********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,551 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Adding to my post above... Going into the draft I'm 100% committed to the fact that we are screwed if we don't find a starting quality CB and S by the end of Friday Night.

But........ I'm also a firm believer that if you can't stop the run and you also can't get to the QB it's not going to make any difference who we have in the secondary! We couldn't stop the run and we couldn't get the QB last year!
jr15aggie
AG
Some guys discussing the Cowboys draft were saying if Pitts is there... he won't be... but if he is, and we pass on him, then have fun because he's either going to be a NY Giant or an Eagle.

Friggin A.... the Bengals or the Dolphins need to take this guy and just get him out of the NFC please!
awrollins
Do y'all consider Dono as a locked-in starter?
jr15aggie
AG
I do. It's the reason why we are looking for a true cover free safety to complement him.

Dono takes the ball away and brings the wood when he hits. He is 100% my starter at strong safety!
GCP12
AG
jr15aggie said:

Some guys discussing the Cowboys draft were saying if Pitts is there... he won't be... but if he is, and we pass on him, then have fun because he's either going to be a NY Giant or an Eagle.

Friggin A.... the Bengals or the Dolphins need to take this guy and just get him out of the NFC please!
All the buzz right now seems to be Pitts doesn't even get to the Bengals
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
GCP12 said:

jr15aggie said:

All the buzz right now seems to be Pitts doesn't even get to the Bengals

Multiple talking heads saying many/most teams have him as their top rated non qb. McShay graded him higher than any other TE he's ever graded. He isn't falling to 10. So yeah, unless Arthur Blank pulls rank and makes them take Fields or Lance, or they get a godfather offer, I think he's going to Atlanta at 4
PooDoo
AG
I think Neal will start at SS unless we get some DTs that allow a small LB to operate without OL getting to the 2nd level of the D.
jr15aggie
AG
The coaches have said Neal will start the year in the meeting room with the LBs. I think he was brought in to help fix the LBs not the FBs.
cman1494
AG
Draft Day let's gooo! Can't wait to see who we draft tonight. My money is on Surtain.
Danny Phantom
Today is the day Jaycee Horn becomes a Cowboy

LETS GOOOOO!!!
Vince Blake
I love these next 3 days, more so than the Super Bowl.

I think they go with Jaycee Horn. I think Surtain goes before 10. Panthers, Broncos, or trade up (Eagles). Also, I just get the feeling they like Horn maybe just a tad bit more. There is a post-it note in the Star that says "Jaycee Horn no matter what".
MooreTrucker
AG
Jeremiah's latest has Surtain to the Panthers and Horn to DAL.
AG
If Surtain is there, I think that's who they go with. If he's not, Horn is a great fall back. Hell, I almost hope Surtain is taken. I think I prefer Horn but I'd be perfectly happy with either
jr15aggie
AG
Vince Blake said:

There is a post-it note in the Star that says "Jaycee Horn no matter what".

jr15aggie
AG
Draft Day! Finally! The wife is making nachos for dinner, the booze will be chilled, and I'm ready!!!

The 'play it safe' side of me wants Surtain all day. But there's another side that is sick and tired of the Dallas choir boy defense... we need a dog out there and Horn is that guy. I think he's a guy that can/will make plays and the rest of the defense will fall in line.

I'll take either one... or we could take neither! Can't wait!
TheDraw
AG
How Jerry Sees Himself

How Jerry is On Draft Day
Danny Phantom
Rumor has it that Jaycee Horn might slip to 44 because none of his teammates showed up to his birthday party, per source.
Vince Blake
Apparently Saints are trying to trade up and it may not be for a quarterback. They do need a corner...
Danny Phantom
I've read elsewhere that Sewell might be their target. I hope that is correct because both corners being gone before 10 is starting to sound like a real possibility
jr15aggie
AG
Smoke screens everywhere. You can't convince me both CBs will be gone.

