*****Official Texas 42 Discussion Thread******

156,989 Views | 1420 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by lockett93
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hmmmm. I will try to do a better job of notifying everyone next time. On my end it says "email sent" next to everyone's name.

Doesn't really matter. 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 had no AI changes and 1.1.4 was approved so quickly, I don't think anyone would have had the chance to catch this bug.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Interesting, I stopped getting emails from the test flight app, so I haven't been updating the beta even though you've released new versions.

At least y'all have that app. I haven't been able to get around to it, who knows what beta version I'm on
Philip J Fry
AG
You are on testflightapp, right? So much easier to update your beta over the air than syncing through iTunes.
Maverick06
AG
My update came through today. I'll let you know if it happens again. iPhone yes.

Love the app by the way. Play for at least an hour if not more a day! I've skunked the computer several times!
Philip J Fry
AG
Mav,

If you are playing that much, then you totally need to sign up as a beta tester.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
You are on testflightapp, right? So much easier to update your beta over the air than syncing through iTunes.

Nope, I'll have to dig through and try and find your email about the instructions. Hopefully I still have it. And I blame school for my lack of beta participation as of late, I have had at least one test (sometimes more) a week for the past 5 weeks so free time is kinda at a premium right now. I'll try and get around to it Thursday night after I'm done with my test for this week.
Philip J Fry
AG
Go to testflightapp.com.
Install app.

Easy as that.
Maverick06
AG
I'm set up on testflight. Let me know how to get the beta.
Philip J Fry
AG
You need to email me your UDID. Once I have that, I can grant you access to the beta.

The easiest way to get it is to download UDID+ or some other free app in the app store and email the results to

maroonentertainment@gmail.com

This goes to anyone who wants to be a beta tester.

Has anyone seen a 2 mark bid go through since 1.1.5 was released?

[This message has been edited by Philip J Fry (edited 10/18/2012 7:59p).]
trueaggie2782
AG
I found an interesting bug. While drawing to see who shakes first, I tied with two other players. We drew again and I had the lowest domino and the other two players tied again. However, all three of us were forced to draw again even though I didn't tie. I once again drew the lowest and the other two tied...again. All three of us were forced to draw....again. Finally I pulled the 6-6 and the other two didn't tie, so I "won" the mix.
Philip J Fry
AG
Damn you for not picking the high tile the first time.
Michael Carroll
AG
Just bought the app yesterday. I like it. I haven't played it enough yet to make any suggestions. Will give it a week or so and come back.
trueaggie2782
AG
I still haven't been able to narrow it down but version 1.1.5 still crashes on the ipad 3 with the same memory issue.

quote:
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0xd0000008
Crashed Thread: 0
Philip J Fry
AG
Is this the 2 mark thing or some other crash?
trueaggie2782
AG
I think I bid 2 marks when it happened
Philip J Fry
AG
Hmmmm.

Was able to reproduce the crash in beta testing...

Was able to verify the fix worked in beta testing...

Very much a Wookie living on Endor
Philip J Fry
AG
Jay just bid 2 marks for me and everything worked just like it should.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has had crashes on the iPad.
gkaggie08
AG
Just bought the app yesterday, and all I have to say is great job, this is a hell of a lot better than any other 42 app. My only suggestion would be to add follow me, doubles low. I would have had a lay over 2 mark hand if it had that. Again, thanks for making this app!
gkaggie08
AG
Dp

[This message has been edited by gkaggie08 (edited 10/30/2012 2:25p).]
Philip J Fry
AG

Great news! Just finished my first game of 4-person multiplayer!

Still have a few things that I need to take care of first before it goes into beta testing, but the game can now do 2-4 players.

[This message has been edited by Philip J Fry (edited 10/30/2012 11:21p).]
agfan2013
pencil
Four player!
pencil
The game is great but I think the ai needs work when it comes to nello. Fry kept leading the same thing ( sixes) three times in a row even though I didn't have any.

Philip J Fry
AG
Blah. No doubt. The players are suppose to know when you run out of a particular suit. I'll add this to my list once I venture back into the AI realm.
kjcAg
AG
Hubby and I both can't stop playing this! Can't wait for the multiple player app. Great job!
pencil
Ok...when can I get multiplayer for iPad?

I will probably stop playing nello in single player. The ai had the lead (doubles high) and kept leading doubles!

Philip J Fry
AG
I don't know. It will be a while before I can get back to coding.
pencil
Btw, The straight 42 ai is very impressive.

Now start coding! Please
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Btw, The straight 42 ai is very impressive.

Now start coding! Please

Dude, bad timing in bumping this thread, sh** will be here when it gets here, quit pushing him. Again sorry for your loss PJF, don't worry about any 42 stuff for awhile.
Philip J Fry
AG
It's okay. I don't recall pencil being a football regular.

Once I get my dad's affairs in order, I'll be taking extended leave from work. I plan on coding the hell out of the day to keep myself busy.
JMC94
Just came across this thread, didn't read the entire thing, only the 1st page. bought the app and look forward to playing with it this weekend. Its been a while (multiple years) since I played 42 and am looking forward to getting back into it.
pencil
Sorry PJF...I don't frequent the zoo very often. Whatever your situation is, I wish you the best. Regards,
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
Sorry PJF...I don't frequent the zoo very often.

Wise move.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
quote:
Sorry PJF...I don't frequent the zoo very often.

Wise move.

Amen
trueaggie2782
AG
I know that you are working on the AI, but after playing nearly 10-15 games per day, I have some worries. I started playing face up to test my theories. First, it seems that the piece of code that randomizes the dominos during the deal plays favorites to Phillip and Fry. What I mean is that 90%+ of the time, our opponents receive multiple doubles along with 3-4 of a high trump suit whilst Jay and I continue to receive shotty hands. Next, it appears as though the computer opponents know exactly what is in everybody's hand. They will have a couple offs and just happen to continuously throw the off that their opponent has the double of. Even when logically the off shouldn't be thrown, they will throw it "knowing" that their opponent will catch it. I know it's next to impossible for the computer not to know because of the number memory, but it seems way to obvious.

With that said, I know you are working on multiplayer instead of AI at this point but I worry that there won't consistently be enough players for the multiplayer to work. Also, if you have fewer than 4 real players, will it be set up to where an AI player takes one or more positions. If that's the case, I would think the AI should be up to par before multiplayer.

I still think this is an awesome app, but I just wanted to voice concerns. Because we are just communicating in text, it may come off that I'm trying to be an @$$, but I am just legitimately trying to help.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.