BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,358 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
Collectonian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
iisanaggie said:

Just got an email that Fuddruckers in CS is permanently closed.

Well boo :-(
PS3D
BQ_90 said:

BQ_90 said:

What is going in on Graham Rd next to A&M GERC building
anybody
I saw something for a "master planned business park" while driving by in that direction but I didn't investigate it too closely.
BQ_90
AG
PS3D said:

BQ_90 said:

BQ_90 said:

What is going in on Graham Rd next to A&M GERC building
anybody
I saw something for a "master planned business park" while driving by in that direction but I didn't investigate it too closely.
yea I'm gonna climb out of seclusion today and go look

thanks
tb9665
I saw that Shipley Do-Nuts on Villa Maria is temporarily closed because of damage from the hail storm a month ago. They say they will have an update on their Facebook page Monday. They are not sure if it is a few weeks yet are not.
TLIAC
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Mas Fajitas opens this week.
We tried it too. Actually, the best fajitas I have had in a long time. We got the Caldwell Fajitas (chicken, beef and shrimp) for two. I think it could easily feed 3 adults. We had dinner Wednesday, my husband had leftovers last night and we still have some left. We will definitely be back.
MiMi
S
Went to MasFajitas for lunch today. The food was very good. Service was not so good. But they have only been open a couple of days. Will definitely be back to try some of the other items on the menu (and hopefully a different server).
dogowner
Imagine eating inside a brand new restaurant with limited staffing and 50% seating during a pandemic and complaining about the service
dave99ag
AG
My wife picked up togo at Mas Fajitas tonight. It was jam-packed, so that 50% rule was probably a suggestion. Enchiladas were tasty. The beef fajitas weren't bad, but we prefer Chuy's or Lupe.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Imagine eating inside a brand new restaurant with limited staffing and 50% seating during a pandemic and complaining about the service
Yes, I acknowledged that the restaurant had just opened and that I will be going back. The server wasn't ineffective because they had just opened, he/she just had a bad attitude.

Edited to add - when I was there mid-afternoon, I observed more staff than customers.

and I'm responding to the rookie, dogowner, not dave99ag.
tb9665
No The 50 percent rule is not a suggestion. It is ordered by the governor. I actually read that with our cases in Brazos County we are one of the top ten and the CDC says we should be at 25 percent,
isitjustme
AG
tb9665 said:

No The 50 percent rule is not a suggestion. It is ordered by the governor. I actually read that with our cases in Brazos County we are one of the top ten and the CDC says we should be at 25 percent,
Active cases here are 0.42% of the population in Brazos county, and that should be the metric. And if Abbott wants to enforce his order, he can come over here and do so.

This is comings and goings, and the others are discussing a new restaurant. So let's try and stick with that.
MiMi
S
Quote:

No The 50 percent rule is not a suggestion.
I believe that what you have witnessed was a wee bit of sarcasm (and maybe noncompliance by the restaurant).

When I was there this afternoon, some tables were marked as unusable due to distancing requirements.
cavscout96
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

No The 50 percent rule is not a suggestion.
I believe that what you have witnessed was a wee bit of sarcasm (and maybe noncompliance by the restaurant).

When I was there this afternoon, some tables were marked as unusable due to distancing requirements.

Read through his post history. It's his schtick. Usually it's just one line of doom and gloom though.
PS3D
The hotel at Morgans Lane and Texas Avenue finally has signage up for Wyndham Gardens, a mid-range hotel.
Geralt of Rivia
S
TXCityGirl
Picked up dinner from the new Costa Vida in College Station. It was good. If you have dined at the Baja Fresh chain, it's very similar. Or you could compare it to a nicer Chipotle. Larger servings and a few different add-ons.
JMac03
AG
TXCityGirl said:

Picked up dinner from the new Costa Vida in College Station. It was good. If you have dined at the Baja Fresh chain, it's very similar. Or you could compare it to a nicer Chipotle. Larger servings and a few different add-ons.
I thought it was pretty good too. Didn't care for their queso, and my sons nachos were kind of weird, but the burrito and taco plates were good.
Sub4
AG
A new fried chicken place called Shelia's opening in 2 weeks at the old Potato Shack/Wings' N' More location at the Exxon off of Hwy 21, and Hwy 6 frontage.

