********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

107,819 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's get this started.

I found this tweet interesting as Pitts has been talked about by some at 10.

MookieBlaylock
AG
Kelley Winslow Jr
Whats he up to these days?
Southlake
Defense please. Surtain #1
PooDoo
AG
Unless its OL or QB, I don't see offense being drafted in the first 2 rounds.
PooDoo
AG
https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets

Jeremiah has Sewell dropping to the Cowboys.

gigem1223
That mock has Dallas taking Surtain and Sewell going #8 to Carolina.?
Blackstreet
AG
Not necessarily related to draft...get Stafford.
TyHolden
AG
Blackstreet said:

Not necessarily related to draft...get Stafford.
sure, why not. Bring him home. Let's draft Mond in the 5th while we're at it.
PooDoo
AG
gigem1223 said:

They must've edited it... it had the Falcons taking something besides a QB. Surtain went really high, cant remember where.
Grapesoda2525
Get surtain and if he's not available at 10 then we need to trade down.
Old Tom Morris
Interesting how weak this draft looks at DT. So it's pretty much DB or OT in the 1st. But they've got to find a lot of DT help between FA and day 2-3. They graded out to have one top 100 DT this year, and he was around #80. So most teams had 3 DT's that were better than Dallas' best DT. Think about that.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Interesting how weak this draft looks at DT. So it's pretty much DB or OT in the 1st. But they've got to find a lot of DT help between FA and day 2-3. They graded out to have one top 100 DT this year, and he was around #80. So most teams had 3 DT's that were better than Dallas' best DT. Think about that.

Gallimore appears to be a beast at DT. Trysten Hill was doing pretty well for himself until the injury. Might get McCoy back. I don't see any DTs in this draft being better than these guys.
Macarthur
Old Tom Morris said:

I think barmore is a rising player and I would have no issue w taking him at 10.
Unemployed
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Kelley Winslow Jr
Whats he up to these days?
Better hide yo grandma.
MooreTrucker
AG
Jeremiah's 1.0 is running on the bottom line of the NFL Network right this moment and has Surtain going to DAL at #10.
Danny Phantom
I want Caleb Farley at #10. 6'2 CB that runs a 4.3 with plus ball skills. He's not as polished as Surtain but he has a higher ceiling than him, IMO.
Danny Phantom
Also Jaycee Horn isn't getting near enough consideration for #10. You could make an argument he's the best of the three. If 2 or 3 of them are there for us to pick, trading back would be ideal. Netting an extra 3rd round pick would give us a plethora of options on day 2 of the draft.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, DT and safety are poor this year (in terms of top 50 draft prospects). Hopefully we can do very well at CB/DE/LB with our first 2 picks.

If we can hit big with defenders in this draft we can very easily be right back in the thick of things... I think Dan Quinn alone will elevate the play of our D over last year.
Danny Phantom
Miami needs a WR and so do the Giants at 11. Good chance one of waddle, chase & smith are there at 10.

DAL 10th pick = 1300

MIA 18th (900) + 50th (500) = 1300

Use 18th for Horn and now we have 4 picks on day 2. The 44th, 50th, 75th & ~98th.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Yeah, DT and safety are poor this year (in terms of top 50 draft prospects). Hopefully we can do very well at CB/DE/LB with our first 2 picks.

If we can hit big with defenders in this draft we can very easily be right back in the thick of things... I think Dan Quinn alone will elevate the play of our D over last year.

Yes, DT is not strong, at all, but I still think Barmore is a rising star.
PooDoo
AG
PooDoo said:

gigem1223 said:

They must've edited it... it had the Falcons taking something besides a QB. Surtain went really high, cant remember where.

They edited the mock after the news about Stafford leaving Detroit broke.
Danny Phantom
Ifeatu Melifonwu looks like a great option in the 2nd at CB if we decide to go elsewhere in the 1st. Extremely physical 6'3 CB who might not make it to 44 if he balls out at the Senior Bowl. He would be a great fit for Dan Quinn's defense & I bet he tests like a freak athlete like his older brother Obi
mountaindew
AG
Kellso
If either of those offensive lineman are available (Oregon, Northwestern) I would take them.

I think you can build out a decent defense with your 2nd-6th round picks. It seems like the two cornerbacks and the Penn St linebacker are the only defensive players with a true top 10 grade that will be available at the #10 pick.

If those guys are not available I think you have to go BPA with the thought that you can get a similarly talented player in the 2nd and 3rd round.

In terms of the offensive line you have too look for Tyron Smith's potential replacement. If either of the two lineman are talented enough to immediately play guard, and potentially make Connor Williams a backup I think you pull the trigger.
Kellso
Old Tom Morris said:

The Cowboys really need to draft a clone of Russell Maryland.

Maryland wasn't spectacular (for being a #1 pick) but he was a very effective interior defensive lineman. His presence was one of the reasons those early 90's Dallas teams were so good at stopping the run.

Jay Ratliff was the last above average defensive tackle the Cowboys have had...and that was over 10 years ago.
Southlake
I'd be good with Barmore. Dude looks like he's 30
PooDoo
AG
Think we could get Leonard Williams away from the Giants for less the $20/yr?
Danny Phantom
This D3 G/C Quinn Meinerz from Wisconsin has had a GameStop-like jump in his draft stock. If you haven't seen some of his highlights I'd suggest searching them on Twitter. He's been absolutely dominating.
TyHolden
AG
Danny Phantom said:

This D3 G/C Quinn Meinerz from Wisconsin has had a GameStop-like jump in his draft stock. If you haven't seen some of his highlights I'd suggest searching them on Twitter. He's been absolutely dominating.

Is that the Shaman?
PooDoo
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CKicrhrBdKo
Danny Phantom
We could use a shaman on this team lol
Southlake
Get in my belly!!
jr15aggie
AG
Just wanted to say (and apologies to any Houston fans, but this is the Cowboys thread) you can say what you want about Jerry...

But I've never seen an NFL cluster **** anything like the Texans who traded away a crap ton of draft capital to get Watson... then traded away a crap ton of draft capital for an OT to protect him... and now that QB requests a trade.

They are so screwed!
fatherof4
If Mac Jones is there at #10, take him.
Macarthur
fatherof4 said:

If Mac Jones is there at #10, take him.
Why would you do this if you already have a top 10 QB in the league?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.