*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

351,320 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

We can parse out the language all we want, but didn't he ask Logan to help him get her out of the park? If that isn't an indicator that he thinks she's alive, then what is it?
why does that indicate he thinks she is alive???...maybe he just wants a robot sex doll at home...who wouldn't?!?!??!

!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Stolen from reddit:

TCTTS
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

I agree it was mostly inside the barn, but he made a whole show of killing off Teddy while he was dragging her. If he was simply trying to do something to Dolores he could have just popped him when he first rode up.

Replying to this before reading the next page, so my apologies if someone already said this, but...

I think the above scene is more to introduce the audience to what is going on. Prior to MiB demonstrating that he can't be killed, I don't think it was clear if Teddy was a guest or host. He rides in on the same train, he's greeted by Clem at the saloon and she calls him "new," and Dolores says "you came back," before we realize the hosts don't remember anything.

As to the possibility of MiB being Logan...is the knife MiB uses the same one Logan used to stab Dolores? Unlikely, but there could be some significance there. More likely that William adopted it after dismembering all those hosts.
mhayden
G Martin 87 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

There's pretty much zero doubt in my mind that Dolores will execute Arnold sitting in that chair. That is the "truth" behind Wyatt executing the general.
Arnold had Dolores read "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", right? What if Dolores draws the conclusion that she is just dreaming and tries to "wake herself up" by shooting herself after going on a murderous rampage?

You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away. You know where you hope the train will take you, but you can't be sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?
bobinator
AG
Well I agree that's what we thought at the time, but that scene seems weird looking backwards
bobinator
AG
I'm rewatching the first episode now, and the MiB sure seems to talk more like Logan than William also. I doubt that really means anything, just something I noticed.
claym711
AG
Prepare to be pissed.
claym711
AG
There's no way a show like this doesn't have a finale plot twist. There will be one that keeps people primed for season 2. It's not going to be clean, concluded, and everything we expected. Zero chance. Whoever Ford was building in his basement where they killed Theresa will be ready just in time.
Breggy Popup
AG
claym711 said:

There's no way a show like this doesn't have a finale plot twist. There will be one that keeps people primed for season 2. It's not going to be clean, concluded, and everything we expected. Zero chance. Whoever Ford was building in his basement where they killed Theresa will be ready just in time.
If it is not clean and concluded there will be a lot of pissed off people because that is exactly what several actors and Nolan himself have said. Basically the questions of this season get tied up and a pointer to next season occurs.
MW03
AG
What is the story with the bull people or whatever, and why are they immune to ammo? Are there any working theories about them?
claym711
AG
There are hosts who can't be harmed by guns. Thats been established. Not only by what you're referencing, but also because Bernard (and others like him) have to go into the park - if they were shot and died, uh, the humans would notice.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dlance said:

claym711 said:

If it is not clean and concluded there will be a lot of pissed off people because that is exactly what several actors and Nolan himself have said. Basically the questions of this season get tied up and a pointer to next season occurs.
yeah and GOT typically does not end that way....and this is also an HBO show.

GOT has major shocks in ep. 8 or 9....and then Ep. 10 may be grand in scale but it basically sets the stage for the future season. Not a cliffhanger per se.

similarly this show already had those - the deaths and reveals like Bernard (I guess) or the timelines stuff. Maybe William=MIB might be but will that really be shocking. It might be a big reveal in a way - like a larger context of the setting of WW or the world outside it - and that will open up endless possibilities. But I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger - like "who shot JR, or the LOST flash forward mind****, or Picard becoming a Borg something that literally leaves you hanging.
Quinn
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

dlance said:

claym711 said:

GOT has major shocks in ep. 8 or 9....and then Ep. 10 may be grand in scale but it basically sets the stage for the future season. Not a cliffhanger per se.

similarly this show already had those - the deaths and reveals like Bernard (I guess) or the timelines stuff. Maybe William=MIB might be but will that really be shocking. It might be a big reveal in a way - like a larger context of the setting of WW or the world outside it - and that will open up endless possibilities. But I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger - like "who shot JR, or the LOST flash forward mind****, or Picard becoming a Borg something that literally leaves you hanging.

