********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,434 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Both NFL Network mocks that I have seen have Surtain going well before 18 - one at 10 to DAL, one at 9 to DEN with Dal getting a CB from Va Tech at 10.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Yeah I think that's the most unrealistic part of it. I was trading down to take horn and Surtain somehow fell
TyHolden
AG

not sure why i was penalized for trading down and still getting the guy i wanted...i guess i didn't get enough for my trades.
jr15aggie
AG
FYI, The Draft Show has started back up on Cowboys.com. They have 4 or 5 episodes on the website already... very good listens for Cowboys specific draft talk. Dane Brugler is usually part of the show and he's pretty good. Shame they are still having to use the quarantine/zoom format, but still good stuff!
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Not saying this is the Cowboys...but man. If you even think you'll need a qb in the next couple of years you better take one this year. The next couple of classes are...rough.

jr15aggie
AG
That list of QBs is missing whoever throws the ball for Bama next year
Macarthur
How did you post yours? It's telling me I have too many characters when I just try to copy and paste.
PatAg
AG
why would you draft Kellen
TyHolden
AG
Macarthur said:

How did you post yours? It's telling me I have too many characters when I just try to copy and paste.

I had to download it and then upload to texags
TyHolden
AG
PatAg said:

why would you draft Kellen
hopefully he's Jordan Love...
Danny Phantom
Who's one player you do NOT want?

Mine is Rashawn Slater. Drafting a 6'3 OT at #10 is way too big of a risk for me. I think he'll have a good career but it'll end up at OG.
Macarthur
Danny Phantom said:

Who's one player you do NOT want?

Mine is Rashawn Slater. Drafting a 6'3 OT at #10 is way too big of a risk for me. I think he'll have a good career but it'll end up at OG.
I'm with you. If the Oregon OT is there, I'm good with that but otherwise, I want defense, defense and more defense.

I've done the PFF draft simulator (it's addictive) and I don't grade out very well because I really liked Barmore and PFF doesn't seem to be crazy about him.
Danny Phantom
I wouldn't put too much weight into PFFs draft results grade. They have some guys that will go in the 2nd that make it all the way until the 6th but they do have the best mock draft simulator out there. Hopefully they can fix that & implement other big boards to have a better consensus of where players will get picked.

On Barmore, he is a guy who's best football is ahead of him. He can rush the passer & is 6'5 with long arms. I would be fine with drafting him if we trade back. You could talk me into #10 if we sign a S or CB in free agency.
Danny Phantom
Another DT who's best football is ahead of him that could be a mid round pick is our very own Bobby Brown. I had no idea he barely turns 21 in August lol.
PooDoo
AG
Couldn't help myself

Saint Pablo
A WR in round one again?
Danny Phantom
Took a crack at it.

Macarthur
Dang...I can't upload mine.
MooreTrucker
AG
No way Surtain lasts that long.
PooDoo
AG
Saint Pablo said:

A WR in round one again?

like in said... I couldn't help myself. Didn't have time to look at trading down but I got Surtain in the 2nd so I count that as a steal in the 1st & 2nd.

The Cowboys should be looking to trade Gallop this draft anyway and I think Smith is going to be an All Pro.
Saint Pablo
A
Danny Phantom
Anybody else hear the rumor that Tyron might be unhappy & want out of Dallas? Bryan broddaus keeps bringing it up on 105.3. Something to do with mishandling an injury earlier in his career that is still lingering today. Also Bobby Belt hinted at Smith possibly not being back next year a while back. Moving on would save us 10.5M (post June 1st) but he won't be easy to replace. Hope it's just a rumor.
MookieBlaylock
AG
He hasn't played

Bye
Danny Phantom
MookieBlaylock said:

He hasn't played

Bye

True, but he's still a 7x pro bowler & only 30 years old. If we move on I hope we can get some compensation for him.
PooDoo
AG
I love these draft simulators
TyHolden
AG
PooDoo said:

I love these draft simulators

this is very addictive and could certainly improve. a live, crowd-sourced version of this during the draft would be great.
PatAg
AG
Danny Phantom said:

MookieBlaylock said:

He hasn't played

Bye

True, but he's still a 7x pro bowler & only 30 years old. If we move on I hope we can get some compensation for him.
He WAS a 7x pro bowler who is 'only 30' but about to be a decade into his playing career as an OT, who has had serious recurring injuries for the last 5+ years (including a bad back)

We need to be drafting his replacement already, and we can't even count on him to play this year anyways.

"he won't be easy to replace" which we already knew given all the playing time he has missed
TyHolden
AG
ESPN crawl..."Cowboys and Prescott not close to a deal"

TyHolden
AG
NFL Network crawl....Cowboys will sign Dak to long-term contract or franchise him again.
Macarthur
No doubt if his replacement is there, you have to give it strong consideration. If the kid from Oregon is there, it's a take all day long. My issue is w/ slater that high. I think he will be a solid pro, at worst, but he does have short arms. I don't think he is a top 10 guy.
Danny Phantom
I am well aware of all of that. My belief from reading between the lines is that they pushed him to play with his injury earlier in his career. This season Tyron finally decided to do what's best for him & chose to have surgery on his neck. I think that'll help him these next few years & he'll play out the remainder of his contract either here or elsewhere.

If he's 75% healthy he's still a top 10 LT. That's worth a 3rd rounder like Trent Williams. There will be plenty of teams interested in taking a gamble & acquiring him. If I needed a LT I'd do the same.
Macarthur

I like this one
Macarthur
Well crap
PooDoo
AG
This draft is going to be so interesting with all of the opt-outs declaring.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG

had to try my hand at this. so damn addicting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.