Houston
Sponsored by

Icepocalypse watch 2022/2023

174,420 Views | 1531 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jock 07
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bondag said:

TJaggie14 said:

Y'all got anymore of those cold weather fronts?

We do not taunt weather predictions on this board.

Especially in TX.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Crazy how much snow they've had in the west this year. I was in a budget call with the team that runs our campus in Salt Lake. They undershot our snow removal budget by $200k.
spadilly
S
...and they were writing newspaper articles about the lack of snow this winter in NYC when I was there earlier this month. Wild stuff.
CDUB98
AG
The snow melt is going to really tax Cali dams. As much as I despise that state, let's hope those things hold up and innocents are not hit.
cone
AG
i think we can mark ourselves safe from joe *******i doom casting for this winter
aTm2004
AG
Bondag said:

TJaggie14 said:

I had to turn my AC on last night...it's February.
aTm2004
AG
nm...responded to wrong person.

Boobs.
aTm2004
AG
CDUB98 said:

The snow melt is going to really tax Cali dams. As much as I despise that state, let's hope those things hold up and innocents are not hit.
If the dumbasses there actually elected competent individuals, they would have built needed reservoirs to capture the runoff to support their population.
txags92
AG
aTm2004 said:

CDUB98 said:

If the dumbasses there actually elected competent individuals, they would have built needed reservoirs to capture the runoff to support their population.
Most of the water west of the Rockies is fully appropriated to various rights holders. Nearly all of that meltwater runoff is going into one of those appropriated watersheds. So even if they built a dam to capture it, they would likely not be allowed to use more than they are now unless they buy the water rights from somebody else. The Colorado River is already over-appropriated based on recent flows, so even buying the rights doesn't guarantee you actually can use the water you bought if your rights are too junior and there is not enough to satisfy the downstream senior rights holders.
ChipFTAC01
AG
aTm2004 said:

nm...responded to wrong person.

Boobs.

I like boobs
Al Bula
AG
aTm2004 said:

CDUB98 said:

Yep, quite ironic that water-starved Cali missed out on capturing the historic rains a few weeks ago because of poor planning.
TarponChaser
txags92 said:

aTm2004 said:

CDUB98 said:

Most of the water west of the Rockies is fully appropriated to various rights holders. Nearly all of that meltwater runoff is going into one of those appropriated watersheds. So even if they built a dam to capture it, they would likely not be allowed to use more than they are now unless they buy the water rights from somebody else. The Colorado River is already over-appropriated based on recent flows, so even buying the rights doesn't guarantee you actually can use the water you bought if your rights are too junior and there is not enough to satisfy the downstream senior rights holders.

I was just reading that a lot of that Cali runoff that is usually flushed to the Pacific in order to satisfy the envirowhackadoos is being held back in reservoirs per XO from Newsome. And a lot is going to be sent through the Colorado to replenish Lake Mead, etc.

But it is absolute fact that the Colorado is over-appropriated. Most years it dries up well before it hits the Gulf of California.
David_Puddy
AG
aTm2004 said:

Bondag said:

TJaggie14 said:

I had to turn my AC on last night...it's February.

I've had my A/C on for the past several days and played golf in shorts on Monnday and broke a sweat
txags92
AG
TarponChaser said:

txags92 said:

aTm2004 said:

CDUB98 said:

I was just reading that a lot of that Cali runoff that is usually flushed to the Pacific in order to satisfy the envirowhackadoos is being held back in reservoirs per XO from Newsome. And a lot is going to be sent through the Colorado to replenish Lake Mead, etc.

But it is absolute fact that the Colorado is over-appropriated. Most years it dries up well before it hits the Gulf of California.
Yep, they flush a ton of water down the Sacramento to protect the Delta Smelt I believe. But that water isn't going to affect the Colorado unless they are pumping it over the Sierras to get it there. I doubt they are doing anything to directly replenish Lake Meade. They are likely using the water they are holding back in the reservoirs to offset water they would have otherwise withdrawn from the Colorado instead.
cone
AG
anyone have any 30 day out predictions for late March weather?
aTm2004
AG
Ag_07
AG
So it's OK to where my cargo shorts, Salt Life Tshirt, and boat shoes to cook-off this weekend?
txags92
AG
Ag_07 said:

So it's OK to where my cargo shorts, Salt Life Tshirt, and boat shoes to cook-off this weekend?
Don't forget your white framed sunglasses.
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

The follow up is awesome too.

ptothemo
AG
txags92 said:

Ag_07 said:

And make sure it's a long-sleeve Salt Life tee. Establishes you as someone that seems to be in the sun a whole lot while fishing a whole lot.
StillNotAnAggie
ptothemo said:

txags92 said:

Ag_07 said:

And make sure it's a long-sleeve Salt Life tee. Establishes you as someone that seems to be in the sun a whole lot while fishing a whole lot.

When you say boat shoes, I assume you mean "Hey Dudes" right? Otherwise, you need to rethink your footwear choices.
Sea Speed
AG
Idk what hey dudes are, but top siders or other shoes of the same style are the only boat shoe in my opinion. Id love a pair of quoddys.
Mas89
AG
Hey dudes are all fabric top sider type shoes. Multiple different colors. Kids are into them. I tried a pair but didn't like them.
Ag_07
AG
Had no idea that's what they're called by yes that's them.

The Kraken
AG
Much of my work keeps me outside. F*** 83+ degrees in February.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
wessimo
AG
Jock 07
AG
aTm2004 said:

CDUB98 said:

Correct. And it's insane how much runoff has already just flowed right out to sea and how much will soon flow out with the spring melt. All the reservoirs are full right now but will be back down come summer and they'll all be *****ing about global warming causing their current drought.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.