********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,555 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

Like it
Best defensive player in the draft. Everyone screamed we gotta get defense and we get the best one at 11 and some still complain.

Weren't there some off the field concerns, or do I have him mixed up with someone else?
AggiesinNC
AG
Who at CB is likely to be available with their next pick?
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

Like it
Best defensive player in the draft. Everyone screamed we gotta get defense and we get the best one at 11 and some still complain.
Too many Jaylon smith fans here, but Jaylon smith hasn't been good the last few years and Vander each has been banged up. We needed to stabilize the linebacker position and this has helped.
PatAg
AG
Ulrich said:

Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

Like it

Weren't there some off the field concerns, or do I have him mixed up with someone else?
There were
Danny Phantom
Do we trade back into the 1st for a CB now?
gigem1223
Been calling for a trade back in for Moehrig for weeks
TheCougarHunter
AG
Dumb.
Danny Phantom
He's got some hazing issues and sexual assault during that hazing. Kinda gey acts but oh well just dont drop the soap around him lol
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

Like it
Too many Jaylon smith fans here, but Jaylon smith hasn't been good the last few years and Vander each has been banged up. We needed to stabilize the linebacker position and this has helped.
We basically whiffed on both of those guys, at least LVE we don't HAVE to be committed too anymore.
Once we couldn't draft either of those CBs, we weren't going to get a 'sexy' pick. I would have been ok with the Northwestern OL. There werent any first round worthy DL.

If this guy works out into being one of our starting LBers in year 2 that would be nice, and we can let one of the other LB's drop.

Let's see if we can combine our 2nd with one of our 3rds to move back into the 1st maybe?
TyHolden
AG
yeah, 4.39 sounds great. we got something extra trading back. not bad first round.
PatAg
AG
Danny Phantom said:

I could be wrong, but I dont know that any of the others were 1st round worthy.
Unemployed
AG
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

Like it
We basically whiffed on both of those guys, at least LVE we don't HAVE to be committed too anymore.
Once we couldn't draft either of those CBs, we weren't going to get a 'sexy' pick. I would have been ok with the Northwestern OL. There werent any first round worthy DL.

If this guy works out into being one of our starting LBers in year 2 that would be nice, and we can let one of the other LB's drop.

Let's see if we can combine our 2nd with one of our 3rds to move back into the 1st maybe?
He'd better be starting in year 1.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
AggiesinNC said:

Who at CB is likely to be available with their next pick?

Newsome probably won't be there and neither will Asante Samuel. Farley will almost definitely be gone. Both UGa corners should be there though. Melifonwu from Syracuse tested off the charts and should be there. Couple others I'm missing. Still some talent for sure. Curious how far Farley drops
PooDoo
AG
Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

Like it

Too many questions... Off field, locker room, and pass coverage questions.
TyHolden
AG
PatAg said:

Danny Phantom said:

I could be wrong, but I dont know that any of the others were 1st round worthy.
farley is still questionable. a lot of mocks have him going 1st. i'd rather hold on to picks.

edit: need to quit drinking
Danny Phantom
Newsome & Farley. Both are 1st round talents but injuries are a concern. I also like Campbell & Adebo but that's more 2nd round
jr15aggie
AG
Farley is a real possibility. Dallas with another 2nd round injury special.

Plenty of FS options also. Let's see how it goes
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Grapesoda2525
PooDoo said:

Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

Like it

Last time we worried about off the field issues who was it we passed up on? Oh yeah..... Randy moss.

That was a huge mistake.
TyHolden
AG
Jets taking Jones to **** with Pats
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
jr15aggie said:

No way he drops that far. Would need to trade up to get him I would think. If he somehow slid that far I would be ecstatic
Unemployed
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Zeke gotta make it past the line of scrimmage first.
TyHolden
AG

don't worry, you'll probably be splitting carries this year and gone next.
Macarthur
PooDoo said:

Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

Like it

Yes, there are some questions which is why he's available at 11, but he's still the best defensive player in the draft and he is immediately the best athlete on this team. His closing speed is insane. And he's not going to be asked to cover a lot. He's a downhill player. Don't forget LVE can cover. He and LVE in nickel could be something. He's also a fantastic blitzer.
jr15aggie
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

jr15aggie said:

No way he drops that far. Would need to trade up to get him I would think. If he somehow slid that far I would be ecstatic

Oh you say that... just wait
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Not 100% sure he's even talking about on the field. LMAO.
PatAg
AG
I will DEFINITELY trade off the field concerns for an already flawed body (lve and smith)
fatherof4
Parsons is NO Randy Moss though.
PooDoo
AG
Macarthur said:

PooDoo said:

Macarthur said:

BMX Bandit said:

Like it

Yes, there are some questions which is why he's available at 11, but he's still the best defensive player in the draft and he is immediately the best athlete on this team. His closing speed is insane. And he's not going to be asked to cover a lot. He's a downhill player. Don't forget LVE can cover. He and LVE in nickel could be something. He's also a fantastic blitzer.

6.5 career sacks
Macarthur
fatherof4 said:

As far as athleticism, I'm not sure you are right. I don't think some of you realize what kind of freak Dallas just added to their defense.
Macarthur
Grapesoda2525
fatherof4 said:

Still best defensive player in draft.
PatAg
AG
Mac Jones to the patriots seems like a perfect match
Unemployed
AG

Not 100% sure he's even talking about on the field. LMAO.
Just gotta make sure Parsons always wear his cup.
Grapesoda2525
Going from Alabama to New England?

That kid is blessed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.