*****Official Texas 42 Discussion Thread******

157,015 Views | 1420 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by lockett93
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most excellent schooling there.
Philip J Fry
AG
Yeah. I would have been satisfied after it shuffled.

I just changed it so that folks who want to play will have to have the update.
TexasRebel
AG
You've never seen me play. I really just need a partner who can follow suit.

That bid did have three very fortunate splits. Gave me an idea though. If we could find a way to discuss computer moves during play.
Philip J Fry
AG
There's a GC chat feature I was considering implementing at some point. There's also the phone, which works while the app is up.
Philip J Fry
AG
So last night, I changed the 42 profile so that you must upgrade to 2.0.4 to play multiplayer. Since then, have there been any issues as described a few messages back?
2006EE
AG
The current version works so far in iOS 7. My beta license with you expired last month. Let me know if you need testing in 7.
agcrock2005
AG
Phillip,

I found what I believe to be a playing error. My partner bid 31 with doubles, gave the lead to the opposing team because he didn't have double six. You'll see in the picture that while we lost a ten count on the first play, partner didn't have a two, yet didn't trump and allowed us to lose.

What's best way to get screenshot from my Iphone to here? Not sure what to put between the . Thanks.
Philip J Fry
AG
You have to put it on a host server. Or you can just e-mail it to me. Either way, I'll flag it to look at in the future.
agcrock2005
AG
What's your e-mail and I'll shoot it your way.
Philip J Fry
AG
maroonentertainment at gmail
Philip J Fry
AG
Alright. Just made a significant leap in developing for the Android this weekend. For the most part, I've completely ported over one of the most important tools in the game. From here on out, the hardest thing I have left will be managing all the various types of layouts (my God, there's a million of them to deal with).

I may start with just 480x800 hdpi devices for now and expand as I go along. How many of you would this cover?

Hudson2508
AG
I'm on the Nexus 4 (1280 x 768 ) and the Nexus 10 (2560×1600).
sims05
AG
I'm on a Nexus 7. It is 1280x800. Not too worried about the timing of the release.
sims05
AG
A quick question, if you release an app that is designed for a smaller screen, is there any reason it can't be viewed on a device with a larger screen? Will the image not get stretched or be letterboxed?
Philip J Fry
AG
If it has the same aspect ratio, then no. Android can just blow it up, but it'll lose some clarity in the process.

Otherwise, I can just make it add black bars on the top/bottom/sides to keep my designed aspect ratio on tact. Seems like a really tacky way to handle it though.

[This message has been edited by Philip j fry (edited 6/18/2013 8:10a).]
sims05
AG
That makes sense. I'm really not too worried about getting the app. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to have it some day, but there is an app on the android market that will work until yours is out there.
Philip J Fry
AG
Understood. However, it isn't multiplayer as far as I know and I fully intend to go that route once I'm up and running.
TX AG 88
AG
Android user request: Please post a new thread on here when the Android version is available? I will definitely download it, but I don't check in on this thread often, so may never know when it's available... looking forward to seeing it, tho!
Philip J Fry
AG
Will do. Once I get to the point of needing Android Beta testers, I'll start a new thread.
TX AG 88
AG
cool!

sims05
AG
It isn't multiplayer, but for now it exists. When I first came across this thread the android version didn't exist, so it was a frustrating wait. Now that there is an android version it's at least something until your better version comes out.
BuLi97
AG
Why does the computer partner continue to throw doubles as offs, and then we get set. This hand I just completed we were in control of the game. I was in the lead, my partner had 3 dominoes left - 2 trumps (the last 2 trumps) and a double. All he needed to do was trump in and we would win the rest of the tricks. But instead he plays his double and keeps the 2 trumps. The other opponent then didn't have to follow suit and put a 10-count on the trick and we lost. This happens a LOT! My wife plays all the time and this is one of her biggest complaints in the computer partner.
BuLi97
AG
I have a screen capture but how do you upload it to here?
FightinAggie07
AG
You need to host the image (i.e. upload it to PhotoBucket.com), then insert the image URL between the IMG codes.

Here is the TexAgs forum code help: http://texags.com/main/forumcode.asp
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
Why does the computer partner continue to throw doubles as offs, and then we get set.

Probably because something in here:

quote:

if (int_maxnumberabove==0 && (int_player2numberoftrumps-1> =int_numberofmytrumpshigherthanoppentshightrump
||int_player3numberoftrumps+int_player1numberoftrumps==0 ))
{boo_walkers=true;}

if (boo_walkers==true && boo_winninglowtrumpexists==true)
{

boo_tilefound=true;
int_player2moveindex=int_player2lowjunktrumpindex;
}

else if( int_player2numberoftrumps> 0 &&
([[marray_table[0]valueForKey:@"int_trickvalue"]intValue]> =float_randomplay
|| (int_player2numberoftrumps+int_player2numbernontrumpswithcount==[marray_player2 count])
|| boo_player3likelyforcedcount==true
|| boo_player4likelyforcedcount==true
|| (boo_team2wonbid && 42-1-int_team1trickscore<int_team2scorerequirement)
|| (boo_team1wonbid && 42-1-int_team2trickscore<int_team1scorerequirement)
|| (([[marray_player2[int_player2hightrumpindex]valueForKey:@"int_trickvalue"]intValue]> 0
&& (int_player2hightrump<int_player3hightrump && int_player2hightrump<int_player1hightrump))
&& (int_player3numberlead> 1 || int_player3numberoftrumps==0 || boo_player3likelyloses==true))))
{

is not working as expected. Like I said before, if you can't figure out how to post it on here, I'm happy to get it via email. Doesn't really matter to me one way or another.

[This message has been edited by Philip J Fry (edited 6/24/2013 10:10p).]
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
Just bought the app, which is pretty sweet. Good work!

My request, and I apologize if this has already been brought up, but to add a doubles are a suit of their own option.

So no trumps follow me, but doubles are their own suit.
Philip J Fry
AG
That is on my list for the next release....as are the following:

Nello Doubles
Splash
Plunge
A house rules menu to turn these options on/off

This will be done concurrently with Android development.
mlwoo
Just downloaded. Pretty great AI for such a complicated game. 2 bucks for hours of quality poops is well worth it.
CrockerCock00
AG
Downloaded to my Asus Transformer Infinity and every time I hit "Single Player", the game crashes to the desktop, no error message. Uninstalled (purchase refunded), repurchased, reinstalled, same thing still happening.
Philip J Fry
AG
Can you tell me your screen size. I'll look into it right now.
CrockerCock00
AG
1920 x 1200
Philip J Fry
AG
Great thanks.
Philip J Fry
AG
Pretty sure I know what's wrong with it. Should be fixed in a few hours.
Philip J Fry
AG
Just uploaded 1.0.3. This should fix your issue CrockerCock00.
CrockerCock00
AG
That fixed it, thanks for the quick response!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.