********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,459 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Danny Phantom said:

Don't forget 2nd year player Robinson will be moving back to CB this year. I loved him coming out of the draft & was puzzled he was moved to S. He might be a diamond in the rough but we do need another CB no doubt
Keep an eye on Brown the CB from OU. I saw where PFF gave him the highest slot grade in this years class of CBs. Since he's a bit smaller, he might be available in the 4th.
Danny Phantom
I really like him too, but idk if we'll be interested after we signed Jourdan Lewis. Good ball player though!
jr15aggie
AG
Part of me is wondering if Holland and guys like Washington from TCU are in play in the 2nd and late 3rd.

Not necessarily CBs... but more of a safety with plenty ability to come down and cover when needed.

In my head we need an outside CB opposite Diggs, but just picking guys that can cover is a plus, if they can also play center field
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Part of me is wondering if Holland and guys like Washington from TCU are in play in the 2nd and late 3rd.

Not necessarily CBs... but more of a safety with plenty ability to come down and cover when needed.

In my head we need an outside CB opposite Diggs, but just picking guys that can cover is a plus, if they can also play center field
At some point, you have to think about coming up and getting Moehrig.
TyHolden
AG
Macarthur said:

jr15aggie said:

i'd wait and use the picks gained. too many holes on defense.
gigem1223
Give me quality over quantity all day. I think Moehrig is a day 1 impact player. All about trading back up to get him.
Macarthur
MaximusDMeridius said:

Macarthur said:

jr15aggie said:

We have 11 picks in this draft. 11 rookies aren't making this 53.
Danny Phantom
The question is, what's the difference between Moherig & Safety2? Is it big enough to trade up for him? Idk I personally would be just as happy with Holland but I do like Moherig. We will see
Danny Phantom
Per Todd archer, the cowboys are about to hold their press conference which means they won't trade up probably
Macarthur
Fair point. Holland and Grant should be there at 44. At least one of them.
hph6203
AG
Chase and Burrows
Waddle and Tua
Smith and Hurts
Etienne and Lawrence

Who's best?
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Macarthur said:

jr15aggie said:

I can't argue... but I wonder if Moehrig is worth it over a pure cover safety like Holland or Grant.

What I know about Moehrig is he takes the ball away, which I like!
Ag Natural
AG
Macarthur said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Macarthur said:

jr15aggie said:

All the research shows that nobody is good at projecting who will be good. So the smartest strategy is to have the most picks. Its boring but true.
TyHolden
AG
we got a new dc. we have no idea what he thinks of our current group. i hope his evaluation is different than the mocksters...
Danny Phantom
I would 100% call the Patriots & see what it would cost for Gilmore. I'd do a 3rd & that might be enough.
fwag04
AG
Chase and Burrows by a mile
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

Macarthur said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Macarthur said:

jr15aggie said:

All the research shows that nobody is good at projecting who will be good. So the smartest strategy is to have the most picks. Its boring but true.
True, but I would love to see Dallas finally address safety with a top pick. Solidifying the D up the middle makes a lot of sense.
Macarthur
Great point. Had forgotten about that.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm fully expecting S in round 2. I don't see a CB with value at 44. I think a pure cover S is what the Dr ordered.

Holland makes a ton of sense. Quinn personally visited his pro day too.
jr15aggie
AG
Jerry and Stephen both just said... at the same time... that yes, Parsons was rated higher (on their board) than both the CBs.

Maybe BS, but interesting.
Danny Phantom
I believe it but I think we would of picked Horn or Surtain had they been available. Then they'd say he was higher on the board lol
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

I'm fully expecting S in round 2. I don't see a CB with value at 44. I think a pure cover S is what the Dr ordered.

Holland makes a ton of sense. Quinn personally visited his pro day too.
The guys on the ticket were just talking about how safety's tend to slide. I think they go CB at 44 if they don't move up for a guy they really like.
jr15aggie
AG
Looking at the draft unfold... I'm seeing projected 3rd round players going in the 1st. I'm happy to get an elite talent plus another top 100 pick. Would have been equally as happy with a top CB.

But given how the end of the first is playing out, I feel really good about day 2. I really like having another dart to throw in the top 100. If we can hit strong on 3 defensive players it's a win.

Great night for us.
Ag Natural
AG
Parsons is a better pure talent. We can get a good corner in the 2nd or 3rd. These CBs were not Deion or Champ Bailey level talents.
TyHolden
AG
and there you go. CB just taken was rated way below his teammate from GA but here we are. He's going in the first and teammate mocked well ahead of him is not. the #12 guy on ESPN is still out there (as well as #17 guy from TCU).
Macarthur
I also think JOK from ND is interesting. He's a tweener. Is he a LBer or SS?
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Macarthur said:

I also think JOK from ND is interesting. He's a tweener. Is he a LBer or SS?

Had we not just taken Parsons I would be all about it. As it stands now, I think we go Holland or one of the corners like Campbell or Melifonwu
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah man, lots of top talent still on the board. Not necessarily who we'll get at 44, but I think we'll be surprised who's there for us.

I'll just say it... Moehrig, right now, is not out of the equation.
Danny Phantom
Barmore, Moherig, Holland, Campbell, Joseph, Oweh, ojulari, Tryon, grant, melinfelow, bpa OL.

Plenty of options & it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold right until 44
TyHolden
AG
jr15aggie said:

Yeah man, lots of top talent still on the board. Not necessarily who we'll get at 44, but I think we'll be surprised who's there for us.

and that's why you don't waste top 100 picks unless you know for sure. we're not 2-3 players from the SB.
jr15aggie
AG
Danny Phantom said:

Barmore, Moherig, Holland, Campbell, Joseph, Oweh, ojulari, Tryon, grant, melinfelow, bpa OL.

Agreed all the way. Safety, DT, edge... tons of talent going into round 2. I think we'll do well with bpa in round 2 and going into round 3 with 3 picks. This is going good so far.
MookieBlaylock
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

jr15aggie said:

and that's why you don't waste top 100 picks unless you know for sure. we're not 2-3 players from the SB.

Sure they are just need Zeke to lose 20 lbs

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Danny Phantom said:

Really solid list there. Tryon is really tempting too. Physical freak for sure. The concerns about Barmore must be legit if Baltimore passed on him twice
Macarthur
Agree. Should get some solid talent on day 2.
Danny Phantom
Well i jinxed it. Tyron & oweh go 31 & 32

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.