip J Fry
AG
http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-why-it-really-sucks-to-be-an-app-reviewer-for-apple-2012-7

Interesting read...

quote:
To make matters worse, Lee says the app reviewers are essentially tasked with managing a slush pile of apps. Yes, there are quality apps, but he says there is so much garbage that reviewers "may accidentally toss out the gem."
In fact, garbage may be putting it mildly. Lee tells us that app reviewers are frequently bombarded with app submissions that have pictures of male genitalia. And no, we're not talking about the occasional image here and there. Lee says that Apple's employees are forced to spend lots of valuable time "sitting there looking at things that may or may not be d*cks all day long."
Here's what he told Business Insider:
It's a very serious problem, trying to filter out things that no one is there to see. Somebody has to sit there and filter out all those d*cks. You can't let all those d*cks get through. You have to err way on the side of safety. You have to have people sitting there looking at things that may or may not be d*cks all day long. Apple refuses to farm stuff out to massive groups of people. They insist on having actual smart, educated, well-trained people doing the job. So that means they have to have some of their actual employees sifting through a pile of d*cks.
TexasRebel
AG
I am curious.

are they reading millions of lines of code and having to deal with frustrating comments from coders like me (in addition to the phallus phenomenon)

or do they sift through piles of illegible, non-optimized, incomprehensible assembly language?
Philip J Fry
AG
2.1.2 is going live in a few minutes. Hold on to your butts...

Philip J Fry
AG
Ready to download.
Sea Gull
AG
Just tried a full game, it worked great!
Philip J Fry
AG
Any other reports out there from 2.1.2 users?
TexasRebel
AG
Doing well. AI seems improved in most places. I even tested a few app switches an my game kept going.

On tiny suggestion. Even if the player opts to draw tiles if there are only seven left force the auto draw.
Philip J Fry
AG
Agreed. Will be in the next release.

I'm not sure how changing house rules while the trump picker is up will work. I'm guessing it won't crash, but won't change trump options.
Stocky82
AG
2.1.2 working great
Bockaneer
AG
Made it thru a whole game... And won
Philip J Fry
AG
Any crashes at all yet? Some folks say it's happening, but I think they were still downloading 2.1.1...otherwise known as Satan.
Philip J Fry
AG
Bump because I'm still getting occasional emails.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
I know you're not quite headed back towards AI fixes yet, but I wanted to post this before I forgot.

Partner went two marks, nello, doubles as a suit with the following hand:

Philip J Fry
AG
Besides the 66, is there anything wrong with that bid? If he wasn't able to follow suit on that next trick, he would have been in good shape.

Oh, dip. I assumed the player on the left made that bid.

[This message has been edited by Philip J Fry (edited 10/25/2013 5:28p).]
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
Oh, dip. I assumed the player on the left made that bid

Yeah, that I would have been fine with.

I almost outbid my partner and went 3 marks with 3s as trump but I thought: "He never goes nello, he must have a made hand!"...not so much.
Philip J Fry
AG
I seriously wonder if he is looking at Philips hand and thinking it's his. That decision goes completely against the rules I made for that bid.
BeefAg_00~
When does this come out for Android?
Philip J Fry
AG
Several months ago.
BeefAg_00~
What do I search for?
Philip J Fry
AG
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maroonentertainment.Texas42
BeefAg_00~
Looks awesome. Please tell me its multiplayer.
Philip J Fry
AG
Interesting. On my computer, Jay passes just as he should.

The nello code works by first checking to see if there is any way to lose the first trick. Assuming no tiles win, it moves on to the number it can win by following suit. Debugging the code shows that Jay's tiles beat 16 if he's following suit. Way way outside the bounds of what I said the computer can bid. I think I set it at 2 with a low percentage random roll and 1 with a medium percentage random roll.

So, Jay's bid violates my rules and has not yet been reproducible on my end.

1: This is the iphone verison, right?
2: Do you know what your house rules are?
3: Do you remember Philip's bid?

[This message has been edited by Philip J Fry (edited 10/25/2013 9:52p).]
Philip J Fry
AG
Not yet. It's in the works. It's only multiplayer on iOS at the moment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.