********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,413 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reports are Dak was pretty much a full participant at OTA's and he looked really good... looked 100% as if the ankle never happened. That's what we want!
Macarthur
Dak is also quoted as saying Collins and Tyron look the best they've every looked. If those two can stay relatively healthy, I feel this offense can be historic.
Macarthur
Southlake
Standback, standback
In the middle of my room, I did not hear from you
It's alright, it's alright...

Yeah, I'm bored...

jr15aggie
AG
OTA things I'm hearing... some of this I'm just relaying info and some I'm reading between the lines:

• La'el looks really good. He was notably overweight last year which technically may not have been all his fault. Covid shut down all local gyms and no players were allowed to use team facilities. But he looks to be back in shape and ready.
  • They say Tyron is the best he's been in years. Said, after the fact, that he should have had that surgery years ago... trying to just work through it was a bad idea. Coaches have apparently also told him to lay off the strength gains, he doesn't need to be any stronger, but instead focus on things like flexibility.
  • Brandon Knight has apparently been moved to guard and was taking Martin's reps. Leads me to believe that if Smith or Collins goes down this year that Zack Martin immediately kicks out to OT and we use our depth to plug the middle.
  • Kazee starting at free safety already (so did Haha early in camp so it doesn't mean much). But the only news I care about is his health and they say he's made a full recovery from the Achilles. Reports are he looked quick/fast. Very good news.
  • Sean McKeon (2nd year TE... undrafted guy... I didn't know who he was) apparently was turning a lot of heads. Looked very good at TE filling in for rehabbing Jarwin. I think Schultz is nursing something too. Anyway, that's good news cause we really need another capable TE so that we go into the season with 3 guys.
  • Dono back to wearing #6! Hell yeah! Love this kid, I personally think he's going to be huge for us this year assuming the front 7 is better than they were last year (and they definitely should be).

PooDoo
AG
I wonder if the number change inventory buy back is different for the Cowboys? Don't the Cowboys make their merch deals independently from the rest of the NFL?
MookieBlaylock
AG
PooDoo said:

I wonder if the number change inventory buy back is different for the Cowboys? Don't the Cowboys make their merch deals independently from the rest of the NFL?

Do Dono even do merch?
PooDoo
AG
Jaylon's smart. All he needs to do is get 50,000 WHITE nameplates sewn onto his old jerseys and he'll be able to sell them for a premium.
PooDoo
AG
I sure hope all of these footwork drills doesn't make him want to dance before he hits a hole.
PooDoo
AG
gigem1223
Rumor is Malik Hooker is supposed to choose between Cowboys and Dolphins soon.
PooDoo
AG
I picked him up in my Madden franchise with the draft rosters and we won the Superbowl and Zeke won MVP.
Jourdan Lewis was SB mvp with a pick 6 and fumble returned for a TD.
PooDoo
AG
You can tell Dak puts in work on everything just by looking at his signature.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
PooDoo said:

I picked him up in my Madden franchise with the draft rosters and we won the Superbowl and Zeke won MVP.

thanks for sharing.

really exciting stuff.
Goldie Wilson
ruddyduck said:

PooDoo said:

thanks for sharing.

really exciting stuff.
PooDoo
AG
ruddyduck said:

PooDoo said:

thanks for sharing.

really exciting stuff.

Gotta do something to keep the Cowboys thread on top of the Techsans.
PooDoo
AG
HC with CC
Macarthur
Stuff from OTAs.

Zeke looking very explosive and apparently CD Lamb is putting on a show. He's going to have a monster year.
PooDoo
AG
PooDoo
AG
Some even better news:
jteagle
AG
PooDoo said:

Some even better news:

If the O-Line can come back healthy Dallas will have one of the best offenses in the league. If the defense can make any improvement at all, the Cowboys can be a contender.
jr15aggie
AG
Was honestly amazing how we still won games last year considering the oline injuries and our defense.

If they can indeed come back full strength then good luck to opposing defenses. I'm just ready to see some good football again, I couldn't even watch some of that stuff last year.
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

Stuff from OTAs.

Zeke looking very explosive and apparently CD Lamb is putting on a show. He's going to have a monster year.

The Zeke stuff is very encouraging and we have multiple sources (going back to the start of 2021) who say Zeke is finally back to where he should have been the last couple of years. The holdout the previous year and covid last year did that guy NO favors! He was not ready for either season.

As for Lamb, WRs typically have pretty big bumps in performance from year 1 to year 2. Really excited to see him go to work this year with a healthy Dak and hopefully a healthy run game to open up the field.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

Stuff from OTAs.

The Zeke stuff is very encouraging and we have multiple sources (going back to the start of 2021) who say Zeke is finally back to where he should have been the last couple of years. The holdout the previous year and covid last year did that guy NO favors! He was not ready for either season.

As for Lamb, WRs typically have pretty big bumps in performance from year 1 to year 2. Really excited to see him go to work this year with a healthy Dak and hopefully a healthy run game to open up the field.

Yes, and the weak OL situation didn't help either.
jr15aggie
AG
Agreed. But IMO, the Zeke that came out of OSU and the Zeke that showed up in his first 2 years didn't need much of an O-line to be effective. The guy was a special talent... if that guy shows up again this year our offense should absolutely explode!
MookieBlaylock
AG
jr15aggie said:

Agreed. But IMO, the Zeke that came out of OSU and the Zeke that showed up in his first 2 years didn't need much of an O-line to be effective. The guy was a special talent... if that guy shows up again this year our offense should absolutely explode!

Fat Zeke is worthless
Lets hope the rumours are true but I will see it when I believe it

jr15aggie
AG
Right! I love 'glass half full' thinking, it's how I roll too. But year after year it's the same thing about how every player with previous issues is 100% good to go. And then the season starts...

He's hurt again... he's fat again... he still sucks!
jr15aggie
AG
Former Giants Coach Jim Fassel dead at 71 from a Heart Attack. Always got the impression he was a really great guy.
PooDoo
AG
PooDoo
AG
Gotta love the follow up
MookieBlaylock
AG
PooDoo said:

Gotta love the follow up

Man he did leave that open
Which one is the rookie?
PooDoo
AG
Gotta follow your blockers
PooDoo
AG
Anyone remember when Aikaman and Irvin played against each other?

MookieBlaylock
AG
Is it time for the season thread?
jr15aggie
AG
Watching the 92 NFC championship game via YouTube. A couple of things I noticed... one, the 90s were wild! Those commercials, what a trip. Two, I was blown away that Darell Johnston was only in his 4th year in that game. In my memory he was a grizzly vet during those years... but not such, he was a young guy in his prime.

Honorable mention is John Madden and his "boom" comments. Him and Summeral, what a team.

PS: Irvin was just a beast. Ball in the air... ball was his. Such tough/contested catches.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.