********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,419 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dalton blows.
TyHolden
AG
We'll pick up Mond at #10.
Danny Phantom
MaximusDMeridius said:

We might have to trade up for him
Trucker 96
I don't understand why NE passed on a chance at Fitzmagic to resign Cam.
TyHolden
AG
Danny Phantom said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

We might have to trade up for him
lol - statement pick. lol - I love mond but if he goes before mid 3rd, that's crazy.
jr15aggie
AG
As much as guys like Chido are a pass, it still stings watching our defense get worse every time a guy like him leaves. No idea what the Cowboys plan on doing (outside of the draft) to fill the holes.

It appears they will once again sit still and wait for the bargains. I could be wrong, but it feels like those guys only work out 30% of the time.
jr15aggie
AG
Looks like we'll bring back Ced Wilson and Noah Brown. Nothing exciting, but at least it's one spot we should be able to completely ignore come draft week.

Antwaun Woods also likely back. Solid player and I'd rather have him back than some other teams free agent. Gonna be crucial that Hill & Gallimore keep progressing... they both showed some good things last year.

On the losing front, looks like Joe Thomas is out which hurts an already unstable LB group. We better find a couple in the draft that can play or we might be hella screwed at LB next year. As it is right now we are another LVE injury away from picking up guys off the street.
Macarthur
I keep reading that there's going to be more vets that are cap casualties in the next few weeks. Hopefully, there will be some quality there.
Rex Racer
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

Johnny is available!
gigem1223
Macarthur said:

I keep reading that there's going to be more vets that are cap casualties in the next few weeks. Hopefully, there will be some quality there.

Read earlier that Kyle Fuller could come available today
PooDoo
AG
His twitter feed sounds like he won't have a problem leaving for a better deal.

jr15aggie
AG
In other news, Cowboys have officially cut Chris Jones. Dear Lord.... what took so long!!!!
gigem1223
Jordan Lewis resigned. Hopefully Quinn can get the best out of him
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

Jordan Lewis resigned. Hopefully Quinn can get the best out of him

That's awesome. Always liked that guy. He got a bum rap coming into the draft and our coordinators never appreciated him.

Much like Donovan Wilson, the guy is a playmaker and we need lots of them. You can forgive the errors when he makes the other team pay from time to time.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

In other news, Cowboys have officially cut Chris Jones. Dear Lord.... what took so long!!!!
Should've happened 3-4 years ago.
jr15aggie
AG
Following up... Chido got a 3 year 21 mil deal with Cincy. Dallas got Lewis for 3 years 16 mil.

Dallas wins this round big time IMO. Best of luck to Chido, but we got the guy we preferred for less. Big win for our team with limited cap.
TyHolden
AG
DeShaun Watson had several sexual assault lawsuits filed against him today by IG model masseuses...good thing we didn't trade Dak and 5 first round picks for him. Probably winds up in New England where IG model masseuses live in locker room.
gigem1223
So likely we sign 1, maybe 2 impact free agents. Who are your top 3 you'd like to see in Dallas? I'll start.

1. Anthony Harris
2. Desmond King
3. KJ Wright
Danny Phantom
Anybody want a 6'5 345 pound G that runs a 4.85? His name is Ben Cleveland & here's what he looks like.

Edit: didn't mean to be a reply but to answer, the 3 I want are 1. Neal 2. Basham 3. kJ Wright
jr15aggie
AG
We really don't have much cap space if you consider the amount they have to reserve for the draft (which will be around 10 mil I think).

With the salary cap down this year and figuring to rise back up next year, are there any rules against signing guys to a 2 year deal and back-loading most of it into next year? For example, give a guy a 2 year / 10 million deal. Guarantee 5 mil of it, give them a 2 mil signing bonus, but their 2020 base salary is the vet minimum. In that scenario we could get a decent player but their cap hit this year would only be around 2 million.

Seems like a reasonable risk/reward for both parties. Worst case scenario if he doesn't pan out, the player gets 5 mil just for showing up and the Cowboys only have 3-4 mil in dead cap next year. Best case scenario, we get a solid starter for 2 years and he will be a free agent again in 2023 when they predict the new TV contract will really inflate the cap.
jr15aggie
AG
Can we give it up for our boy LP Ladouceur. Dude was just sitting around in California and was told to drive into camp cause Parcells was fed up with our deep snappers.

14 years later he's 40 years old and has made ~ 15 million being one of the most consistent deep snappers in the game. Bravo to you sir, bravo. Enjoy doing whatever the heck you feel like for 2nd half of your life!
TyHolden
AG
no matter what happens in draft, we are not the Texans. The three big sports organizations have taken a huge hit over the last couple years in the tine. I'm glad I don't really care about pro baseball / basketball much.

no idea what buzzbee's motive is here....trash watson's name so he has to stay? trash it so he's worth less? or just being a high-profile lawyer and doing his job.

Danny Phantom
Cowboys signed DT Brent Urban from Chicago. 6'7 300 pounds & had a 85.3 run D grade & a 56.8 vs pass according to pff. 1 year deal
Macarthur
Danny Phantom said:

Cowboys signed DT Brent Urban from Chicago. 6'7 300 pounds & had a 85.3 run D grade & a 56.8 vs pass according to pff. 1 year deal

Good move. We've wanted a run stuffing DT here for a long time....this guy fits that bill.
Danny Phantom
We just signed Tarell Basham, DE from Ohio Univeristy. 2 year deal worth 6M for a 6'4 265 lb DE with 34 1/4 arms who's a solid athlete. He had 3.5 sacks last season & seems like he's about to hit his prime at 27 years old. I like this signing for our budget.
PooDoo
AG
Anyone want to put an O/U on the amount of games Watson is suspended for?

jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

Anyone want to put an O/U on the amount of games Watson is suspended for?

If his name started with a Z (Ez) and there was a Star on his helmet I'd start at 6 games.
PooDoo
AG
Isn't this a high % of forced fumbles?
Danny Phantom
Nvm
jr15aggie
AG
Nvm after Danny's Nvm
gigem1223
Danny Phantom

Edit: didn't mean to be a reply but to answer, the 3 I want are 1. Neal 2. Basham 3. kJ Wright [/quote said:

Well you got 1. Haven't watched anything on Basham but from what I read sounds like a good signing.
Macarthur
Bears have released Fuller. Let's go!
Danny Phantom
Geno Atkins released by the bengals

Also demontae Kazee is visiting us soon. I think he'd be a great signing
Macarthur
Boom. And here is the info JJ had that shows this Dak signing is a good one.

Will be interesting to see what these next few QB deals look like....
Danny Phantom
Diamond in the rough?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.