********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,408 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
cman1494
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

So I went in and did a just for fun mock. I set this rule for myself: any time a team wanted to trade with me, I had to trade back. Doing this accumulated a TON of picks and this was the draft I made out of it. How does a whole new roster of rookies sound y'all? LOL
Macarthur
Lol
Danny Phantom
Joe Tryon from Washington is a guy that I haven't seen many people talk about that could be a steal in this draft. Maybe because he opted out but he had a great year in 2019 as a sophomore with 12.5 TFL & 8 sacks. 6'5 265 lbs & he looks pretty damn big on his Instagram page. Supposedly gave Sewell some fits in their 2019 matchup but I couldn't find any videos on YouTube. Possible option for us in the 2nd/3rd round.
PooDoo
AG
I like it, but you need to add another rule about not trading within the division.
TyHolden
AG
Mehlinger is not a draft-able qb....
Danny Phantom
Per Lance Zeirlein on Twitter (can't post tweet, on my phone)

Milton Williams pro day at EXoS:

Milton Williams (La Tech)
6'3"
286 lbs
32 bench reps
35" vert
4.63 40 yard dash
PooDoo
AG
Danny Phantom said:

Per Lance Zeirlein on Twitter (can't post tweet, on my phone)

Milton Williams pro day at EXoS:

Milton Williams (La Tech)
6'3"
286 lbs
32 bench reps
35" vert
4.63 40 yard dash

Danny Phantom
That pass rush looked nice. It'll be interesting to see what round he goes in with his workout numbers being right there with Aaron Donald
PooDoo
AG
Another Mock Madden style. Looks like the App doesn't put much weight on future picks.
I traded down and came away with:
2022: 1st 9ers, 1st Pats, 1st Ind, 1st Pit,
2023: 1st 9ers, 1st Pats, 1st Cards, 1st Vikes,
Didn't address our defensive needs early... Not in love with Trask but thought he would give us flex to be able to move Dak if it comes to that. Plus, the next 2 years we own the 1st round.
Danny Phantom
https://instagr.am/p/CL59aEahh1K
PooDoo
AG
Reminds me of John Randle.
PooDoo
AG
Anyone watch I Am Athlete?

You'd think the Saints would be all over Cam Newton. Looks like they'd love him.

TyHolden
AG
He'll be a Texan when Deshaun leaves...
PooDoo
AG
No trades...
This turned out pretty good, athletes in the secondary early, beef in the middle, good tackle for special teams, and a sprinkle of speed on offense.

PooDoo
AG
TJ Vasher seems like an interesting prospect. Huge catch radius and pretty fluid for 6'6"

Macarthur
You know, there is a history of guys underperforming at bit at TT and having good NFL careers.

And I like Vasher a lot, too. Will be interesting to see what he runs. Really long strides.
jr15aggie
AG
Don't know much about Vasher other than I like his size.

What I do know is that this draft is suppose to be loaded with WR talent top to bottom. I see little reason to bring back guys like Noah Brown. Scouts need to do their job, find a 4th-7th round rookie to do the same job and move along. A big body like Vasher may be a great option... won't get many opportunities, but make them count.
PooDoo
AG
I heard Mike Fisher talking about a meeting where Jerry asked Mike Nolan why Randy Gregory wasn't playing more than Dorance Armstrong.

Said Jerry didn't like the answer... and it led to his firing.

I wonder if Jerry ever asked McCarthy why Cedric Wilson was taking so many targets from Lamb & Cooper?
PooDoo
AG
The more I see Milton William's from LaTech, the more I like him... this was his first year playing as an interior d-lineman.

Lots of potential.
Macarthur
PooDoo said:

I heard Mike Fisher talking about a meeting where Jerry asked Mike Nolan why Randy Gregory wasn't playing more than Dorance Armstrong.

Said Jerry didn't like the answer... and it led to his firing.

I wonder if Jerry ever asked McCarthy why Cedric Wilson was taking so many targets from Lamb & Cooper?

As much heat as JJ takes for being too involved, he's absolutely right on this. Any idiot could see that Gregory was far more impactful than DA.
Saint Pablo
PooDoo said:

Anyone watch I Am Athlete?

You'd think the Saints would be all over Cam Newton. Looks like they'd love him.

But then Sean Payton can't play his butt buddy Taysom Hill
PooDoo
AG
3 round mock from CBS
Cowboys get
Farley
TE from PSU
Fs from TCU
jr15aggie
AG
Love the CB and FS pick.

I would kick my cat if we got a TE in round 2! OT, DT, LB.... TE is so far down the list and the "best player" argument really loses its effectiveness outside of round 1.
jr15aggie
AG
One thing I will say about Farley and other opt outs... they scare the hell out of me.

So many times have we seen guys light it up their soph year and be put in the 1st round on all the 'way too early' mock drafts. Then their Junior year tape doesn't show the same guy and they tumble into the middle rounds.

By all accounts Farley is a stud............ I sure would like to have seen him prove it again last year though!
TyHolden
AG
3-way trade with Houston and Jets. We're getting TL. Be prepared. Lots of buzz at my house.
jr15aggie
AG
U serious Clark!?!
TyHolden
AG
jr15aggie said:

U serious Clark!?!

It's Friday...
Danny Phantom
Projected 2nd round CB Eric stokes from Georgia ran an alleged 4.25 lasered at his pro day. After doing some googling he has legit speed. Won the 100m & 200m Georgia state meet as a junior in hs & has a PR of 10.39 100m.
PooDoo
AG
I hope add some speeeeed to the roster somewhere.

Hopefully not OL.
Danny Phantom
I agree I wish Farley played, especially since he's only been a CB for 2 years. With that said, he's got elite athleticism & ++ ball skills. He might struggle early on but he'll figure it out after a few games (like diggs who also made a switch from O to D).

One positive on opt outs is that we might be able to find a diamond later in the draft who opted out. Especially in the pac12 due to opt out or short season. Some guys like Walker little, joe tryon, Paulson adebo, Jevon Holland, Kary Vincent & jay tufele could of went in the 1st had they played a full season.
TyHolden
AG
haven't kept up with quincy but glad to hear he's doing ok these days...

his story of ups and downs...
https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/quincy-carter-now/

his qb camp in texas...
https://www.quincycarter17.com/
alvtimes
MaximusDMeridius said:

3-way trade with Houston and Jets. We're getting TL. Be prepared. Lots of buzz at my house.

Please tell me this doesnt involve Cowboys #10 pick also?
MookieBlaylock
AG
alvtimes said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Wut
TyHolden
AG
alvtimes said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

yes and jerrah has already said we're taking Mehlinger with the #2. Statement pick.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Who is Mehlinger?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.