********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,442 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag Natural said:

Its the ultimate delusion to think you know exactly how good each player will be AND what all 32 teams considered his value in the draft.

Why complain so much when you literally have no clue ?

Then what is the point of any draft coverage, mock drafts, etc. Or talking football at all. I always find this argument laughable. No one can ever criticize anything any team does if you really apply it
hph6203
AG
Entertainment.
Trucker 96
hph6203 said:

Entertainment.

Right, which is why it is okay to have an opinion.
ChemAg15
AG
After the draft and UFA signings I would love to see how all the teams graded these players individually. We could compare that to what Mel Kiper and Todd McShea think. We could put an average rating on players and analyze who was a reach vs who was good value. Obviously teams have different needs and all teams wouldn't analyze all players but it would be interesting.
Danny Phantom
Lots of talent available for day 3. Lets go find a gem today!
jteagle
AG
This year I have had more time and looked a lot of mock drafts. My conclusion is that most "experts" have no clue really. One mock has a player being taken at the beginning of the second round and another has that player in the 4th. It's all a crap shoot and even first round sure thing players bust all the time. Nobody knows, so I guess if you get off by being bitter about the draft go for it. I got better things to do.
Rex Racer
AG
Like the Cox pick.
Danny Phantom
GREAT value there getting Jabril Cox. Best Player available & now LVE & Smith better come in ready to compete because their jobs aren't safe, rightfully so.
powerbelly
AG
Like this pick a lot. Very versatile linebacker.
powerbelly
AG
Bobby Brown the the Rams.
Grapesoda2525
I like the Cox pick. That bull**** about Jaylon smith spending all off season working on his business, never practicing, while receiving a huge check from the cowboys won't happen again.

I liked smith his first year, but he's been bad since then.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
powerbelly said:

Bobby Brown the the Rams.

great spot for him to learn.
Vince Blake
I found this funny and true!
Danny Phantom
Dan Moore to the Steelers. Great pick by them & I bet he'll start early on for them
powerbelly
AG
Danny Phantom said:

Dan Moore to the Steelers. Great pick by them & I bet he'll start early on for them
Good spot for him.
Danny Phantom
Josh Ball, OT from Marshall

On field: good
Off field: concerning

Cowboys aren't drafting Boy Scouts anymore that's for sure
Grapesoda2525
Danny Phantom said:

Josh Ball, OT from Marshall

On field: good
Off field: concerning

Cowboys aren't drafting Boy Scouts anymore that's for sure
I didn't care for the preppy Garrett family friendly approach anyway.
tk for tu juan
Josh Ball transferred from FSU after slapping and injuring his girlfriend, and pushing her because she didn't answer a text fast enough
jteagle
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Josh Ball transferred from FSU after slapping and injuring his girlfriend, and pushing her because she didn't answer a text fast enough

Let's hope he has grown up and learned from his mistakes.
jteagle
AG
Danny Phantom said:

And now Buddy too. Pittsburgh is a good organization. Good place to be for a rookie.
tk for tu juan
Or at least uses that anger to slap around the opponent DL
Kellso
Ozzy Osbourne said:

This draft has sucked.

I blame Aaron Rodgers. If it wasn't for his hissy fit, Denver would've drafted a QB, and Dallas would have Surtain.

I also blame Carolina for screwing us out of Horn and Tremble.

Golston and Wright would still be there if we hadn't picked them in round 3.

The Jones family has to go
You are nuts.

The Cowboys have drafted three new starters on the defensive side of the ball. Parsons will be the most talented linebacker the Cowboys have had in years.
Kellso
Danny Phantom said:

Do y'all remember when we picked Travis Frederick & everyone thought Dallas was crazy for picking a "5th round C" in the 1st? Not saying it's going to be a home run pick like that but let's just let it play out.
I clearly remember all the hand wringing over the Travis Frederick pick, and I immediately became a fan of his without knowing anything about his talent, or what type of player he would become.

All I knew was that the Cowboys had a serious problem with their offensive line that needed to be fixed.
Travis Frederick was an impact player from day 1 for Dallas.

The Cowboys needed a player to replicate Byron Jones ability to cover tight ends.
Hopefully this guy from Oregon St can be that player.
Kellso
Grapesoda2525 said:

Danny Phantom said:

Do y'all remember when we picked Travis Frederick & everyone thought Dallas was crazy for picking a "5th round C" in the 1st? Not saying it's going to be a home run pick like that but let's just let it play out.
I wouldn't call Frederick a home run pick after how short his career was.
Pretty stupid comment.
If you draft a player that becomes multiple times All pro...then it was a home run pick.
Especially when this player helps you have the leagues leading rusher in 2014, 2016 and 2018.

The average NFL career is only like 3 or 4 years.
Kellso
Fore Left! said:

Ag Natural said:

Its the ultimate delusion to think you know exactly how good each player will be AND what all 32 teams considered his value in the draft.

Why complain so much when you literally have no clue ?

Then what is the point of any draft coverage, mock drafts, etc. Or talking football at all. I always find this argument laughable. No one can ever criticize anything any team does if you really apply it
Because none of you really know what you are talking about......myself included.

None of us have any idea how good or bad these players will turn out.

I laugh at people that have never been employed by the NFL that act like they are such experts about college football and the NFL.
Trucker 96
Newsflash but a lot of these guys are meatheads that started their career with the right people network. I laugh at people that put them up on a pedestal
Kellso
Fore Left! said:

Newsflash but a lot of these guys are meatheads that started their career with the right people network. I laugh at people that put them up on a pedestal
okay...

I'm surprised you aren't in one of those NFL war rooms being that you are such an expert on drafting strategy and who the correct pick in which round is.
jr15aggie
AG
I need Washington from TCU next pick. Cmon Cowboys, we need a cover free safety that can get the ball! Don't hate on the little people. Draft him and he'll start for us soon!
Danny Phantom
I wonder what an Oklahoma drill between him & zeke would look like lol
PooDoo
AG
It looks like Jerry took the draft from McClay and handed it over to a couple of disposable coaches.

This ship has no rudder.
jr15aggie
AG
Danny Phantom said:

I wonder what an Oklahoma drill between him & zeke would look like lol

Probably look better than Zeke vs Kazee with a lame achilles!
Danny Phantom
I thought about that right after I hit send
jr15aggie
AG
Danny Phantom said:

I thought about that right after I hit send

Lol. Love u bro, but I win that round!
jteagle
AG
One interesting thing about this past season that plays into the uncertainty of this draft is that there are always players that have huge senior seasons that vault their draft projection way up. It happened to Joe Burrow last year and it happened to Zacik Wilson this year. However, so many players either didn't get a senior season or their season was so short that they didn't really get a chance to show their improvement. NFL execs are probably taking chances on more players this year because they may see a high ceiling and the potential for that breakout year that they weren't able to have in their last college season.

Just a thought.
jr15aggie
AG
And it's very much valid. I've heard stories of guys that, had they sat out, would have been drafted 2 rounds higher. Defintely a crazy year and harder than ever to get a real evaluation outside the top 30-40 players.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.