BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,388 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Geralt of Rivia said:

australopithecus robustus said:

another Burger Mojo going to Holleman and 2818
Awesome! This is on my way to and from work!
I can confirm that we (Burger Mojo) are putting our second location there at Holleman and Harvey Mitchell Pkwy as mentioned.

I can also confirm that we will be doing the same free fresh brewed What's the Buzz coffee with purchase for breakfast that we do at flagship Mojo!

Thank you BCS for the support, especially during these times. It's not been easy for our industry and so many others to survive. We appreciate everything so much and we don't take it for granted!
m3prsive
Looks like Phase 11 of Pebble Creek is starting to get cleared off of Rock Prairie road next to Lick Creek Crossing. Doesn't seem like its LCC looking at the PC future development map.
tb9665
I saw in the Eagle that Rapid Express Car Wash is building in Rudder's Landing. This is to open summer 2021. I believe that this is the 3rd location.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
But will you have the strawberry tarts at the new location? This is vital information.
Costa and Andreas
You'll have to try us out and see!
histag10
AG
Yall give free coffee with breakfast purchases? I wish i had known this....
Sub4
AG

Contact in the City says Costco to College Station midtown. Likely 18-24 Months out.

Not that y'all will believe me anyway, but here I said it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Midtown College Station? Well, that old Randall's has been empty for 20 years now...
The Brazos Kid
GiveEmHellBill said:

Midtown College Station? Well, that old Randall's has been empty for 20 years now...
Midtown is on east side of 6 between Rock Prairie and Fitch.
FlyRod
https://www.charliemacsburgers.com/menu

Cmac's burger and donuts truck is open. Stopped by today after an eye appt. at Urban Optics but they are closed Mondays.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod said:

https://www.charliemacsburgers.com/menu

Cmac's burger and donuts truck is open. Stopped by today after an eye appt. at Urban Optics but they are closed Mondays.

Lucky you!
FlyRod
Costa and Andreas
histag10 said:

Yes! Although we've had locally renowned What's the Buzz coffee since day 1, we started the free coffee promo probably 6-8 weeks ago. So, you haven't missed out on that much time of free coffee!

I suppose what I'm saying is that it's not too late to enjoy the promo as we have no plans to stop any time soon, as it has been extremely well received.

We plan on a new menu iteration to coincide with the Mojo 2 opening, That said, we have some surprises in the pipeline.

We also have added flavored iced coffee off-menu as well. You have to inquire, as we will not be updating the physical menu until the aforementioned next iteration.
Collectonian
CBL, the owner of Post Oak and other malls, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to deal with $4.5 billion in debt. They have said that the malls will remain open and business will continue as usual.

First saw it reported by KAGS, but Yahoo has a more detailed report
JMac03
AG
Billions. Holy crap.
BQ_90
AG
That's over 100 properties owned by the company
techno-ag
AG
Collectonian said:

CBL, the owner of Post Oak and other malls, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to deal with $4.5 billion in debt. They have said that the malls will remain open and business will continue as usual.

First saw it reported by KAGS, but Yahoo has a more detailed report
We were talking about that this summer and possible impacts. More news items in this thread if anyone is interested:
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3115894
amanda04
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

histag10 said:

Yes! Although we've had locally renowned What's the Buzz coffee since day 1, we started the free coffee promo probably 6-8 weeks ago. So, you haven't missed out on that much time of free coffee!

I suppose what I'm saying is that it's not too late to enjoy the promo as we have no plans to stop any time soon, as it has been extremely well received.

We plan on a new menu iteration to coincide with the Mojo 2 opening, That said, we have some surprises in the pipeline.

We also have added flavored iced coffee off-menu as well. You have to inquire, as we will not be updating the physical menu until the aforementioned next iteration.

I love Burger Mojo but agree with histag. I stopped in for a breakfast burrito the other week, coming in the backway from Bryan. There was no mention of free coffee on the menu or by the person taking the order. It was only when I was driving the opposite way on University later that I saw it on that side of the sign. I would assume it's not supposed to be a "secret deal" since it's being advertised on the sign but perhaps you could have your staff mention it when people are ordering or add something to the menu denoting such because I love What's the Buzz coffee and will probably increase breakfast purchases there because of it as I'm sure others would too.
Costa and Andreas
amanda04 said:

Costa and Andreas said:

histag10 said:

I love Burger Mojo but agree with histag. I stopped in for a breakfast burrito the other week, coming in the backway from Bryan. There was no mention of free coffee on the menu or by the person taking the order. It was only when I was driving the opposite way on University later that I saw it on that side of the sign. I would assume it's not supposed to be a "secret deal" since it's being advertised on the sign but perhaps you could have your staff mention it when people are ordering or add something to the menu denoting such because I love What's the Buzz coffee and will probably increase breakfast purchases there because of it as I'm sure others would too.

Absolutely noted! It's been on our social media several times but I'm sure our staff training to make mention could be improved. I don't intend to put it on the menu anywhere as it's already so crowded and it may be finite in nature.

If the promo becomes so huge that we cannot afford to stop it, then we will have to give serious consideration to memorializing it on the menu!
amanda04
AG
Thanks for the reply! I will be sure and ask for it in the future. (And now that I know, you can totally make it a secret deal because I will definitely be returning to take advantage of it. )
FlyRod
Madden's is closing.
AggieBaseball06
AG
FlyRod said:

Madden's is closing.

I'm curious to see what new restaurant Chef Tai opens in that spot on Jan 2...
Collectonian
FlyRod said:

Madden's is closing.
Oh nooo :-(
trouble
AG
Well, their lease is up so that's unlikely
BryanPooch
We hadn't been to Madden's since COVID-19 struck in March. But we wouldn't have gone anyway. The food had gotten increasingly meh since early 2019 with many old standbys such as crab cakes deteriorating with each small change. The quiches also seemed off like the original baker was gone. Dinner held up a bit better but we were less likely to remember when it was open at our advanced years.
BryanPooch
australopithecus robustus
Sadly, there will likely continue to be more closings of full service restaurants, particularly this genre. Between draconian measures from the State, public fear driven by media etc. it makes perfect sense. Unprecedented times. Hopefully over soon.
The Anchor
AG
To each their own. My wife and I used to go once a month for lunch. It was fantastic every time. I hope he does well with another concept.
Collectonian
Per a post on Facebook, the owner of Fatburger Grill on Wellborn Road is retiring. The business will be sold. No word on whether it will stay open during the transition.

Also, Mad Melt has opened Friday.
BQ_90
AG
So at soccer they said a brookshire Brothers is going across from Kyle Field????!!!!
AggieBaseball06
AG
BQ_90 said:

So at soccer they said a brookshire Brothers is going across from Kyle Field????!!!!
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/New-Kyle-Field-themed-grocery-store-being-built-near-campus-557878691.html
BQ_90
AG
Thanks. Is it replacing the intramural fields or is it on track and field side
Aggie@state.gov
AG
its in the empty lot in front of park west apts. there is a sign on G Bush showing right where its gonna go.
bcstx06
That Brookshire Brother's near Kyle Field was announced over a year ago. Maybe it's not happening anymore more or it's been delayed because of COVID.
TommyBrady
AG
The building framework is complete and continuing. It slowed down from Covid but is continuing and should be pretty cool once it is finished
AggieTeacher06
AG
I went a few weeks ago and was extremely disappointed. I waited a long time for cold food and was one of two customers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.