********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,407 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fatherof4 said:

Really????

If you are asking about the vertical and bench, no, I am not kidding. He's also near the very bottom percentile on most other metrics too. Speed is okay at 4.46, but his agility sucks which isn't a surprise at 6'4"
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
well **** me

/norm
Ol Jock 99
AG
Bob is trying so hard to be positive and is failing.
jr15aggie
AG
Hey, Dane Brugler had him as his 32 ranked player!

Oh wait, no, I meant 32nd ranked CB
tk for tu juan
Got the extra 3rd round pick, and decided to play with house money
Spaceship
AG
ESPN has him ranked 272 overall and the draft only has 259 total picks.
EastSideAg2002
Fore Left! said:

Surely this is a mistake and there is a Nashawn Rite that is a safety and not this guy who was projected as a last round or UFA
Do they send their picks in via smartphone? Maybe it was a fat finger autocorrect.
powerbelly
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

Fore Left! said:

Surely this is a mistake and there is a Nashawn Rite that is a safety and not this guy who was projected as a last round or UFA
Do they send their picks in via smartphone? Maybe it was a fat finger autocorrect.
Maybe Spaulding is a Last Chance U fan.
jr15aggie
AG
So much promise coming into day 2. I like some of the players and they will help us. But damn this day did not go as planned.
powerbelly
AG
jr15aggie said:

So much promise coming into day 2. I like some of the players and they will help us. But damn this day did not go as planned.
Other than the last pick I liked today, especially by Cowboys standards.
jr15aggie
AG
I was OK up until the last pick... I'm just pissed now. What in the absolute heck was that.

In general I think they had guys ready to go and they just sat there and let other teams get them instead. Holland in the 2nd really messed up their board I think. They should have made moves and gotten their guys instead of fumbling with their plan b all night long.

That last pick though. Just terrible.
powerbelly
AG
jr15aggie said:

I was OK up until the last pick... I'm just pissed now. What in the absolute heck was that.

In general I think they had guys ready to go and they just sat there and let other teams get them instead. Holland in the 2nd really messed up their board I think. They should have made moves and gotten their guys instead of fumbling with their plan b all night long.

That last pick though. Just terrible.
I actually think they got most of the guys they wanted tonight, especially on the DL. Those guys are too similar to be panic picks.
Ozzy Osbourne
This draft has sucked.

I blame Aaron Rodgers. If it wasn't for his hissy fit, Denver would've drafted a QB, and Dallas would have Surtain.

I also blame Carolina for screwing us out of Horn and Tremble.

Golston and Wright would still be there if we hadn't picked them in round 3.

The Jones family has to go
Ozzy Osbourne
Fore Left! said:

Pretty much solidifies that they should have packaged this pick with something else to move up vs just wiping their butt with it. Did Jerry Jr lock them out of the draft room and make this pick?

Absolutely. Should have used it to move up one or two spots to get Moehrig.
TyHolden
AG
Need to draft starving Marvin Wilson tomorrow...
hph6203
AG
I hope he shuts all of you up.
Rex Racer
AG
hph6203 said:

He can't. Even if he turns out to be a hall of famer, they could have gotten him in the 7th round or free agency.
TyHolden
AG
Rex Racer said:

hph6203 said:

He can't. Even if he turns out to be a hall of famer, they could have gotten him in the 7th round or free agency.
allegedly....
TyHolden
AG
I'd grab Felipe Franks if he's available late as well. He's got as much upside as Mond.
hph6203
AG
Rex Racer said:

hph6203 said:

You'd sound pretty stupid in that scenario.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Don't get the last 2 picks at all....wtf

Grapesoda2525
People seem pretty disappointed about the last pick.
Rex Racer
AG
hph6203 said:

Rex Racer said:

hph6203 said:

You'd sound pretty stupid in that scenario.

Not really. It's about where you can get someone. It would just mean they got extremely lucky.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Osa was a good pick IMO. Gohlston was a slight reach but maybe by a round? was slightly disappointed we didn't take Perkins there but ok. Maybe they knew something....that last pick though?? Wtf. So many better options and a complete waste of that pick. I guess 4 out of 5 ain't bad??
Danny Phantom
Do y'all remember when we picked Travis Frederick & everyone thought Dallas was crazy for picking a "5th round C" in the 1st? Not saying it's going to be a home run pick like that but let's just let it play out.
Carlo4
AG
When a guy is ranked the 260th best player in the draft and goes in the 90s and have another 6 draft picks between then, you failed. Period.

Hope we got the next prime time, but right now, any of us could have waited and found him later.
Danny Phantom
Maybe, but it seems they didn't feel comfortable gambling on him being there in the 4th. I'm sure other teams & scouts who have watched all his games closely had him ranked higher than 260. I'll wait to see him with my own eyes before I judge the pick.

Here's a good article from February discussing the player:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/.amp/news/interview-with-oregon-state-cornerback-nahshon-wright?__twitter_impression=true
mbl12
AG
I think we put way too much stock into what Mel Kiper has to say. If that CB is a guy that they really had a third round grade on and they felt he wasn't going to be there in the 4th then I'm okay with the pick
Macarthur
That's a good piece. I think this is the type of thing many thought you would see as an effect of COVID. Fewer games played, not as many personal workouts, etc.

One thing you can say about Quinn is he values length. Go look at all three third round picks and they all have huge wingspans. On the DL, that helps keep OL off the LBers and for DBs, it helps cut off those passing lanes. You can clearly see Quinn's influence here.
birdman
Carlo4 said:

When a guy is ranked the 260th best player in the draft and goes in the 90s and have another 6 draft picks between then, you failed. Period.

Hope we got the next prime time, but right now, any of us could have waited and found him later.
Let's see how he plays. The Cowboys probably could have drafted Larry Allen two rounds later. If he is your guy, pick him.
Grapesoda2525
Danny Phantom said:

Do y'all remember when we picked Travis Frederick & everyone thought Dallas was crazy for picking a "5th round C" in the 1st? Not saying it's going to be a home run pick like that but let's just let it play out.
I wouldn't call Frederick a home run pick after how short his career was.
Ag Natural
AG
Its the ultimate delusion to think you know exactly how good each player will be AND what all 32 teams considered his value in the draft.

Why complain so much when you literally have no clue ?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah I don't know anything about the guy. They said Quinn liked him due to his height and playmaking so probably was his call.
Unemployed
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Danny Phantom said:

I wouldn't call Frederick a home run pick after how short his career was.
5x Pro Bowl
1x First team All-Pro
2x Second team All-Pro

Even though his career was cut short by injury, I'd think most people would say he was a home run pick.
Trucker 96
Frederick was a guy with a late 2nd or 3rd projection and went with one of the last picks of the 1st. So went about 1 to 1.5 rounds early to many. That's a lot different than a guy taken in the 3rd who is pretty widely seen as the 35th-40th CB and a UFA

Frederick was a home run pick that ended up suffering a career ending injury while rounding 2nd on his home run trot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.