********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,533 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

jr15aggie said:

Yeah man, lots of top talent still on the board. Not necessarily who we'll get at 44, but I think we'll be surprised who's there for us.

I'll just say it... Moehrig, right now, is not out of the equation.
and that's why you don't waste top 100 picks unless you know for sure. we're not 2-3 players from the SB.
Sure they are just need Zeke to lose 20 lbs
i give zeke 1-2 seasons with the boys and i'd never waste a first round pick on an rb again. it's not the 90s anymore.
jr15aggie
AG
There is a crap ton of talent that we need going into 44. Lots of guys that we even discussed trading back it the 1st for.

JOK, Moehrig, Barmore still available. Not to mention plenty of CBS. Wow, looking forward to day 2
Danny Phantom
All I know is there is a LOT of talent left on the board. I feel good having 3 3rd rounders & 2 4th rounders. We should be wheeling & dealing on day 2 to fill our needs. Day 1 didn't go as planned but no reason to cry about it. Parsons is a hell of a player
jr15aggie
AG
I still cannot believe we got wiped out at CB at 10.

I also can't belive, after the above, we fleeced Philly for a 3rd after it was known we got wiped out.

We still got a premium guy on our board and got a rivals 3rd rounder. No complaints at all. I had a blast tonight. Thanks to you all!
TyHolden
AG
Danny Phantom said:

All I know is there is a LOT of talent left on the board. I feel good having 3 3rd rounders & 2 4th rounders. We should be wheeling & dealing on day 2 to fill our needs. Day 1 didn't go as planned but no reason to cry about it. Parsons is a hell of a player
Name one spot on defense where we don't need help - I can't. Take best player on defense available on your board all day. Trust your system. If it makes sense to move up to get that guy, fine, just don't overpay. Jimmy J invented the system everybody uses now. Use it. Don't fall in love with a player. It's a bizness.
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

I also can't belive, after the above, we fleeced Philly for a 3rd after it was known we got wiped out.

We still got a premium guy on our board and got a rivals 3rd rounder. No complaints at all. I had a blast tonight. Thanks to you all!

Yeah its crazy the Eagles gave a 3rs to move up 2 picks. They must have been 100% sure the Giants would take Smith. So from the Cowboys perspective Smith was going to be in division either way. The trade down is a no brainer.
mbl12
AG
Give me one of Ojulari, Barmore, Moehrig, or Tyson Campbell at 44 and I'm happy
TyHolden
AG
Winning the NFC East is irrelevant if it's the worst division in the league. I want to win Super Bowls again. Not "the worst division" titles.
TyHolden
AG
mbl12 said:

Give me one of Ojulari, Barmore, Moehrig, or Tyson Campbell at 44 and I'm happy
Just don't give me Taco or Marius Claiborne....
Danny Phantom
If we get one of these CB's i'll be happy:

Tyson Campbell
Kelvin Joseph
Paulson Adebo
Ifetu Melifonwu
Ambry Thomas
Robert Rochell

All of them are what we will be looking for with regards to arm length and height. Some are just under what they are looking for but I like the way they play
jr15aggie
AG
One way to look at our pick.... is the rest of the division saying, "ah hell, the Cowboys got Parsons".

I think they are. He's not a sure fire guaranteed home run, but he projects to be a helluva disruptive player.

Compared with the Philly and NY pick, neither bother me next year considering their QB.
jtstanley4621
AG
Getting Parsons plus another pick is a good deal in my eyes. I wanted Horn or Surtain. With them both gone, moving down was the correct move IMO if only two picks. Honestly not super concerned about Smith on the Eagles all things considered.
sealyaggies
If he is still on the board, Asante Samuel Jr with the 2nd round pick.
Vince Blake
In quick order I think you see Moehrig, Ojulari, Samuel, Barmore come off the board. Corner-wise, I think you will see Tyson Campbell, Kelvin Joseph, Ifeatu Melifonwu. Maybe one of these guys at 44? Joseph has the ball production and athleticism but character concerns. Melifonwu has been described as a potential great fit in Quinn's defense, but might need some additional development. Should be an interesting evening.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Danny Phantom said:

If we get one of these CB's i'll be happy:

Tyson Campbell
Kelvin Joseph
Paulson Adebo
Ifetu Melifonwu
Ambry Thomas
Robert Rochell

All of them are what we will be looking for with regards to arm length and height. Some are just under what they are looking for but I like the way they play

Fantastic list. I'm on record for pounding the table for Melifonwu, I think he's a stud, but I'd be happy with anyone on this list, especially the first 4
AG
jr15aggie said:

Never even entertained the possibility until about 48 hrs ago when I noticed several talking heads talking Denver going corner instead of QB. I guess it was the Teddy trade. Disappointing for sure, but all things considered, the rest of the draft broke about as well as you could hope. Getting Phillys 3rd was the coup de gras .
Grapesoda2525
You guys should watch first take today. I only watch that horrid show the day after a cowboys win, but Stephen smith was totally devastated in an interview last night and it was because the cowboys drafted parsons who even he called " the best defensive player in the draft".

