Houston
Sponsored by

Icepocalypse watch 2022/2023

175,012 Views | 1531 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jock 07
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope this forecast is true
CDUB98
AG
TarponChaser said:

maroon barchetta said:

CDUB98 said:

gougler08 said:

Just in time for Christmas!

Eff me. Going to my parents' place in Amarillo for Christmas this year.

Pack for a week.

Bring some canned food and bottled water.

And all the bleach you can carry

Have a truck, so I'll bring an entire pallet.
Serotonin
AG
CDUB98 said:

You get 4 seasons
Are we talking about Amarillo, VT? Or...?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Looks like Christmas in the Tine is gonna be...

CHEEL-LY

Cromagnum
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Looks like Christmas in the Tine is gonna be...

CHEEL-LY

Yo mama so fat, that when she heard it was chilly outside, she grabbed a spoon.
Booma94
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Pack for a week.

Bring some canned food and bottled water.
Don't forget toilet paper. Even though most people around Amarillo have outhouses and use corncobs or magazine pages.
wessimo
AG
Update

Cromagnum
AG

CDUB98
AG
Agasaurus Tex
AG
GFS model currently shows no ice or snow near Houston thru Christmas Eve.
Al Bula
AG
Always ready for a good weather dork fight on the Houston board!
CDUB98
AG
David Happymountain said:

Always ready for a good weather dork fight on the Houston board!

Come at me bro!!
rilloaggie
AG
CDUB98 said:

I really do miss that versus the oppressive heat and humidity of Houston, but I don't have much of a desire to move back there.

I always say, it's a good place to be from. No idea what adults do there for fun.

I miss the cold nights, even when it's 100 during the day you get a break. My least favorite thing about houston are the nights it barely gets below 80.

The cold weather packing tips have me laughing. Anytime I drive to the scrilla in the winter my mom recommends packing blankets, candles, and peanut butter so I can survive in the event I get entombed in a snow drift for days.
94chem
aTm2004 said:

Sea Speed said:

Related, but I bought a home with a sprinkler system for the first time ever and will be going out of town for a while. Isn't there some stuff I need to do?

Go turn off the water at the back flow preventer today, then turn the screw near it (little nipple things on the left of the image below) so the water in the lines drains/shoots out. I take an old towel and wrap it around it and then tape it on, and then cover the whole thing with a large garbage bag to keep it dry. Has worked well for 12 years and 2 houses.

I don't have one of those thingies. My sprinkler worked fine after the last winter storm.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
gif
Cromagnum said:

schmellba99
AG
If you dont have a BFP on your sprinkler system, its not installed correctly
94chem
schmellba99 said:

IDK. Maybe it's underground? Or maybe I don't have one. I suspect my sprinkler lines are cleaner than the supply lines anyway.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
BrazosDog02
AG
It's basically a device you have to eat the cost of the keep the city's subpar mechanical systems that are prone to failure from creating an issue where your sprinkler system siphons dog turd steeped water back into the supply.

I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone should be filtering their water anyway and it's not like it's going taste any worse.
AMW2010
AG
I wish this forecast had some legs to it, but with 0 talk anywhere else this far out… it's probably gonna be in the 80's for Christmas, let's just be honest
BrazosDog02
AG
Harvey was about the only serious weather situation that validated more than a week out and even that was 9 days. 15 days is still a serious guessing game by the models with limited and erroneous data feeding it. **** in equals **** out. It's going to bounce around until it has enough data to start to converge on a solution.

No serious or self respecting meteorologist is going to do anything more than keep part of one eye on it for now. It's a non issue for now.
Martin Q. Blank
self respecting meteorologist
StillNotAnAggie
Cromagnum said:

We'll call it Winter Storm Carla.
https://www.instagram.com/r/Catny5juO2-/
StillNotAnAggie
StillNotAnAggie said:

Cromagnum said:

We'll call it Winter Storm Carla.
https://instagr.am/p/Catny5juO2-
Ezra Brooks
AG
94chem said:

schmellba99 said:

IDK. Maybe it's underground? Or maybe I don't have one. I suspect my sprinkler lines are cleaner than the supply lines anyway.
You live in Kingwood and your system was installed before COH annexation - so it wasn't required....neither of my two houses in Kingwood have had a BFP.
cena05
AG
I got a water softener installed this year and it sits outside. Any of y'all have ideas to protect it? Was thinking of covering with a tarp and using a heat lamp, if I have power of course.
redag06
Moving blanket wrapped around it, with one of these wrapped on it underneath the blanket. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-12-ft-Electric-Heat-Cable-Kit-HC12A/100032792
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Bypass it, then drain it. Probably still wrapping with a big blanket is a good idea. Some kind of heat source is not a bad idea either. Drop lights with old incandescent bulbs worked well. Not sure how to find those anymore.
aTm2004
AG
Buy an electric blanket to wrap around it, then put a tarp loosely over that.
Agz_2003
AG
https://twitter.com/BigJoe*******i/status/1601218312418971648?s=20&t=qvWtI3TTRGwJnTXyWzog5Q

https://twitter.com/BigJoe*******i/status/1601266787710275589?s=20&t=qvWtI3TTRGwJnTXyWzog5Q

Ag_07
AG
Let me know when a 5 day forecast with something to fret over comes out.

Forecasts this far out are about as useful as a knitted condom.
The Porkchop Express
maroon barchetta said:

aTm2004 said:

I remember the snow on Christmas Eve in 2004. Would love to have it again.

Best Christmas ever. That was fantastic.
My grandmother (RIP) had hosted Christmas Eve at her house from the mid 1960s. She announced on Christmas Even 2004 at age 84 that it was going to be her last one, and when we opened the door to start leaving, it was snowing outside. Unreal memory.
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

Buy an electric blanket to wrap around it, then put a tarp loosely over that.
Even if there is some sort of freeze, how f'ing cold do we think it is going to get to have to use external heat to supplement a regular pipe wrap?
aTm2004
AG
I'm thinking about a repeat of what we had in '21.
maroon barchetta
The Porkchop Express said:

maroon barchetta said:

aTm2004 said:

I remember the snow on Christmas Eve in 2004. Would love to have it again.

Best Christmas ever. That was fantastic.
My grandmother (RIP) had hosted Christmas Eve at her house from the mid 1960s. She announced on Christmas Even 2004 at age 84 that it was going to be her last one, and when we opened the door to start leaving, it was snowing outside. Unreal memory.

We couldn't go to sleep. My neighbor and I were playing out in the street like little kids.

The next morning we went straight outside. Didn't open gifts until probably 11am and my son was young at the time and he didn't care about presents, he wanted to play in the snow!

We then went to Galveston to see my mom and saw snowmen on the sea wall. It was memorable.
Al Bula
AG
Ah yes, the white Christmas of 2004 on the gulf coat was ruined for many Aggie fans a week later when Fran's team had its sh t pushed in by UT in the Cotton Bowl.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.