********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,463 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PooDoo said:

I think getting at big body like Barmore would solve a lot of problems in our DL and LB group. 6'5 310+... just a monster.

I also wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Richard Sherman, if the price is right.
I've been all over Barmore and would take him at 10 and not blink an eye. There are lots of folks that don't like him that much, but I think he's a rising player...he's just a baby and I agree he's going to be a monster.

Danny Phantom
PooDoo said:

You definitely get a Stephon Gilmore vibe when you watch him play.

I love his physicality & he would thrive in Quinn's press heavy scheme.
Danny Phantom
The S pool in free agency is extremely deep so I hope we address that position then. If we can sign 1 of Justin Simmons, Marcus Williams, Marcus maye, John Johnson, Anthony Harris, Malik Hooker, or jaquiski tart that'd be great.

There's way more than that but that's who I want in order & probably how expensive they'll be. All are capable of improving our defense day 1.
Rex Racer
AG
Just did a mock draft, and Waddle fell to Dallas. I had to take him.
Macarthur
Rex Racer said:

It is problematic because there are not much in the way of impact defensive players in the draft.
jr15aggie
AG
Rex Racer said:

This makes sense if the Cowboys can find a buyer willing to give a 2nd or 3rd founder for Gallop before the draft. Really not sure that's even close to realistic though.

But that move... if they could pull it off... makes sense because we won't be able to afford to re-sign him after next year, we'd add much needed draft capital to get more young/cheap talent, and it would open up our draft options to take best player available at #10. If it's a WR then so be it.
PooDoo
AG
If Dak isn't signed by the draft, the Cowboys have to go with Trey Lance if he slides to 10, right?

Even if they eventually sign Dak, Lance is the type of prospect you can make look great in preseason games and trade him for a ton of picks. He'd be a nice plan B.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
PooDoo said:

If Dak isn't signed by the draft, the Cowboys have to go with Trey Lance if he slides to 10, right?

Even if they eventually sign Dak, Lance is the type of prospect you can make look great in preseason games and trade him for a ton of picks. He'd be a nice plan B.

I would think the return you get for him is greater pre/during the draft. To get the kind of return you're thinking, he would have to play a good chunk of the season a la Jimmy Garappolo. And the only way he would play that much is if Dak doesn't sign or he still isn't recovered. In which case they would hold on to him.. I think the only way they actually take Lance is if they fully plan on rebuilding with him
PooDoo
AG
You can probably get a nice haul trading if he drops to 10 but if Dak is not signed long term...he is a very intriguing QB prospect. A solid plan B.
Panama Red
AG
Garrapolo was picked at end of 2nd round. You don't use a 10th overall pick on a player you hope never sees field in regular season and you want to trade down the road.
PooDoo
AG
Who said he wouldn't see the field?

By the draft we'd know if Dak is signed or franchised.

If we have to franchise him we might as well trade him because after this year... He gone.

Watch some film on Lance... He good.
PooDoo
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CLaBMzVB3im
Danny Phantom
D'ante Smith, Brady Christensen BYU & James Hudson from Cincinnati are some good options for round 3. This OT class is absolutely loaded from top to bottom.
cman1494
AG

I was decently happy with this draft. Sewell fell to 10, so I had to grab him of course. Unfortunately the way it fell, no good DT prospects were available at most positions, so with this draft, we would have needed to address the interior DL in FA.
Macarthur
That would be a pretty solid draft
PooDoo
AG
Ronnie Perkins is someone that's usually available rounds 3-5 in the PFF draft sim...
https://instagr.am/p/CLD0O0ZhUpp
https://instagr.am/p/CLD-XmTBp6S
Danny Phantom
The perfect draft doesn't exi...

PooDoo
AG
PooDoo
AG
Sounds like some scouts have Mac Jones moving into the top 10. Panthers staff coached his Senior Bowl team and came away impressed...

That's a good thing.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
PooDoo said:

Sounds like some scouts have Mac Jones moving into the top 10. Panthers staff coached his Senior Bowl team and came away impressed...

That's a good thing.

Which means one or two of other QBs is there at 10 (great trade down potential or great value if they don't think they are signing Dak) or if the other 4 are also taken plus including Jones, then it's almost a guarantee one of Parsons, Sewell are also there, plus any of our assumed targets like Surtain or Farley. Crazy.

It could also mean that that next tiers of QBs might get taken earlier than initially projected. So if JJ and co want to take a mid-late round flier on someone (like a Buechele for example), you might be pulling the trigger a round or more earlier than you thought you would be
PooDoo
AG
Broaddus is really down on Parsons tape.... implied he has motor and off field character issues.
Danny Phantom
I'm not worried about his motor but his maturity is a red flag. He did some crazy hazing & bullying while at penn st & high school. I don't think he'll be able to do that in the NFL but who knows. It's a red flag for sure & that's why I think he'll go mid to late first round but then again he's going to blow up his pro day with a low 4.4 40 so teams might overlook that.
PooDoo
AG
This dude is a monster too... not a top 10 monster but he starts day 1.
Macarthur
I like him a lot too

There's not much talent in this DL draft overall, but I do think there are some quality guys. I think Barmore and McNeil will be very good pros
Danny Phantom
I know 90% of mocks have us picking a CB in the 1st but there's gonna be a lot of talented CBs available for us at 44.

K Joseph
G Newsome
I Melinfonwu
A Samuel
T Campbell
E Molden
A Robinson

jr15aggie
AG
I'm guessing the answer is no if nobody is talking about it... but any word if anything is even close to getting done with Dak?

We are in a spot where they have, realistically, 6 weeks to get something done or we are legitimately in play for a QB come April 29. The silence is starting to become deafening!
PooDoo
AG
The YouTube algorithm was nice enough to tell me to watch this again... so great.

TyHolden
AG
Cowboys vs Falcons on nfl network right now....
TyHolden
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

Cowboys vs Falcons on nfl network right now....
Great win...I thought we were destined for greatness. Now I have no idea where we're going.
cman1494
AG

Got an A- this time. It seems that PFF likes trade backs and I really liked this draft, but I don't think trading back twice in the first round is something this front office would do.
Southlake
Barmore gonna be awesome.

If we don't sign Dak, all this is different
cman1494
AG

Russell Wilson to the Cowboys? Never say never...
MooreTrucker
AG
cman1494 said:

Russell Wilson to the Cowboys? Never say never...
He is a Ranger, after all.....
98Ag99Grad
AG
Dak and a 5th rounder for Wilson. Do it Jerry!
TyHolden
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Dak and a 5th rounder for Wilson. Do it Jerry!
throw in Pete Carroll for McCarthy as well....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.