BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,369 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Runway Seven in Century Square is closed.
mwm
I won't be going for their BBQ. I'll be going for the fried chicken.
Collectonian
According to KBTX, Conn's Appliances will be moving in to the old Sears location at Post Oak, after renovation. Lease signed this week and they already have the permits for the remodeling and new signs/ The exact open date not revealed yet.

rocketscience
AG
Did Minuti close? They have a sign on the door saying they would be closed for the holidays but they are still closed. I peeked in the window today and their pastry display case and coffee equipment were gone.
MS08
AG
Wouldn't surprise me. Seemed like an inevitable outcome for them
dgonzo99
Work has begun on the new Chick-Fil-A in West Bryan in front of SuperWalmart.
One Louder
AG
Per one of the partners in the Another Broken Egg franchise at Jones Crossing, they're opening March 2.
Captn_Ag05
AG
That's a shame. I enjoyed their coffee.
James Russell
AG
Had lunch at Jersey Mike's today, and they told me that they are working on opening a Jones Crossing location later this year.
happyinBCS
Jersey Mikes has the best Philly Cheesesteak hands down and the folks there are so nice
Captn_Ag05
AG
Jones Crossing is getting close to being fully leased. I wonder if they will start some of the additional phases soon?
RGRAg1/75
AG
This pleases me.
bcstx06
I have heard that Jersey Mikes is going into Jones Crossing also.

I guess Big Shots Golf can almost surly be added as coming to the new Bryan Midtown regional park. We should here some official news soon!
Rex Racer
AG
I visited a friend this weekend that works for H-E-B in San Antonio that confirms we are getting a new store. I have her looking to confirm location.
One Louder
AG
Today is the last day of business for Spoons at Texas and Harvey. According to the employee working the register today, their other two locations will remain open.
MS08
AG
Land being cleared (I'm assuming for development) between Lincoln and East Tarrow with parking lot frontage there behind Abuelos, etc. Have been wondering about this piece of land for a long time as it's everything you would want for development. I think Scarmado is a part of the ownership entity.

Anybody know much of anything?
Tailgate88
AG
I thought I posted this earlier but can't find it. Does anyone know what is going in at the corner of Wellborn Rd. and Victoria (formerly Greens Prairie Rd.) in Wellborn? There used to be a house there but now it's a vacant lot with a bunch of piles of dirt ready to be spread..
JMac03
AG
Just yesterday I was wondering how long that location and Swirls (old Yogurtland) would be open. I used to go all the time. Now I go maybe 1-2x a year.
AggieBarstool
rocketscience said:

Did Minuti close? They have a sign on the door saying they would be closed for the holidays but they are still closed. I peeked in the window today and their pastry display case and coffee equipment were gone.
Well, that makes me sad. It was the best place to get a decent cup of coffee close to campus. Seems like that location would kill it, too, given the proximity of students upstairs.
AggieBarstool
One Louder said:

Today is the last day of business for Spoons at Texas and Harvey. According to the employee working the register today, their other two locations will remain open.
Whoa! That explains a lot. Went there Saturday for soft-serve and half their machines were "out of order." Makes sense now.

I wonder why they're closing... again? Seems like a great location that was constantly busy.
halibut sinclair
Captn_Ag05
AG
Rex Racer said:

I visited a friend this weekend that works for H-E-B in San Antonio that confirms we are getting a new store. I have her looking to confirm location.
Give us this information when you get it. If so, HEB is really going all in on the BCS market.
Captn_Ag05
AG
MS08 said:

Land being cleared (I'm assuming for development) between Lincoln and East Tarrow with parking lot frontage there behind Abuelos, etc. Have been wondering about this piece of land for a long time as it's everything you would want for development. I think Scarmado is a part of the ownership entity.

Anybody know much of anything?
The re-imagining of University Towne Center will transform College Station's dominant dining destination into a pedestrian friendly shopping and entertainment district. The project will expand to over 200,000 square feet to increase offerings and provide a gathering place for locals, students and visitors alike.

The re-imagining of University Towne Center will transform College Station's dominant dining destination into a pedestrian friendly shopping and entertainment district. The project will expand to over 200,000 square feet to increase offerings and provide a gathering place for locals, students and visitors alike.

+/- 53,900 SF of Retail
+/- 15,000 SF of Grocery
+/- 52,800 SF Restaurant
+/- 105 Units of Multi-Family

Brochure

Ajollyag
Rex Racer said:

*Insert "Wellll..... we're waiting" gif*
MS08
AG
Thanks, Cap. I'll look this University Towne Center stuff up. Would be very interested to be a part of the multi-family side of things. Tried to take a look at brochure but link did not direct me to anything. Catch up later!
jeffk
AG
Try La Gabriella over on East Gate.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Try this link

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/pyp3sCXIG9aNFUD5AF1aKOHHs5NSMOem9EpIICXrxc8/document.pdf
bcstx06
What is up with the MasFajitas going in the old Dickie's BBQ building? It looks like they stopped the remodel a long time ago.
MS08
AG
Yessir, actually found it after doing some searches for university town center in CS. Holding the infant so good way to pass the time. Thanks for the reply!
war hymn aggie
AG
Marco's pizza going in on University Drive next to WingStop & across the parking lot from Go Co.
MiMi
S
South College Station Dental coming to Towerpoint, next to Brazos Valley Animal Hospital & Pet Resort on Arrington Rd (across from Gold's Gym). https://southcollegestationdental.com/
Rex Racer
AG
ajolly said:

Rex Racer said:

*Insert "Wellll..... we're waiting" gif*

Sent a text to remind her.
MiMi
S
Southerns is having their 3-day grand opening events starting tonight.

Southerns Grand Opening
ChampsAg
About six months away but there will be a new tavern in Navasota on Railroad Street.

Red Board Tavern & Table

Owners also opening a hotel next door.
techno-ag
AG
MiMi said:

Southerns is having their 3-day grand opening events starting tonight.

Southerns Grand Opening

Live music in Post Oak Mall. Well alright!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.