BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,361 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Collectonian said:

Jones Crossing I Heart Mac and Cheese has pushed back their opening (again). Now scheduled for January 29th...not off to a promising start there...
Either that or they're working hard to get it right.
ChampsAg
CFA on Briarcrest will close March 5 for the remodel
rsgatlin
Nappanee, Indiana NTA Inc. - Major employer coming to Bryan

Anyone have more information about NTA?
halibut sinclair
https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/building-safety-firm-nta-inc-breaks-ground-on-bryan-campus/article_3e09c026-a852-11e9-aef9-d3f3f1ce089e.html

From the article - is 50-60 jobs over the next 5 years considered a major employer?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Snooze (https://snoozeeatery.com/) announced for Chimney Hill development.
Captn_Ag05
AG
With La Madeleine, Snooze, and Another Broken Egg coming, the breakfast and brunch game in town is really heating up.
ChampsAg
They will do fire testing for manufacturing companies
ChampsAg
They will be doing fire testing for manufacturing companies
chickencoupe16
AG
ChampsAg said:

They will be doing fire testing for manufacturing companies
Yeah, but what do they do?
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

With La Madeleine, Snooze, and Another Broken Egg coming, the breakfast and brunch game in town is really heating up.
Burger Mojo too.
ag009
AG
Cannot wait for the West Bryan CFA!
Tom Turbiville
Do you know what's the deal with Tad's by Loews in CS? The empty lot sat there for 2 years with a Coming Soon sign. Then last summer they started
Construction and finished a parking lot and a slab and beams. Now there's been no activity for about 3 months. Are they coming or not.
KidDoc
AG
Tom Turbiville said:

Do you know what's the deal with Tad's by Loews in CS? The empty lot sat there for 2 years with a Coming Soon sign. Then last summer they started
Construction and finished a parking lot and a slab and beams. Now there's been no activity for about 3 months. Are they coming or not.
They have announced they are starting construction again "after the new year" but it is still sitting vacant.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tailgate88
AG
Tom Turbiville said:

Per the "Tad's of College Station" Facebook page:

Quote:

Yes we are still building in college station construction will start back after the holidays!
AggiePhil
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Tom Turbiville said:

Quote:

Yes we are still building in college station construction will start back after the holidays!

Maybe they were referring to Memorial Day.
histag10
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Tom Turbiville said:

Quote:

Start back? What do they consider construction? I didnt know anything had been started before besides putting up a "coming soon" sign
MS08
AG
This is awesome! Place is always packed!
D_Wag97
AG
Saw a work crew at Tad's today. Not sure what they were doing, but looked to be starting up again.
ChampsAg
Tad's has also posted that they are having a crawfish boil there. Think it's on Facebook.
dallasiteinsa02
Went to snooze in Denver. It is really good and we need another centrally located breakfast place.
dave99ag
AG
Snooze will be a great breakfast addition to the community. I've been to several and always good quality. My wife was VERY excited to hear the news!
Collectonian
A new Domino's opened December 28th at 900 Harvey Road i.e. Post Oak Village. I didn't see anything about it in the 2019 thread. This location is different from other Domino's, per KAGS, in that it has a lobby, indoor seating for up to 35 people, and a viewing area where you can watch them make the pizzas.

According to KAGS, we have now have 6 Domino's locations
Collectonian
Big Dawg's Facebook is saying they closed in September.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Collectonian said:

Big Dawg's Facebook is saying they closed in September.

It says they are closing the old location, but to look them up if you're in College Station.
johnnyblaze36
AG
What's the story on Z Bar and Bistro? I worked at that Loupot's in college and have been forever amazed that the city has allowed that space to remain a dilapidated eyesore for so long or that nobody with capital has opened a business there.

If I had the means I would have wanted to open up a barcade on the first floor and live music on the second floor. Such prime real estate.
techno-ag
AG
WRI Tractor has a "coming soon" sign up near the Tabor Road exit on the bypass. Looks like that exit will become the tractor turnpike for Brazos County with two other dealerships already over there.
snaglepuss
Yeah and that new equipment rental going in across the highway from there. Sunbelt or Sun something.
LastHamlet
AG
I wish we had a Captain Benny's or a Captain Tom's for fried shrimp, catfish, and flounder. They would blow shipwreck grill out of the water.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Snooze (https://snoozeeatery.com/) announced for Chimney Hill development.

Their menu sounds amazing.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Taco Cabana on Texas in College Station is closing as part of a scaling back effort by the company.
AggieBarstool
Captn_Ag05 said:

Looking forward to Snooze. It's a concept I've never seen before.

Though exciting for the community, I'm ambivalent to La Madeleine and ABE. Both were largely unimpressive last time I ate there in Dallas.
AggieBarstool
Captn_Ag05 said:

Taco Cabana on Texas in College Station is closing as part of a scaling back effort by the company.
Whoa, really? I would have thought that place kills it given they're one of the few places open after the bar scene closes down.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I saw that the location on Lower Greenville in Dallas is also closing down. I would have thought they would do well after the bars close down also. I guess there isn't as much money in drunk food as I would have thought.
AgProgrammer
AG
The last two times we tried to go to the Taco Cabana in CS, the person at the register literally told us "you aren't in a rush are you? It's going to take at least 30 minutes". And I kid you not, there wasn't a single other person in the restaurant. I actually used to like that they were using real chicken breasts, grilled and cut up right in front of you. But the wait started to get ridiculous.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Having Fuego close by also probably didn't help them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.