*** WESTWORLD Season 1 (HBO) ***

358,044 Views | 2710 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sazerac
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So who really is this board member? The repeating of the "blood sacrifice" can't be a coincidence. She's a part of this somehow. Also I'm very curious as to who the host that was being printed is going to be.
JJxvi
AG
And i think we can assume that all of the Dolores/Bernard convos weve seen in Fords little manufacturing hut were Arnold/Dolores that took place in the past
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Could it be?

3rdGen2015
AG
So the tell is tie=Bernard?
The White Wolf
JJxvi said:

And i think we can assume that all of the Dolores/Bernard convos weve seen in Fords little manufacturing hut were Arnold/Dolores that took place in the past
Bingo. This has been what I was sense Ford met with his host young self. The rooms are only slightly different but with 30+ years in between, could easily be the same.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

So who really is this board member? The repeating of the "blood sacrifice" can't be a coincidence. She's a part of this somehow. Also I'm very curious as to who the host that was being printed is going to be.
He seemed to laugh off the board really easily. There's no way they could all be hosts...is there?
Texags is garbage
Where did Elsie go?
Bunk Moreland
RIP Clem. She was too fine.
AgLaw
AG
JJxvi said:

Bernard is a recreation of Arnold

Or both Arnold and Bernard are hosts designed by Ford, and Arnold (A unit) was the prototype. Bernard is the Beta.

My guess: there was no Arnold. He was a Ford creation designed to assist Ford in his experimentation with AI. Bernard is the upgrade.

The next version will be able to think and create on its own based on its "reveries." Maeve and Dolores are already showing signs of being able to do this - Maeve through plotting her escape and Dolores through her art.

Such a good show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So, are we thinking the flashback with his son, was Arnold?
mhayden
I don't think Arnold was a host.

Arnold is whomever is missing in this picture with Ford and one of their creations (Ford's father):

Quote:

bobinator
amercer
AG
So what is the board really after? Robot immortality? Robot world domination? maybe that's why the board lady is looking at dead Theresa in the next episode. Ford showing off his ability to replace people with robots. Or maybe she already was a host...

I think the MIB is the chairman of the board, and that's why Ford blows the board off.
AliasMan02
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

So the tell is tie=Bernard?

I've been looking for the "totem" that tips the hand between timelines and that could very well be it.
3rdGen2015
AG
Same here. I didn't realize what it was until BES posted that. I knew it had to be some sort of clothing, but I couldn't place exactly what it was. I might have to rewatch from the beginning this week to confirm.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I didn't catch this myself, but apparently the line William says to El Lazo, "This is where we part ways.", is the same thing MIB said to Lawrence.
3rdGen2015
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I didn't catch this myself, but apparently the line William says to El Lazo, "This is where we part ways.", is the same thing MIB said to Lawrence.

That could just be part of his character. The line that stick out most to me was William comparing Westworld to a book. The MiB compared it to a book too.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I kept waiting for William to say something about truth, but that suffices as well.
LHIOB
AG
When Bernard said "what door?" I sat up in my seat.

Hopkins is gonna win some awards for this role. Hes been amazing.
Vander
AG
There is absolutely no way this does not have enormous military applications. The board doesn't care about the stories or Westworld because they just see it as proof of concept.

A military staffed entirely by 100% loyal robots? Yeah it's obvious what the board wants here. Though it's clear that they don't realize the extend to which Ford has control. If they did then they would bring in a military force to shut him down immediately. Ford's machinations would be a huge threat to any country.
AliasMan02
AG
I'm not sure I'm on board with the military angle. We don't know much about the outside world except that it seems that everyone has plenty. Doesn't sound like a lot of strife.

However, the fact that Bernard can convincingly walk around for years and fool everyone, including his lover, begs the question of how far has Ford already gone? What other hosts are out in the world?
Teacher_Ag
AG
All I know is I'm jealous of the host that the new exec woman was "testing out".
biochemistry ag
AG
LHIOB said:

When Bernard said "what door?" I sat up in my seat.

Hopkins is gonna win some awards for this role. Hes been amazing.
I went absolutely ice cold when he said that.
LHIOB
AG
Also, hosts can and will hurt humans
Teacher_Ag
AG
Hinted at that the first time Dolores swatted the fly.
The White Wolf
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I kept waiting for William to say something about truth, but that suffices as well.
Fully expect to get that reveal from an exchange between MiB and Dolores once they cross paths at the end of Ford's new story line.

My question for tonight's episode is about the maze. When William and Dolores "parted ways" with Lawrence, did she continue her journey through the maze or did she digress...
3rdGen2015
AG
Check this out. From the last episode, from Bernard's POV. There isn't a door where there is one in this episode. Awesome little detail.

claym711
AG
I don't think the maze is a physical place. I think it's either a consciousness test of sorts, an attainment of free will and feeedom for the hosts....or perhaps for Arnold or Ford it is a shelter or even maybe a 'prison'. The symbol is even a take on the Native American man in the maze symbol, which fits well. Teddy even describes exactly this as "the sum of a man'a life". He goes on, "the choices he makes, the dreams he hangs onto" - here he is basically describing Delores' journey...making her own choices, remembering her 'dreams'. Then Teddy describes a man that was killed many times, returns and vanquishes his oppressors then shelters himself from the "fighting". We know now that ford considers the hosts to actually be free, sheltered from the "fighting", as Teddy calls it. We also know that Arnold wanted the hosts to have consciousness, so safe to say this was a disagreement between Ford and Arnold. We have people fighting to get out (Delores, Maeve, Arnold??) and fighting to get in (MIB)
PooDoo
AG
TCTTS
AG
I'll say this... we've all known Bernard was a host for a while now, but there's no way you hire someone like Jeffrey Wright to simply play Ford's robot lackey from here on out. I'm convinced that Bernard is a recreation of Arnold, even more so after seeing the no tie/tie clue. I'd be shocked if William and Delores don't run into / find Jeffrey Wright's Arnold just before he dies.
NoHo Hank
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

He also talked to Delores about the deeper meaning of the place, that his books all had a meaning and this is just like those, they he wants to find out what the meaning is. It was very reminiscent of the mib speech. At this point, I think there is no doubt they are seeing the mib and William to be the same character unless it is a sleight of hand. Still not totally crazy with it, we will see what else they add to build up to that reveal.
Btron
AG
Good to know "bum a cigarette" is still a popular phrase in the future
Btron
AG
You guys might be on to something regarding tie/no tie for Barnard.
He did make a point to take his tie off before hitting Theresa.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
Yes. There was a big emphasis on taking off and putting on the tie. I noted that in real time.
Mathguy64
AG
The writers have done a fantastic job honoring Chricton's basic style and story of evil people and underlying tech control system. I wonder if he had ever updated his script or notes before passing away.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.