*****Official Texas 42 Discussion Thread******

156,992 Views | 1420 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by lockett93
SF2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!!

Oh and will you be making an ipad retina version? Gotta have more retinas!!!

I look forward to you all kicking my ass.
cone
AG
purchased

congrats
Philip J Fry
AG
Gotta take a quick break from developing the iPad version to throw together some semblance of webpage.

I've done all the hard work for it already though, so I think I should be submitting it in the next few days. Should be ready for sale in 7-10 days after that.
cone
AG
this is pretty awesome

strong work
stark_ag
AG
Not showing up in my app store yet. How are yall getting it?
Philip J Fry
AG
I believe it is already showing in the iTunes app store. You can purchase it there.
agfan2013
AG
Search "maroon entertainment" one of my friends didn't see it under "Texas 42" so I told him to search that instead and he found it
Philip J Fry
AG
Interesting. I've heard there are issues with the new app store search engine. Perhaps I'll tweak my keywords when I release 1.0.1

Ah. Search for Texas42 with no spaces.

[This message has been edited by Philip j fry (edited 6/28/2012 8:41p).]
stark_ag
AG
Found it in the iTunes store on desktop right away. Guess it takes a little longer to load into the mobile store, but it showed up eventually. Looks good!
khkman22
AG
Found it by searching 42 Texas.
Philip J Fry
AG
Excellent! I was afraid I'd made an app no one could find.
Philip J Fry
AG
And with that, v1.0.1 has been submitted. This corrects the bid picker/trump picker bug with some very minor AI tweaks.
tracer311
AG
WH'00P!!! Kevin Sumkin and I are kicking Deloss Dodds and Crack Brown's asses!!
fig96
AG
Congrats man, hope it's a big seller.

Tony Stark and I have had some ups and some downs against Bruce Banner and Steve Rogers.

techno-ag
AG
Congrats.
khkman22
AG
If I want to gift the iPad app to my parents when it is available, but all I have is an iPhone, how do I do that? Do I have to go through iTunes app store on my computer to do that?
RedbeardAG
AG
Dangit.. requires 5.1 OS... and I don't have WiFI access to update.
Rubble
AG
Just purchased. Excellent job!!
Bregxit
AG
Purchased it and looks good! I am learning the basics of 42 on this app.

Having not really played 42 much before I think I may or may not have found a bug. I will try to describe this as best I can...if I am just 42 retarded forgive me please...

Trump is 6's
Lead was 5's

Philip lead with double 5
Jay played 4|5
Fry played 3|5

I have the 0|5 and 5|6 in my hand. Shouldn't I be able to play the 5|6 to avoid playing the 0|5 and giving Philip the count? Or is it because 6's are trumps the piece would count as a 6 and not a 5?

Pretty sure I just answered my own question typing this out. Sucks.
Dr. Horrible
Yup, you did. Sixes are trumps so you had to play a 5 before you could play a trump...
Bregxit
AG
Thanks Dr Horrible for confirming. I was a spades and hearts master and never learned 42 very well.

To add to Phillip's menu/bid bug...

It happens if your low battery indicator pops up during the bid as well. Not sure if your fix handles both or not.
Dr. Horrible
I had the indicator deal happen and it froze, but I just exited out to the home screen and went back in and I was able to continue where I left off. I didn't have to restart.
Bregxit
AG
Good call...I had to back out twice. Second time back in it freed up.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
Dangit.. requires 5.1 OS... and I don't have WiFI access to update.

Im stupid. Nothing in the code requires 5.1. I'll yank 1.0.1 tonight and save it for an earlier release.

The battery message causes a similar freeze I think, but 1.0.1 won't fix it. It requires a different strategy.
AggieChemE09
AG
Just bought the game for the Ipad. Works well and feels right so far. Ill play with it some more and give any comments I have to you.

Thanks!!!
gibby03
AG
As a beta tester I've been playing this game for a few weeks now. This guy has worked extremely hard on this app and there have been very few problems with gameplay and AI strategy. Not to mention when there was a problem it was fixed in the next beta update.

Everyone I have shown it to has asked where to get it. Now I can tell them it's available. Congrats man!!!!
kinto
I'll have to upgrade my OS tonight.
agfox06
AG
Per-Chased. Now Apple's server's must be slow cause it... ahhh. now i got it.

I'll let you know.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
I'll have to upgrade my OS tonight.

Or you can wait another few days for the earlier iOS fix to be released. Please tell me you at least have 5.0.
guadalupeag
Bought it this morning, played about 7-8 games so far.

First, great job, game is really fun to play and is far and away better than any 42 game I have ever played.

I’ve seen a few strange plays here and there, but nothing too far out of the norm of playing a game in person except for once.

Partner wins bid, can’t remember for how much but it didn’t matter in the end.

Trumps 5’s, I have none but I have four doubles (blank, ace, deuce, trey)

Partner plays double 5, 6:5, 5:4 to start.

Partner then plays 2:0, so I take over.

I play double trey first, then I play double blank, at this point my partner plays the last trump taking the lead over again.

All that is left is the double 4, 6:4, 4:1 and my double ace. Partner then plays the 4:1, opponent plays 6:4, and the other opponent plays double 4.

Not sure what the AI was thinking with that one, but it’s only happened once and bone headed plays are a part of 42 sometimes, I just thought it was a play worth making note of.

Once again, incredible job with the game, I’m having a hard time putting it down once I get going.

[This message has been edited by guadalupeag (edited 6/29/2012 6:05p).]
Philip J Fry
AG
I'm hopeful that 1.0.1 will fix some of that. I can tell you that the code was written with the intent of it playing the 4-1 instead of the trump in a situation where all the trumps are accounted for and its partner is gaurunteed to win. Sometimes, my coding skills fail me though resulting in an obviously idiotic move.
Greg09Ag
AG
Purchased. I've been waiting for this! Is there any multiplayer functionality?
Philip J Fry
AG
Right now? Negatory. Will there be in the future? Absolutely.
kinto
Yes, I have 5.0.
And angry face was not at you, it was that I couldn't play as soon as I saw the game!
TexAgg_IE
AG
Enjoy my $2 as much as I am currently enjoying the game!!! I'll report any bugs I find.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.