4 QBs, 1 OLine, 1 TE, 2 WR. At minimum that's 8 offensive players going somewhere in the top 10.

But I love the chaos, lets go
AG
So much bull**** out there right now. The betting odds are now favoring Lance at 3, which means if Jones falls....I don't know what the **** is going to happen.
jr15aggie
AG
My fingers are crossed that Mac is the pick at 3, because the fun really begins if that happens. Teams will 100% be wanting Fields and I'm pretty certain they will want Lance as well.

Atlanta will be there at 4 with visions of Kyle Pitts... but they need to start thinking QB also... and their phone will be ringing off the hook with trades.
Danny Phantom
Mac Jones will go in the late teens, IMO. Not great for us to be honest but that's where he should go. We need someone to trade up for either fields or Jones inside the top 10
AG
Danny Phantom said:

Mac Jones will go in the late teens, IMO. Not great for us to be honest but that's where he should go. We need someone to trade up for either fields or Jones inside the top 10

See, I still think the Niners take Jones. All this last minute info is a smokescreen in trying to get other moves to happen. But who knows
Danny Phantom
See, I think the whole Mac Jones talk was smokescreen & now the real truth is slipping through the cracks. We will see, but that's what makes the draft so damn fun haha
jr15aggie
AG
It is possible Mac Jones was a smoke screen. The only thing I can think of is they were afraid, after paying a kings ransom to move up, that somebody could jump them if word got out who they really liked.

I mean, it is the Jets sitting at number 2, so don't put it past them to F it up for them and everybody around them!!!
Southlake
It all starts with stopping the run first, otherwise teams will ram the ball down our throats, run down the clock and destroy our defense - oh, kinda like they did last year and it was awful being abused st the lone of scrimmage.

Yes, CB is a major concern, but LB is much more critical. Get Parsons or the LB from ND or Tulsa. Think how much better Jones and LVE would be with that kind of talent in the middle.

Love Surtain and Horn, but a stud LB is the key to building this crappy defense.

PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

It is possible Mac Jones was a smoke screen. The only thing I can think of is they were afraid, after paying a kings ransom to move up, that somebody could jump them if word got out who they really liked.

I mean, it is the Jets sitting at number 2, so don't put it past them to F it up for them and everybody around them!!!

Broaddus said the Jets poached a big group of the 49ers staff so there's a possibility they didn't want the Jets looking at Fields or Lance and falling in love with them over Wilson.
MooreTrucker
AG
ESPN is reporting that Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to come back to the Packers in 2021.

How will THAT screw things up?
Danny Phantom
MooreTrucker said:

ESPN is reporting that Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to come back to the Packers in 2021.

How will THAT screw things up?

Oh no Rodgers! Please don't go to the AFC!!
Danny Phantom
According to Rapoport, 2022 picks will be "like gold" due to the limited draft evaluation & lots of players opting out of their last season. I would love for us to use a future pick to trade up. Either trading back into the 1st for a top player or back into the 2nd for a top 50 player on our board that slips a little. We need to make sure we have capable players for Dan Quinn to excel.
jr15aggie
AG
We know the Jags aren't taking Pitts cause Tebow just worked out for them at TE!
jr15aggie
AG
Danny Phantom said:

I would love for us to use a future pick to trade up.

How I envision it: We give away next years 1 & the year after that to get up to Atlanta at number 4. We take Pitts. Everybody freaks out and Justin Fields Falls. We call Denver at 9 and give away 3 years of #2 picks and get back on the clock. We call Atlanta again.... we want our picks back... all of them... give us all of them and you get Justin Fields at a lower salary cap. Come on you pancake eating motherf*@#er!!!

How it would actually go: "Well, um, the glory hole pancakes are, uh, something else really. The entirety of the sugar plumbs, if you understand my meaning, are such that, well, as it were, we are looking to make a deal... and uh, this is Jerry Jones by the way and uh, well, as my daddy use to say........

Trucker 96
Getting a bad feeling both CBs will be gone and they end up in no man's land as far as getting an impact guy that meets a real need. I feel like Carolina is tracking toward Surtain and someone will trade up for Horn
jr15aggie
AG
Nope, we got this!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.