********** Dallas Cowboys 2021 Draft Thread ***********

108,499 Views | 1573 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jr15aggie
cman1494
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like Kazee will be coming in for a visit next week. Could be a nice depth signing.
Danny Phantom
Malik hooker also visiting. Seems like we're bringing both of them in & picking one to be our FS.

Also, according to Josina Anderson, it's between us & the jets for Keanu Neal. We'd be bringing him in to play WLB. Would love this signing but the jets might pay more. We'll see.
Trucker 96
Interesting theory that the Cowboys landing Neal could precipitate a June 1 Jaylon Smith cut (please let this happen)
gigem1223
Cowboys sign Neal to a 1 year $5M deal
Danny Phantom
LFG. 2 down, 1 go!!

Also, I was hammering for Hooker earlier in the off-season so if we sign him or Kazee I'll be happy.
gigem1223
If we could somehow get Geno Atkins and KJ Wright for cheap deals I'd be thrilled with this free agency.
Vince Blake
Kyle Fuller signed with Denver. Was holding out a sliver of hope Cowboys might sign him. Good news is, I believe Denver was the most corner needy team ahead of us in the draft. So Cowboys might have their pick of the top corner in the draft.
Danny Phantom
Keanu Neal highlights for those that want a glimpse of just how vicious of a hitter he is.

*NFSW Warning*
Danny Phantom
Ben Albright, whos probably the most plugged in Denver reporter, is saying that they will be looking to trade back. If they stay & pick it probably won't be a CB so that's good but someone might jump us for one.
TheCougarHunter
AG
They needed a FS more than a SS

Good player though, wish it was more than 1 year deal.
gigem1223
Got Malik Hooker still coming in for a visit
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

Cowboys sign Neal to a 1 year $5M deal

Not a surprise... very typical player following old coach to new team sorta deal.

And the Denver/Fuller signing is defintely a good sign for our draft. Based on current free agent moves, LB might be our top target... but having all CBs on the board at 10 is never a bad thing.
Danny Phantom
How about this for a different looking mock draft in the middle rounds? I know we will be interested in Milton Williams in the 2nd round after his crazy workout numbers. Jamar johnson is another name to keep an eye out for in a sort of weak S class.
Vince Blake
Caleb Farley having back surgery
Macarthur
Man, that is awful for him. Gonna cost him big time.
jr15aggie
AG
Wasn't it Farley that opted out last year too? That's definitely a huge red flag.

Sounds like a Jerry Jones early 2nd round special!
Trucker 96
jr15aggie said:

Wasn't it Farley that opted out last year too? That's definitely a huge red flag.

Sounds like a Jerry Jones early 2nd round special!

He absolutely fits the JJ 2nd round mold, but please dear God no more!!!
gigem1223
Giants have made some nice additions with Golladay and Jackson. If Jones can take the next step and Barkley stay healthy they should be a pretty solid team. We really need a 2016 type draft this year.
PooDoo
AG
Broaddus says Quin and Muschamp are besties so expect the Cowboys to have all the inside info that they would need on Horn.

Danny Phantom
Jaycee is my pet cat & the guy I'd stand in the table for. I hope muschamp can convince Quinn that he's the right guy to pair with Diggs. Horn would thrive in this defense due to his press skills & dawg mentality at corner to follow opposing teams #1 threat every week. If we can trade back a little and still pick him that'll be awesome but it might not be worth risking it.
alvtimes
Danny Phantom said:

Jaycee is my pet cat & the guy I'd stand in the table for. I hope muschamp can convince Quinn that he's the right guy to pair with Diggs. Horn would thrive in this defense due to his press skills & dawg mentality at corner to follow opposing teams #1 threat every week. If we can trade back a little and still pick him that'll be awesome but it might not be worth risking it.

The news on Farley probably pushes Horn into #2 CB spot and makes it hard for Cowboys to trade back but who knows???
jr15aggie
AG
Good breakdown for those not as knowledgeable about where we are with the cap. In short, right now we are out of money for free agents. If we wanted to get more we'll have to re-structure more deals and he details that.

My thoughts:

1. Not a terrible idea to restructure a player you know is going to be here. D-Law stands out the most. The cap is about to go way up so kicking the can down the road isn't a terrible play if we want to win now (and Jerry most certainly does).

2. I would not touch Amari's deal. We can wash our hands of him after this year if we choose. I personally really like the guy, but with Gallup's deal coming to an end we have decisions to make and I'd rather let this year play out and see how we feel this time next year.

Macarthur
I don't know, depending on how Amari looks this year, I think I would extend him. A two or three year extension gets you to where you have to pay Lamb. Cooper is still very young and still one of the top 2 or 3 route runners in the league. Those technician type of guys can play in the league at a pretty high level for some time.

I like Gallup but I do not think he is a big extension type of guy. He's a very good #2, but he's going to command top dollar and I don't think he's in that league.

And I will add that WR seems to be a position that there is always an influx of talent into the league. YOu should be able to find good WRs every other year or so that can be solid #2 type guys. Lamb will get a big deal so extend Cooper and then find a good #3 next year in the middle rounds. I think that should be the plan.
Vince Blake
4.42u 40 for Surtain per SEC Network. Starting to think he won't be there at 10.
Danny Phantom
Southlake
Surtain has the pedigree and he's young.

I've said all along he'd be my first pick.

Cause, you know, I'm an expert...
jr15aggie
AG
Here's a thought: What if Dallas double dipped at CB in round 1 & 2!?! What if they got Surtain/Horn at 10 and then pulled a Jerry special and got Farley in the 2nd?

I know you can never have too many CBs, but that's probably a bit rich at one spot. We definitely need to find another outside CB that can start opposite Diggs and we'll need another back-up/rotational guy as well. Just not sure we need to spend that much draft capital to get it... but... when our pick comes around in round 2 Farley might be the far and away best player available. Hmm???
Ag Natural
AG
We still have Anthony Brown with two years left on his deal. He's not a bad option when healthy, he just missed most of last year so everyone forgot about him.
Danny Phantom
I'd be down for it. You can never have enough good CBs. However, a jerry special I like a little more in the 2nd round is G/C Landon Dickerson. That dude is an absolute unit & would of went mid first round had he not torn his acl in the playoffs. He might be available there at 44 but I wouldn't be surprised if he still got drafted in the 1st.
Ag Natural
AG
Aldon Smith not going to be resigned. I was wondering
Danny Phantom
Jaycee Horn is telling Surtain to hold my beer so far. 41.5" vertical & 133 broad jump, both better than surtain. Also checked in with 33 inch arms which is crazy. I hope he runs in the low 4.4s
Vince Blake
Horn having his pro day right now
Trucker 96
Ag Natural said:

Aldon Smith not going to be resigned. I was wondering

He started strong but faded quickly and didn't do much after September. Not sure if that was lack of conditioning due to not having played in 5 years, or more disinterest as he realized why he walked away for 5 years. Maybe both
awrollins
Are the Cowboys planning on Dono starting?
Danny Phantom
awrollins said:

Are the Cowboys planning on Dono starting?

Yeah, I think so. It seems like during our base defense he'll start alongside Neal & once we go to the nickel Neal will replace Jaylon/LVE instead of Dono. Neal will rotate more with the LBs in my opinion & will serve as Donos backup if something happens to him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.