Houston
Sponsored by

Icepocalypse watch 2022/2023

175,104 Views | 1531 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jock 07
CAR96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to stay positive…
Seabreeze
CAR96 said:

Trying to stay positive…

And you though you would rule the world, when we all died... Silly man.
Seabreeze
Demand leveling out, as people settle in for bed. Plenty of surplus 20k mW avaliable with 8k mW in reserve as of right now
AgLiving06
Centerpoint reporting 15k without power right now
Seabreeze
Tree down, or drunk rolled a poll. Ain't because of the grid. Good news is everyone is on call. Hopefully they get power back soon
Seabreeze

Boats and Hose
AG
Sea Speed said:

Username2121 at Gmail

Email sent. The bourbon is flowing tonight. Might need to replenish.
Bregxit
AG
Freeze Misers are working like champs! It is oddly captivating watching them start dripping, then slowly stop, then star again a little later.
billyjack2009
Ours is out.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
I have talked to multiple people who are choosing to shut off their water main and go without running water for three days despite being home the entire time rather than just drip faucets. What???
Seabreeze
ABC weather guy went full re**** yesterday, and said that's what's he was doing. I imagine that's where they they got it from.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Ptsd after last Feb is a real thing
94chem
I'm seeing 13 degrees with 20 mph wind here on NE side at 6 a.m. Holy Satsumas, that's cold.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Irish 2.0
Seabreeze said:

ABC weather guy went full re**** yesterday, and said that's what's he was doing. I imagine that's where they they got it from.

Houston water pressure after all the morons shut off their water.
Seabreeze
94chem said:

I'm seeing 13 degrees with 20 mph wind here on NE side at 6 a.m. Holy Satsumas, that's cold.

Trending 5 degrees colder than forecast. I'm expecting 17 or 16 here in Seabrook
Seabreeze
Irish 2.0 said:

Seabreeze said:

Houston water pressure with after all the morons shut off their water.

Hahaha, no *****.
AlaskanAg99
AG
My outside remote temp sensor is - -. I replaced the batteries this week. Even that POS can't handle the Houston Cold (said no one ever).

I did drip my two garage faucets, not sure if the RO filter out there will make it.
aTm '99
AlaskanAg99
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

I have talked to multiple people who are choosing to shut off their water main and go without running water for three days despite being home the entire time rather than just drip faucets. What???

Are they hoarding TP?
aTm '99
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Alexa says 16 in League City at 6 AM. Good times.
combat wombat™
AG
Cromagnum said:

Expecting to lose water to our subdivision sometime overnight. Dumbasses in charge of our community well were oblivious that cold weather was coming today and they never winterized the system since 2021.

LOEN??
InnerCityAg
This MF ain't stoppin for *****
TexasStone
Happened to wake up at 5 AM and decided to take a lap around the house and step outside.

Two of my faucets had stopped dripping, guess I didn't set them aggressively enough. Once I had cleared the volume of water inside the house line (I'm guessing) that was some of the coldest water from the tap I've ever felt
AJ02
AG
Our heater decided to crap out overnight. Awesome.
aggiedata
AG
I got 14 from the house here in Cypress

evestor1
AJ02 said:

Our heater decided to crap out overnight. Awesome.

Time to quit it all and just live in a hotel.
Snipes
AG
17 degrees here in memorial.

Havent walked outside but i dont see river flowing down my drive so hopefully no pipe breaking.

I am drained all the pipes last night though.

Was really nice to go to sleep last night and not stress about pipe breaking like i did in 2021.

Don't understand all the crapping on draining pipes, its not that big of a deal going without water for day and half.
AJ02
AG
I don't mind the cold. Not overly concerned about it (no olds or kids here).

But I just don't want the lack of heat to exacerbate an issue with frozen pipes in some way. We left our cabinet doors open below the sinks and dripped them, but we'll see. And I don't want the repair bill either.
spider96
AG
15 currently here in The Woodlands
evestor1
I'm enjoying the hell out of this weather bc I have power (and generator worked for the 1 hour power delay we had)

Totally different than the Great Freeze of 21
TX04Aggie
AG
Saw where a metrobus hit a transformer on washington avenue last night knocking out power to all the apartments and HEB. Classic…. Dang it ERCOT!! /sarc
maroon10
AG
16 in Katy. Feels like 1. No thank you!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Well i wrapped every pipe i could find but still no water this morning. Guess i should have dripped, unless other westburyans can confirm a city issue
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
the wind on the drive to work this morning was blowing my car all over the road.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Don't understand all the crapping on draining pipes, its not that big of a deal going without water for day and half.

Pier & beam house. Dripping failed in URI, so we drained on advice from plumber a few doors down.

Turned off last night, may turn on this afternoon, worse case scenario it'a noon tomorrow. So maybe 12 hours in the house with no water. Hardly the end of the world
Dill-Ag13
AG
For record keeping… cold as sheeeyat. In The Woodlands

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.