SEMI GoT SPOILER

I find a lot of irony in you posting the comment about GoT's shockers happening in episode 8 or 9 because of your user name.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Quinn said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

dlance said:

claym711 said:

SEMI GoT SPOILER

I find a lot of irony in you posting the comment about GoT's shockers happening in episode 8 or 9 because of your user name.

lol...ok fair point....that was once though......i did say "typically"
bobinator
AG
GoT also has a pretty clearly defined overarcing story though, Westworld doesn't. To tie up all of GoT's storylines would be impossible. But as has been said, the people involved with the show have been saying it isn't like a cliffhanger ending and that the big stories are wrapped up.
Quinn
AG
Ya I agree with your point typically, but I couldn't pass up that joke.
BBRex
AG
If William is the MiB, then something has to have happened to Logan. Logan made a point of telling William he's a glorified mid-level manager with a VP title only because he is marrying into the family. The MiB is more of a recognized CEO type who calls himself a "captain of industry." That sounds like Logan unless Logan gets offed and William takes over.
Dro07
AG
They are sentient... they know they are robots so they don't die due to their programming
Cynical_Texan
AG
I think the "thing that happened" is Dolores kills Logan/hosts, William covers it up to help save the park. Shot in the dark.

I'm waiting for the finale then its back to watching the whole season again.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

That's it. That's the big twist. Everyone who visits the park is shrunken down Honey I Shrunk the Kids style, and the map is actually the park. The big reveal will be a flashback to a bunch of characters looking up to see a huge dong raining pee down on them.

In all seriousness, though, that's not a bad potential foreshadowing catch.
You joke, but there was a shrinkray theory on reddit for a while.
bobinator
AG
If you can dream up a theory, someone on Reddit has already posted it. With PROOF.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

If you can dream up a theory, someone on Reddit has already posted it. With PROOF.

oh yeah.....i think it's a shrink ray.....but inside a snowglobe of an autistic child...except it's really purgatory....and a prison they are trying to escape from......except tomorrow Wyatt wakes up and it was all a dream.....then boom black screen for 5 minutes!!!!
bobinator
AG
You forgot a fuzzy "screencap" that you took with your phone with the pause screen on the TV with proof.
bobinator
AG
Should we do some "finale predictions" just to get everyone's theories sort of tied up in one place? I'll VenMo the winner 50 cents.
JJxvi
AG
My sole prediction is that the line "Don't call me Billy" is uttered by Ed Harris at some point.
claym711
AG
JJxvi said:

My sole prediction is that the line "Don't call me Billy" is uttered by Ed Harris at some point.
And he says it to Ford

...as he kills him
claym711
AG
The host being created in Ford's basement is....Ford.
Dro07
AG
claym711 said:

The host being created in Ford's basement is....Ford.
I would go with it being Bernard because of the loop that he creates with Ford.
3rdGen2015
AG
What if Armistice (snake tattoo lady) kills Ford? I was thinking about other potential loose ends that they haven't tied up yet and I thought about the scene where she first meets the MiB. She is explaining her backstory and basically said that her drive is to "cut the head off of the snake", but in reference to wanting to kill Wyatt.

This could very easily be ignored and not be a plot hole or anything, but if she does wind up killing Ford, just look to that scene with the MiB for the foreshadowing.
bobinator
AG
Current timeline Armistice just died again also, so she could theoretically be backstage with Hector and Maeve.
bobinator
AG
Speaking of Reddit, poking around there this morning and the great flood theory seems to be picking up some steam.
3rdGen2015
AG
When I went to go look yesterday after I posted that, I only found two threads about it that were both 3-4 weeks old. Are there more now?
bobinator
AG
I saw it on some thread and then a guy had started a thread linking to his page where he had it as part of a big unifying theory.
TCTTS
AG
Image from the finale released by HBO a couple days ago...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.