********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,425 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Going from Alabama to New England?

That kid is blessed.

Rofl. You aren't wrong. Unreal.
Danny Phantom
RealTalk said:

Head Ninja In Charge said:

Not 100% sure he's even talking about on the field. LMAO.
Just gotta make sure Parsons always wear his cup.
awrollins
I think Parsons might have been the pick even if Surtain was still there. The fact that Smith wasn't gone before 10 gave us the confidence to trade back.
jr15aggie
AG
Which of you are with me in the new Micah Pasrons Dallas Legend fan club!??

The guys pro day was out of this world. We got him plus, just because we felt like it, we took Phillys 3rd rounder too.

Let's Go Cowboys!
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

Which of you are with me in the new Micah Pasrons Dallas Legend fan club!??

The guys pro day was out of this world. We got him plus, just because we felt like it, we took Phillys 3rd rounder too.

Let's Go Cowboys!
He was definitely a beast in college as well, which I think I put more stock in than a pro day. (though its never bad to have a great pro day)
gigem1223
Let's hope Farley and Moehrig slip to back end
fatherof4
Not that it matters, but with all that speed, Parsons had 6.5 sacks in 26 games. Seems a bit mediocre too me. But, what do I know.
Ag Natural
AG
I was saying all along my two faves were Pitts and Parsons. I didn't like those corners at 10. Love this pick.
Trucker 96
So now we have a vibrating gimp, busted neck, and hazy rioty LB. Quite a trio. I like the pick if he can stay off Goodell's radar
Danny Phantom
44 + 75 will get us around 28 in the draft. I'd be willing to do that if a CB or Moherig slips
Danny Phantom
MLB's don't get many sacks. If you watch him play he is a hell of a blitzer but you can only get so many sacks when your only sack opportunities are on blitzes
jr15aggie
AG
Danny Phantom said:

44 + 75 will get us around 28 in the draft. I'd be willing to do that if a CB or Moherig slips

Honestly, if that's true, I have no problem. With that.

As a hypothetical, I friggin love Parsons and Farley instead of Surtain and whatever we took in 2nd round. It's not a terrible idea
gigem1223
Parsons + Farley would be a home run draft
Macarthur
fatherof4 said:

Not that it matters, but with all that speed, Parsons had 6.5 sacks in 26 games. Seems a bit mediocre too me. But, what do I know.
He's a LBer. That's a great number for a LBer.

And let's not forget they have Neal as a SS/LBer hybrid that will be the coverage guy in nickel. LVE and Neal taking TEs and RBs and parsons can fly downhill and be a disruptor
Danny Phantom
Gotta make sure his back is good though. That's a risky pick & perhaps they like Newsome's medicals a little more.
Trucker 96
Please no on Farley. That back history is really, really concerning. Backs are never good again.
TyHolden
AG
don't move up. we have enough holes.
Macarthur
Another reason I'm good w this is Quinn. You know he has to be on board w this. He had dawgs in Seattle...can't help but think this guy can give them playmaking ability.
jr15aggie
AG
NY pick... Tony... not scared... at all
TyHolden
AG
G-men with 2nd round pick....no reason to wait
Danny Phantom
I will say, Micah Parsons does seem to be smart & well spoken. Off field issues might of been more of being young & dumb than something of actual concern
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Fore Left! said:

Please no on Farley. That back history is really, really concerning. Backs are never good again.

From what I read it's not a back injury "history". Basically a workout injury that he finally got fixed and should be 100%. Still, it's still a back injury
Macarthur
Farley and Moehrig both falling.

Also, how far will Barmore fall?
jr15aggie
AG
Fore Left! said:

Hey, you aren't wrong, but (I think) he's gonna fall into our range. It might happen
TyHolden
AG
our next pick will probably be asante samuel or the cb from georgia. farley ain't falling that far and we shouldn't give up picks to get him.
Trucker 96
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Fore Left! said:

From what I read it's not a back injury "history". Basically a workout injury that he finally got fixed and should be 100%. Still, it's still a back injury

That's not how disk injuries work. They never get to 100% once you start removing parts of disks. And that was the most recent back injury. He had another one previously

2 back operations. One torn ACL.
jr15aggie
AG
Don't forget S is a big need also. CB isn't necessarily the next pick. We shall see
Danny Phantom
There goes Farley
TyHolden
AG
jr15aggie said:

Don't forget S is a big need also. CB isn't necessarily the next pick. We shall see
yeah but we signed veteran S Jayron Kearse in March. I don't think we signed a CB so I'd say that's probably next pick. I'd still go best player available regardless. We're not winning it next year.
Danny Phantom
I'd be okay with waiting it out to 44 & then using our 4th round picks to trade up into the 2nd
hph6203
AG
Was that dude sitting alone with a bedazzled shoulder holster?
TyHolden
AG
Danny Phantom said:

There goes Farley
glad we don't have that urge to reach for him
Danny Phantom
Don't forget 2nd year player Robinson will be moving back to CB this year. I loved him coming out of the draft & was puzzled he was moved to S. He might be a diamond in the rough but we do need another CB no doubt
Trucker 96
MaximusDMeridius said:

Danny Phantom said:

There goes Farley
glad we don't have that urge to reach for him

Right. Mr. Glass just retired and it looks like they won't exercise gimp neck's 5th year. Would have been a bad idea. Temptation removed
jr15aggie
AG
Hey, we went from 4 top 100 picks to 5 top 100 picks and we started with Micah Parsons. Remember back after Parsons pro day and this is not a bad spot at all.

So far, great night

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.