Houston
Sponsored by

Icepocalypse watch 2022/2023

175,002 Views | 1531 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jock 07
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They were pretty bad all night long. This morning it seems to be back to normal from a cell service perspective but a lot of areas still don't have power so that might be why its hard to get a hold of them if they werent able to charge up.

Let me know if you cant reach them still. I am at the office, but I can run over there this afternoon.
rangerdanger
AG
Cromagnum said:

Biggun south of Beaumont earlier. Lots of dumbasses driving right into it too.

That white mustang gave 0 bothers.
aTm2004
AG
That was a Challenger, and he probably remembers ol' boy from Austin a year or so ago that got a new truck from it, so he was hoping he could get Mopar to upgrade him to a Hellcat.
CFTXAG10
AG

Petrino1
Cromagnum said:

Some of the damage reminds me of the Channelview F4 tornado that hit back in the early 90s.
The Space City guys said yesterday was the most destructive tornado since the 1992 Channelview tornados. I was living in Channelview at the time as a kid.
Cromagnum
AG
ea1060 said:

Cromagnum said:

Some of the damage reminds me of the Channelview F4 tornado that hit back in the early 90s.
The Space City guys said yesterday was the most destructive tornado since the 1992 Channelview tornados. I was living in Channelview at the time as a kid.

Yeah. I was helping my parents set up for a company event at Lyondell at the Channelview site that day. We finished setting up, then went home to clean up and grab a bite before coming back. Then all hell broke loose and we didn't realize what all happened besides a storm. Those neighborhoods were tore up bad.
sts7049
AG
i was a kid during those those 92 ones, that day we were out i think in Cypress somewhere with the soccer team i played on. i remember storms coming in and frantically getting into the car trying to rush home dodging twisters. crazy stuff.
Cromagnum
AG
Now that this mess is over with, there is talk of icepocalypse round 2 for the end of next week. Too early to say whether that will play out yet.
cone
AG
how cold does it have to get to be an icepocalypse?
dallasag00
AG
Back to the ice forecasting!
WES2006AG
AG
cone said:

31.9 F
Tom Cardy
AG
Cromagnum said:

Now that this mess is over with, there is talk of icepocalypse round 2 for the end of next week. Too early to say whether that will play out yet.

I haven't seen much outside of the Canadian being pretty aggressive, most models are just looking like a freeze into the mid-high 20s. Space city mentioned the possibility in today's post as well, but not of another true arctic blast
HtownAg92
AG
WES2006AG said:

cone said:

31.9 F
Correct. 32 degrees is only an Arctic Assault.

cone
AG
will this kill the plants that are already dead?
sts7049
AG
cone said:

will this kill the plants that are already dead?
they'll be deader than the dead skin falling from SJL's pedegg
Cromagnum
AG
Ohthatsnasty.gif
Fitch
AG

cone
AG
classic teleconnection
Ol_Ag_02
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

They were pretty bad all night long. This morning it seems to be back to normal from a cell service perspective but a lot of areas still don't have power so that might be why its hard to get a hold of them if they werent able to charge up.

Let me know if you cant reach them still. I am at the office, but I can run over there this afternoon.

Appreciate the offer. Was able to talk her this morning.
AustinCountyAg
so do we cancel school for next week now, or wait until Sunday?
Tom Cardy
AG
You forgot to post Joe's speculation about the changing shape of earth's core having impacts on our weather
cone
AG
a very stable genius
schmellba99
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

so do we cancel school for next week now, or wait until Sunday?

If you are doing it right, you cancel on Monday right after everybody has dropped off their kids. Say around 9am. Parents love that ish.
. . .
Ag_07
AG
For anyone unfamiliar with the Fujita scale

HtownAg92
AG
Ag_07 said:

For anyone unfamiliar with the Fujita scale

I saw the aftermath of the EF4 that hit Mayflower, Arkansas in 2014. We drove through there a few days after and it was mind-blowing. Steel beams twisted and bent like pretzels. Entire town flattened.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Cromagnum said:

I like the guy with his hazards on driving straight into the tornado.
suburban cowboy
AG
I drove across the Fred Hartman during the middle of this thing yesterday around 2:40pm
plowboy1065
S
That tornado from Deer Park apparently made it all the way to Nome and took out some very good friends property. Wife and kids were in the house and a guy that works for them was in the barn

plowboy1065
S
Cromagnum said:

I'm pretty sure this is happened on the west side of Nome and the tornado is crossing Hwy 90. It's not near busy enough for I-10 and Hwy 90 would match up with my buddies place getting hit. They found large amounts of tin from his barn scattered across Hwy 90 over a mile away. This would have crossed in the area they call Felicia halfway between Nome and Devers

Edit-this very well could be east of Winnie on Hwy 73 around Labelle Rd. Just spoke with someone that said there was a touchdown that came through that area and continued on towards Orange
Sea Speed
AG
I was told one touched down near mauriceville, so that tracks somewhat. Still several thousand hoiseholds without power as of yesterday afternoon.
Cromagnum
AG
Nome might have gotten a different one. The video said this one was in Taylor Landing which is due south of Beaumont along 73.
CFTXAG10
AG
Sea Speed said:

I was told one touched down near mauriceville, so that tracks somewhat. Still several thousand hoiseholds without power as of yesterday afternoon.
We are one of them. Still no power as of this morning. Centerpoint was giving an estimated time of 9pm last night but that disappeared. Now it just says "crews assessing" . I will say there are a sh** ton of centerpoint linemen and backups with boots on the ground so that is encouraging.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea we are in a holding pattern for some things to get done until power is back and it is really jamming me up. Really hoping it is back on today.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Hope you guys get power back soon.

This is nuts:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.