Anyone who doesn't like this pick should look at what Tampa bays linebackers just did in the playoffs. I wanted Surtain, but this guy is an amazing plan B.
Grapesoda2525
Grapesoda2525
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621
AG
First Take is absolute garbage and IMO was the catalyst for what sports coverage/debate has become. Steven A is a worthless blowhard
MooreTrucker
AG
his massive "hate Dallas" schtick is beyond annoying. Can't stand him or Bayless. Because of Smith and a couple of others, I haven't watched ESPN in 2-3 years. NFL Network or GTFO.
PooDoo
AG
I was really upset with the Parsons pick after seeing so many Jaylon Smith bad angles.
Now the lack of LB instincts makes sense after hearing he has only played the position for 2 years.

Slater would have solidified the OL and been a great transition after Tyron retires or gets hurt again. Watch his tape vs Chase Young... Dude is going to be a cornerstone for 10 years.
PooDoo
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

You guys should watch first take today. I only watch that horrid show the day after a cowboys win, but Stephen smith was totally devastated in an interview last night and it was because the cowboys drafted parsons who even he called " the best defensive player in the draft".

Anyone who doesn't like this pick should look at what Tampa bays linebackers just did in the playoffs. I wanted Surtain, but this guy is an amazing plan B.

Tampa has great LB's athletic and great instincts... They also have about 700 pounds of monster DT's to let them run clean.
Grapesoda2525
It would seem that parsons is similar to the type of linebackers TB has.
cman1494
AG
If JOK happens to slide to 44 and is the best player available, how would y'all feel about taking him? I see him as more of a box safety. Could be our version of Kam Chancellor though and an interesting chess piece.

Not the biggest need, but this defense isn't rebuilt in one year and I truly think assembling the best group of talent on defense, regardless of position, will pay dividends down the road.
Macarthur
cman1494 said:

If JOK happens to slide to 44 and is the best player available, how would y'all feel about taking him? I see him as more of a box safety. Could be our version of Kam Chancellor though and an interesting chess piece.

Not the biggest need, but this defense isn't rebuilt in one year and I truly think assembling the best group of talent on defense, regardless of position, will pay dividends down the road.

I think they will go CB and pretty early. In fact, they might move up a bit if there is one guy they really like. The CB pool drops off pretty drastically.

as for JOK, we have Neal (only a 1 year deal) so JOK would really not have a position in year one. I haven't read a whole lot on him, but what I have read is that he is a tweener that isn't really great at either...He's not really a LBer and he def can't play deep at S. He's got be a guy that plays around the LOS and blows things up. They've got two guys like that now in Parsons and Neal.
cman1494
AG
I definitely don't disagree with any of that! And as much as I would like some CBs, there might not be the right value there.

I think you gotta draft the best talent on defense and have them all compete. If they draft JOK and he is great in camp, Neal can easily be cut. There also are still some free agent CBs like Hayward and Sherman that could be one year stop gaps to help the defense while we develop some guys for the future.

I just want the most talent and athleticism on defense period. I want this defense to finally look like a modern unit.
jr15aggie
AG
Sounds like Samuel Jr might be a top target. I was under the impression he was just a slot guy, but they say he's an outside CB, he's just on the short side. The guy from Kentucky is a baller, I just don't know what to think when the word is the coaching staff didn't much care for him at LSU or KY.

Stephen Jones specifically mentioned the other day how they are very aware at their inability to address the S position (in the draft) for a long while now. Would not be surprised to see Jevon Hollands name at 44. Quinn made the trip to Oregon's pro day specifically for this kid, I know they really like him.
Danny Phantom
If I had to guess who our next pick is I'd say Holland. I bet Moherig goes in the first couple picks in the 2nd so unless we want to pay a pretty penny for him he will go elsewhere. Tbh I'd rather wait for Holland. I really like his game & I believe he would of went in the 1st had he played last season. If he's gone then we can pick Grant.
AG
Agreed. I mean, if Moerhig is there or you only have to move up a couple picks, then **** yeah. Otherwise, take Holland or Grant at 44. Either I think will be longtime starters in the league. Just hope we can still address CB in the 3rd if that happens
jteagle
AG
SI Mock draft has the following.

#44 DT Onwuzurike
75 S Holland
84 CB Adebo

Would be solid although I don't know much about the DT.
jr15aggie
AG
Stories from last night according to Fisher.... Micah was their #1 rated defender on the board. But, they did at least have conversations about trading up to 6 because they were under the impression the CBs were about to go (which they were right about).

Doesn't mean they are lying about Parsons being #1, but it shows the value they placed on CB as a need for this team. I agree that the value at S could be too good to pass up at 44 and that's my guess, but I also think they are chomping at the bit to fill that CB spot too.
AG
jteagle said:

SI Mock draft has the following.

#44 DT Onwuzurike
75 S Holland
84 CB Adebo

Would be solid although I don't know much about the DT.

Would do backflips if that happens. Don't see Holland dropping that far and I don't know how well Levi fits in Quinns scheme (he's a smaller DT from what I recall), but would feel fantastic if that's how it turned out
Trucker 96
I pick my favorite defensive guy left on the board and package whatever is needed to ensure I get him early on today. Right now is the window to get impact guys, and there is no sense in praying the right guy falls all the way to you when you have so many picks that a number will not be here in September

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.