BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

121,143 Views | 520 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by chickencoupe16
Sub4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking at the Brazos Cad, the owner of Bill Miller BBQ bought the taco Cabana property in June of 2018...
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Looking at the Brazos Cad, the owner of Bill Miller BBQ bought the taco Cabana property in June of 2018...
oh boy ... I don't know if this board can handle another BBQ debate
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sub4 said:

Looking at the Brazos Cad, the owner of Bill Miller BBQ bought the taco Cabana property in June of 2018...

I wouldn't read too much into it...Pappas had owned the Red Lobster pad a block down for years (even when it was still open I think) and ultimately nothing came of it.
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sub4 said:

Looking at the Brazos Cad, the owner of Bill Miller BBQ bought the taco Cabana property in June of 2018...


The Millers bought both Taco Cabana locations in June of 2018.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe it will be a chance for getting the In and Out some people have been wanting for so long. From what I remember when Natalie Ruiz last talked about it, they would only come to town if they could find a location near Texas and University and they had not been able to find a spot that worked for them.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pokeworks is having their grand opening on 1/25. BOGOs and other specials it looks like.
UmustBKidding
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Their website says now open. Could be but I don't venture to Century Square so no clue
https://www.pokeworks.com/college-station
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A really nice vineyard-inspired wedding venue is currently being built in Bryan called The Weinberg at Wixon Valley.






https://www.theweinbergatwixon.com/
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wowzers.
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Woah
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice!
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
High end restaurant group Roy's is looking for managers in the BCS area.
Where could they be putting a restaurant?

https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/college-station-general-manager-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,15_IC1139900_KO16,31.htm?jl=3414026583
https://www.roysrestaurant.com/
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Something(s) is going to be building in there next to the new Starbucks. By Primrose and Republic
_________________________________________________________
Nothing is getting fixed in D.C. until we get term limits for both the House and the Senate
rocketscience
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Something(s) is going to be building in there next to the new Starbucks. By Primrose and Republic
I believe that is the building Snooze will be in.
Collectonian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The William Fitch Frost Bank location has broken ground. Slated to be done by October.
Anonymous Source
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

Looking at the Brazos Cad, the owner of Bill Miller BBQ bought the taco Cabana property in June of 2018...
oh boy ... I don't know if this board can handle another BBQ debate

It's Bill Miller's and their BBQ sucks. Shouldn't be much of a debate
Gig 'Em
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bcstx06 said:

High end restaurant group Roy's is looking for managers in the BCS area.
Where could they be putting a restaurant?

https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/college-station-general-manager-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,15_IC1139900_KO16,31.htm?jl=3414026583
https://www.roysrestaurant.com/
The owners of this franchise also owns a lot of the Applebees in Texas. The position is for Applebees.
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

bcstx06 said:

High end restaurant group Roy's is looking for managers in the BCS area.
Where could they be putting a restaurant?

https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/college-station-general-manager-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,15_IC1139900_KO16,31.htm?jl=3414026583
https://www.roysrestaurant.com/
The owners of this franchise also owns a lot of the Applebees in Texas. The position is for Applebees.

Wow that is a let down. It almost like getting an Aldi's instead of a Trader Joes or you think you are getting a Del Frisco's and get Saltgrass.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BCS Cyro is going in one of the shopping centers between Kroger and the old Med. 1700 Rock Prarie Road.
agrab86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

bcstx06 said:

High end restaurant group Roy's is looking for managers in the BCS area.
Where could they be putting a restaurant?

https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/college-station-general-manager-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,15_IC1139900_KO16,31.htm?jl=3414026583
https://www.roysrestaurant.com/
The owners of this franchise also owns a lot of the Applebees in Texas. The position is for Applebees.

Wow that is a let down. It almost like getting an Aldi's instead of a Trader Joes or you think you are getting a Del Frisco's and get Saltgrass.
Aldi is awesome - great prices and neat (even if not large) selection. The one in Bryan is getting more and more business. Trader Joe's (owned by the other Aldi) is cool, too, but not any better than Aldi.
rocketscience
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed new leasing partners were put on the Century Square leasing signs in the front lots this week. The new leasing partner is Endeavor Real Estate Group out of Austin. If you're familiar with Austin they've developed Domain Northside, which is the part of the Domain that hasn't been bought out by Simon. I did a bit of digging on their website and found a leasing brochure that shows a site map of the buildings that will contain Velvet Taco and La Madeleine as well as the next phase (the corner of University and South College). This map is on page 12 of the linked document.

https://www.endeavor-re.com/assets/files/Endeavor_CenturySquare_Brochure-web.pdf
bushytailed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anonymous Source said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

Looking at the Brazos Cad, the owner of Bill Miller BBQ bought the taco Cabana property in June of 2018...
oh boy ... I don't know if this board can handle another BBQ debate

It's Bill Miller's and their BBQ sucks. Shouldn't be much of a debate

Why would you eat their bbq when you could get a pie and a bucket of tea?
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rocketscience said:

I noticed new leasing partners were put on the Century Square leasing signs in the front lots this week. The new leasing partner is Endeavor Real Estate Group out of Austin. If you're familiar with Austin they've developed Domain Northside, which is the part of the Domain that hasn't been bought out by Simon. I did a bit of digging on their website and found a leasing brochure that shows a site map of the buildings that will contain Velvet Taco and La Madeleine as well as the next phase (the corner of University and South College). This map is on page 12 of the linked document.

https://www.endeavor-re.com/assets/files/Endeavor_CenturySquare_Brochure-web.pdf


Nice find. This also confirms that the I heart Mac and cheese location will be next door to Harvest Coffee. The map also shows that the location next to I heart Mac and cheese has been leased, but it doesn't name the occupant. Also, there is a pretty large space shown as LOI being negotiated for part of the second development (in addition to velvet taco and la Madeleine). Interested in what that may be!
rodan85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJHajda said:

I noticed new leasing partners were put on the Century Square leasing signs in the front lots this week. The new leasing partner is Endeavor Real Estate Group out of Austin. If you're familiar with Austin they've developed Domain Northside, which is the part of the Domain that hasn't been bought out by Simon. I did a bit of digging on their website and found a leasing brochure that shows a site map of the buildings that will contain Velvet Taco and La Madeleine as well as the next phase (the corner of University and South College). This map is on page 12 of the linked document.

https://www.endeavor-re.com/assets/files/Endeavor_CenturySquare_Brochure-web.pdf
Interesting - they built out the commercial side in our Beltera neighborhood. I like the people, but they changed a lot tenants during the process. Their website map was constantly changing right up to the point it was completed.
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

Looking at the Brazos Cad, the owner of Bill Miller BBQ bought the taco Cabana property in June of 2018...
oh boy ... I don't know if this board can handle another BBQ debate

What debate? The one that ranks Bill Miller at the bottom of the BBQ food chain in Brazos County?
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Captn_Ag05 said:

Maybe it will be a chance for getting the In and Out some people have been wanting for so long. From what I remember when Natalie Ruiz last talked about it, they would only come to town if they could find a location near Texas and University and they had not been able to find a spot that worked for them.
I don't know... Eccell group seemed to figure it out with Burger Mojo...
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As for an update -- per the other thread, Tacos La Perlita just opened in the former Eskimo Hut location on Harvey.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?

AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapier108 said:



Sad, but not surprising.
MS08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have some friends getting married there in a few months. Excited to check it out!
CN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
iPho is having their grand opening on Thursday, January 23rd.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rumor has it that the Tilted Pint is opening Wednesday, 1/22.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wolf sanctuary moving to Grimes Co

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Wolf-sanctuary-moving-to-Brazos-Valley-567032741.html
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.