BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,326 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TLIAC said:

TXAGGIE10 said:

src94 said:

Nail salon?

Correct. Nail Salon
Seriously? That is a big building for a nail salon.

Lots of Hobbit feet after sheltering in place.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Lots of Hobbit feet after sheltering in place.
Can you imagine what the demand is going to be when these personal care places open back up? It may be a couple of weeks for the lines to go down. At least the TAMU students will have mostly gone home.
MiMi
S
There is a sign up announcing a nail salon, but I suspect they are just one of several tenants for the space.
BQ_90
AG
TLIAC said:

Any idea as to what is being built at the corner of Longmire and Graham?
On the opposite corner next to the school the eye clinic has broken ground
Wicked Good Ag
The Ranch is being sold it seems. Don't know if this was already posted
dgonzo99
A 31,186 square foot Southern Tire Mart location is proposed to be built in Bryan. Also, a 6,000 square foot retail center is proposed to built on Briarcrest.
techno-ag
AG
dgonzo99 said:

A 31,186 square foot Southern Tire Mart location is proposed to be built in Bryan. Also, a 6,000 square foot retail center is proposed to built on Briarcrest.
Hm. I wonder if they're moving. I thought Southern Tire Mart was the name of the one at the Tabor Rd. exit off the bypass.
Tailgate88
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

The Ranch is being sold it seems. Don't know if this was already posted

The Harley dealership? That will be the third or fourth change in ownership?
toolshed
AG
If this is based on the sign out front, I think it's just that the property is for sale, I think I recall a news story about it a while back.
dgonzo99
techno-ag said:

dgonzo99 said:

Hm. I wonder if they're moving. I thought Southern Tire Mart was the name of the one at the Tabor Rd. exit off the bypass.
I don't know if they are moving or doing a rebuild. It was listed on the Site Development site for Bryan.
halibut sinclair
dgonzo99 said:

Also, a 6,000 square foot retail center is proposed to built on Briarcrest.

Looks like where Oxford Street/Seafood Mama's used to be.
isitjustme
AG
halibut sinclair said:

dgonzo99 said:

Also, a 6,000 square foot retail center is proposed to built on Briarcrest.

Looks like where Oxford Street/Seafood Mama's used to be.

Be nice if they brought either one of thise back. We'd go again.
MiMi
S
Spice World (Asian market) has broken ground, finally, on Old Arrington Rd. Their 'Coming Soon' sign has been up longer that Tad's.
theNetSmith
AG
MiMi said:

Spice World (Asian market) has broken ground, finally, on Old Arrington Rd. Their 'Coming Soon' sign has been up longer that Tad's.
So, like.. 1992ish?

Funny how that Tad's sign was there forever.. and now that they've broken ground, the construction seems to be proceeding at a snail's pace as well (and was slow before all the c-virus crap came along). I hope that's not any indication of how long you'll have to wait to get your order once they're open.
CWIsom
Maybe they can finally remove the Seafood Mamas sign that has been there for ages
happyinBCS
could you send a link on the 6000 sq ft development on Briarcrest
dgonzo99
happyinBCS said:

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/SDRC/2020%20SDRC/4-21-2020/
rocketscience
AG
New RELLIS Data Center website launched (after the old one was taken down for a while) that states a new opening of 2022. Hopefully this means it's still happening and will be starting soon!

https://rellisdrc.com
cslifer
That sign isn't coming down anytime soon. It is grandfathered under old codes. It actually adds value to the property depending on who buys it.
BQ_90
AG
dgonzo99 said:

happyinBCS said:

I guess I don't understand this when there is completely unfinished strip center on the other side of Kent street.

But I don't understand most of the development in this town
isitjustme
AG
BQ_90 said:

dgonzo99 said:

happyinBCS said:

I guess I don't understand this when there is completely unfinished strip center on the other side of Kent street.

But I don't understand most of the development in this town
Different owners, different priorities. Just because Don Adam didn't finish his center doesn't mean the owner of the former Oxford Street area doesn't have a good plan.
CWIsom
Well maybe they can change the info. Whats the point of sign with no business?
cslifer
The point of the sign is that it is existing, and taller than the city allows to be built now. This is quite valuable for places like fast food. So far as changing the name on it goes, why would the real estate people waste the money? It wouldn't change the value of the property.
PS3D
The gas station/restaurant construction seems to be underway at Kenyon and Holleman South. Haven't seen much progress on Wellborn Road's Dunkin' though.
J182
AG
Krab Kingz is moving in with Southerns and taking over their kitchen starting 5/7/2020. Full menu.
👽
Wicked Good Ag
Not sure if already posted but looks like Grub closed down
toolshed
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Not sure if already posted but looks like Grub closed down
Is there an official notice on the door or anything, other than a temporary closure?

Website and FB posts just say they're closed temporarily. I wonder if they decided it wasn't worth reopening at the 25% capacity. I highly doubt it's closed for good, as it's a model that they've either franchised out or opened other stores around the country themselves, not sure which. I hope they aren't closed, they're on our regular rotation.
Stewade
Staff
AG
Grub responded to someone three days ago on their FB page with this:
Quote:

Unfortunately this location is still closed. We will communicate any changes as soon as we know anything. Thank you.
Still sounds temporary.
halibut sinclair
A few Grubs have closed. The new Katy location also says temporarily closed, but I heard from a reliable source that it's not re-opening.
Ag2Max
AG
halibut sinclair said:

A few Grubs have closed. The new Katy location also says temporarily closed, but I heard from a reliable source that it's not re-opening.
Well that stinks as they are right around the corner from my brothers house. It was great to go when visiting my brother when I would come up from Sugar Land since it was so close to his house. Bummer!!

Not surprised as I've read that 20% of Texas restaurants are probably closed for good.
dgonzo99
Gold's Gyms declared bankruptcy on Monday. Thirty locations now closed for good. Our locations spared for now. Company owned locations are more likely to be closing. Franchisees are fine.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Have to admit that I never looked at how highly leveraged they are

Pretty surprised
Hearing good things about Zeitman's Grocery from friends who have done take out. Congrats and good luck to Blake and crew!
trouble
AG
We've ordered almost every week. It's all been excellent.
dgonzo99
Stage Stores which owns Bealls and Gordmans has filed for bankruptcy. Both Bealls will be open until inventory is cleared and close for good, unless somebody steps in and buys them out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.