*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

357,529 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great episode but man, that was one of the more confusing episodes thus far. Tough to follow at times.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
There's 3 timelines I think now
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Man in a black is definitely before Maeve gained consciousness.

However, when the boardwoman was walking around in the office of the story writer, the bullheaded man was on a picture in the back wall and then of course they discussed Fords "new" story of Wyatt who is in MiB's timeline
OldArmy71
AG

Quote:

Great episode but man, that was one of the more confusing episodes thus far. Tough to follow at times.
No kidding. Faulkner wanted to print The Sound and the Fury using different colors of ink to represent the various timelines that are swirling around in the mind of the mentally handicapped narrator. Westworld needs something similar!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Shoot there might be 4 wow
gumby579
AG
They just keep hitting the nail on the head with the music
AliasMan02
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

There's 3 timelines I think now

I don't think it's a surprise that Maeve/MiB happens distinct from other timelines. We've known she hasn't been the madam for very long for quite some time, and it's certainly "old" MiB that kills her.
bangobango
AG
Very confused by Dolores flashbacks.

I assume everyone caught that the damsel in distress/Wyatt double agent was the host that greets William when he first arrives at the park, but I'll call attention to it here because I wouldve missed if not for my wife.

Also, see her cross Dolores's path before she happens upon all the dancing robots.
bangobango
AG
Kind of hard to believe that backstory for MIB if he is William. Certainly doesn't seem like a man about to snap just under the surface.

Could see it being backstory for Logan, however.
3rdGen2015
AG
Do we know what Williams's fiance's name is yet? MiB said he was married to a girl named Emily if I heard that correctly.

EDIT: or did he say his daughter was named Emily?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thank you! I knew she looked familiar and I couldn't put my finger on it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I did love Dolores' confusion and despair in the "When are we?" scene. She is the audience.
The White Wolf
This is why I have been stressing calling it the "multiple" timeline theory instead of just two. It's definitely more than 2. At least 3, and maybe even 4 now, but the 4th is hard to say.

I've been thinking we had MiB/teddy/ford/bernard/Maeve, dolores/william/logan, and potentially arnold/dolores. Now parts of Maeve might fit in parts of the others, but I still think predominately just what we could call the present if not all in the present. Even in her memories of prior story, the MiB is still there and couldn't have been much sooner.

But now it looks like we definitely still have the first two, and (what might actually still be the same as the third) we for sure have Dolores' flashbacks showing us the scenes that Ford talked about when they spent the three years in the park with the hosts making them more human. I believe he mentioned that in episode three and we saw a quick clip of it. Going to be incredible for it to all come together in these final two episodes.
bangobango
AG
Nm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Timeline from Reddit. Purely speculative but seems to be the most agreed-upon timeline by everyone.

34 Years ago:
  • Dolores murking everyone at the dance
  • The murked dance town gets buried
30 years ago:
  • Enter Logan and William
  • Dolores enters the party
  • Lawrence sends the three on a fetch quest
  • William and Dolores meet up at the buried murked dance town
Pre-show Present
  • MiB murks Maeve and her kid
Present
  • Where Bernard, Ford, Theresa, Hale, Elsie, etc are hanging out
  • MiB drags Dolores into the barn
  • All the scenes where Dolores is seemingly by herself when she really shouldn't be. I think she's retracing her previous loop that doesn't end with her getting raped and murdered at the barn.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The girl who crossed Dolores path was also the girl that arrowed Teddy at the end right?

Also, the brain dead dancer girl that took several mis-steps is the the snake tattoo lady too, right?
3rdGen2015
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

The girl who crossed Dolores path was also the girl that arrived Teddy at the end right?

Also, the brain dead dancer girl that took sher me missteps is the the snake tattoo lady too, right?

Yes and yes. And the first one was also the host who greeted William back in episode 2.
gumby579
AG
Do we need an official poll of who is hotter: clementine 1.0 or 2.0?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, and MIB makes the comment when he recognizes her. "I would've thought they'd retired you by now."

Throw that into the pile of evidence for William=MIB.

Also read a good theory that MIB's wife killed herself because she knew and/or learned that he'd killed Logan (her brother) in Westworld. Just in case.
The White Wolf
gumby579 said:

sure would like to see all of 2.0 before making my choice...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Timeline from Reddit. Purely speculative but seems to be the most agreed-upon timeline by everyone.

34 Years ago:
  • Dolores murking everyone at the dance
  • The murked dance town gets buried
30 years ago:
  • Enter Logan and William
  • Dolores enters the party
  • Lawrence sends the three on a fetch quest
  • William and Dolores meet up at the buried murked dance town
Pre-show Present
  • MiB murks Maeve and her kid
Present
  • Where Bernard, Ford, Theresa, Hale, Elsie, etc are hanging out
  • MiB drags Dolores into the barn
  • All the scenes where Dolores is seemingly by herself when she really shouldn't be. I think she's retracing her previous loop that doesn't end with her getting raped and murdered at the barn.

I think parts of non-WW (what are we calling that? Mission control?) are also past and present...

The story writer with the board member alludes to Wyatt being created for Fords new story; and Wyatt is in MiB's timeline. Theresa is killed when Board Member is there; so perhaps all the board member stuff is in the past?
3rdGen2015
AG
gumby579 said:

Definitely 2.0
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I kinda liked 1.0 a little more ...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
+1
BowSowy
AG
This **** confuses me so much, but I love it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MIB = William = Bill
Teddy = Ted

Bill and Ted

3rdGen2015
AG
That blew my mind more than it should have
BowSowy
AG
I, too, looked at Reddit after the episode
mazzag
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Also, the brain dead dancer girl that took sher me missteps is the the snake tattoo lady too, right?
YellowPot_97
AG
Board Member woman said that Ford was out digging up some old town for his new narative

another piece of evidence of multiple time lines
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I, too, looked at Reddit after the episode

AliasMan02
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Board Member woman said that Ford was out digging up some old town for his new narative

another piece of evidence of multiple time lines

The show has outright stated there are multiple timelines at this point.
Mathguy64
AG
Maybe I missed something but when Bernard asked Ford if he had ever killed before and Alford said no, he flashed back to killing Elsie. But if I recall, Bernard was talking to Theresa when Elsie was calling him on his phone from the old theater. That seems off. We know he told her he couldn't talk but the implication was her death was contemporaneous with that conversation.
astros4545
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

gumby579 said:

Definitely 2.0
If you ever saw the CINEMAX show "Banshee"

You would know it is definitely 2.0

She was also in Season 1 True Detective and on full display
AggieRebel
AG
Teddy tells the MIB "You speak like you own this world" and MIB responds "Not just this one" meaning he's probably the CEO of Delos and they own more parks like west world. I think that makes it pretty obvious that William = MIB and that his first trip to west world changed him into a man who could kill Logan and/or take over Logan's family's business and become a "God, a Titan of industry"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.