BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,343 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great news! Glad to see Cmac back.
Geralt of Rivia
S
halibut sinclair said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Stover Brothers had probably the best greasy burger I've ever had.

SB was awful. Margie's or Top of the Hill is where it's at for a greasy burger.

I haven't been to Margie's in a few years. I keep telling myself that I need to go back, but it's just out of the way for me most of the time
The Brazos Kid
Had a burger from Margie's last week for the first time. Very tasty. The new CMac venture is right around the corner from my home-20 so it will definitely make the batting order.
halibut sinclair
Going to have a Sexy Pimp during First Friday tomorrow. They could use your support.
CharlieMac
halibut sinclair said:

Going to have a Sexy Pimp during First Friday tomorrow. They could use your support.

I agree!! Please support them! I LOVE Margies and think the Wagers are incredible people! There new remodel is awesome!
Anonymous Source
S
Top of The Hill is the area's best greasy burger.
I've never tried Margie's, but I may put it on the list for tonight at First Friday.
Gig 'Em
CharlieMac
It's a tough time for most restaurants. All the burger places and restaurants, in general, mentioned on this forum, need your support.
ratfacemcdougal
Word is Must Be Heaven on Rock Prairie is closing oct 10
trouble
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

But the 2 Bryan locations are staying open
MsDoubleD81
AG
Nooooooo!
frito bandito
ratfacemcdougal said:

IMHO, not a good location in that there is no drive through, parking is tight, small dining room and very dependent on visitors/staff of the former Med for customers. Seems like that area has lost lots of its medical offices; i could be very wrong.
Collectonian
Saw a coming soon sign for Drew's Car Wash is now up at Elm and Texas, at the old WRI Outdoors location.
Look Out Below
AG
Add to that, the hours are bad for working people (closes at 6 p.m. M-F) and the property maintenance has more than left something to be desired in this location (dirty; been in there multiple times with ac/heat out). Went in there one time 20-25 minutes before closing and they had already locked the doors! This is all way before Covid.

I LOVE Must Be Heaven. Easily one of my favorite places in town but man they have got to get some of these things fixed.
Hottrawd
They (FedEx on Longmire) built a new large shipping center on Lakeway Dr south of Lowes about 1/4-1/2 mile.
MiMi
S
Quote:

They (FedEx on Longmire) built a new large shipping center on Lakeway Dr south of Lowes about 1/4-1/2 mile.
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3138612
FlyRod
I am actually sincerely glad to see Cmac back in the game. And sincerely curious what will be same/different re this burger venture.
MiMi
S
I'm not sure of the official opening date and his Facebook page and website haven't been launched yet, but the name of his new (mobile) concept is 'CharlieMac's Burger and Donuts Kitchen.'
mgreen
Welcome back Charlue Mac.
tb9665
I have been waiting for Drews to open. New equipment, new everything will be great.
JMac03
AG
Apparently Lupas Coffee is now a second location for Gogh Gogh. They posted about it in the BCS Meals group on FB. Old signs still up.
J182
AG
Anonymous Source said:

Top of The Hill is the area's best greasy burger.
I've never tried Margie's, but I may put it on the list for tonight at First Friday.
I feel like I am the only person that doesn't care much for TOTH.
I've had Margie's a couple of times and really enjoyed it.
Stover Bros. reminds of college. I remember me and friends going to Village Foods for a burger which was always weird. Stoked to try it again!
👽
FlyRod
I think, quite seriously, that you might be the only person who doesn't care for TOTH.

Sorry if I missed this one but did Sheila's Homestyle Chicken and More just open, or did it open awhile ago? Their "drunken tenders" look quite appetizing.
halibut sinclair
Quote:

Sorry if I missed this one but did Sheila's Homestyle Chicken and More just open, or did it open awhile ago? Their "drunken tenders" look quite appetizing.
I think it just opened a while ago!
Flatlander
There's a sign up for 'Last Shot Xpresso' in the former CiCi's location in front of the Lowe's in South CS.
FlyRod
Minuti Coffee (formerly at Northpoint) is reopening in the old Starbucks location near Texas Roadhouse and that whole strip.
KidDoc
AG
Flatlander said:

There's a sign up for 'Last Shot Xpresso' in the former CiCi's location in front of the Lowe's in South CS.
This is Floyd Raven's newest venture- just FYI.

Nice guy hope it works.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
atm86
AG
BTW there will then be THREE water towers in CS. Tower Point, HEB - Holleman, S&W (under construction)
Geralt of Rivia
S
atm86 said:

BTW there will then be THREE water towers in CS. Tower Point, HEB - Holleman, S&W (under construction)

Is the Wellborn water tower in the city limits now?
AggiePhil
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

atm86 said:

Is the Wellborn water tower in the city limits now?

There are two Wellborn towers. I know the old one is for sure.
PS3D
Don't forget the smaller one near Castlegate.
texasaggiegirl04
AG
The Wellborn water tower and the one near Castlegate are part of Wellborn SUD. They might be in College Station city limits but they are not part of the College Station water.
bcstx06
When did the Wendy's on Holleman and 2818 close?
Tailgate88
AG
Sign up next to Zoner's Pizza that says "Coming soon: BlueFin Sushi Fusion" or something similar.. not sure if it is replacing it or going in next door.
theNetSmith
AG
texasaggiegirl04 said:

The Wellborn water tower and the one near Castlegate are part of Wellborn SUD. They might be in College Station city limits but they are not part of the College Station water.
not only that, but Wellborn water actually tastes like water.
toolshed
AG
First Watch is expanding into the space that Howies Pizza had on the S end of the building. More seating, they mentioned a bar, not sure if that's like alcohol bar or dinner bar concept. More outdoor seating out front.

They need the space for sure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.