Its a local Bryan Family that I had the pleasure of talking to and they were a really sweet group. I'll definitely be checking them out once they open.
ratfacemcdougal
Sub4 said:

A new fried chicken place called Shelia's opening in 2 weeks at the old Potato Shack/Wings' N' More location at the Exxon off of Hwy 21, and Hwy 6 frontage.

Its a local Bryan Family that I had the pleasure of talking to and they were a really sweet group. I'll definitely be checking them out once they open.
I have been waiting a long time for something to go in there. It is always a quick and easy stop to pick up a lazy dinner on the way home. (wnm 21 too far from the bypass. ha)
kevmiller
TXCityGirl said:

Went through drive thru and the employees were friendly but oh wow. I don't work there and I'm 100% sure I could of done a better job.
Ordered 3 items and 3 drinks and and 5 outta the 6 were wrong.. they did get our kids sprite lol.
Ordered exactly what the menu board says and was told I ordered " ala cart" .. sorry I assumed if it says kids meal on the menu and says it comes with rice and beans and I specified what type of beans... then we were getting a kids meal with rice/ beans.
Oh well
JMac03
AG
dgonzo99
UmustBKidding said:

Last numbers I saw was Harris and Chris papas own about 37% and bandera the Gramm owned hedge fund own close to 10%, but this was late 2019. So between both groups they held less than half of the company. The papas other establishments are private and not part of the Lubys bankruptcy
Yes, but it heavily drained them of money. A lot of personal investment was made in Lubys that could have been invested in their "bread and butter" restaurants. In the corporate world, 37% is considered huge.
JMac03
AG
Posted on a door 2 doors town from Taz Indian good.

Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't know if I've seen it posted, but I think the Pizza Hut on Wellborn and the donut shop a couple of places down are both closed. I drove by a couple of days ago and all of their signs were down
FlyRod
Friend told me tonight that Grub Burger has permanently closed.
ChampsAg
I heard that Grub is moving to the old Fox & Hound location and that Napa Flats is moving to the Grub location
deh40
AG
ChampsAg said:

I heard that Grub is moving to the old Fox & Hound location and that Napa Flats is moving to the Grub location
I have no clue if that's true or not, but the Grub space seems awful small for Napa Flats.
lockett93
AG
Catherine's plus size clothing on University has store closing clearance sale signs out on front of Home Depot.
JMac03
AG
Justice in the mall is listed as one of the locations closing during their bankruptcy stuff.
jeffk
AG
JMac03 said:

Justice in the mall is listed as one of the locations closing during their bankruptcy stuff.

NO JUSTICE
NO PEACE
ratfacemcdougal
Conn's sign is on the bulding
ratfacemcdougal
What is going in next to Days Inn and Quality Inn in Bryan. Land cleared and SWPPP fence is up. I am guessing another hotel.
techno-ag
AG
FlyRod said:

Friend told me tonight that Grub Burger has permanently closed.

Well this puts to rest the questions back in May about whether or not their rumored demise was exaggerated.

toolshed said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Not sure if already posted but looks like Grub closed down
Is there an official notice on the door or anything, other than a temporary closure?

Website and FB posts just say they're closed temporarily. I wonder if they decided it wasn't worth reopening at the 25% capacity. I highly doubt it's closed for good, as it's a model that they've either franchised out or opened other stores around the country themselves, not sure which. I hope they aren't closed, they're on our regular rotation.

trouble said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

As stated before Grub Burger Bar is closed permanently

Their Facebook and website still say temporarily. Is there somewhere that says it's permanent?

hijakeroo123 said:

Update on the Grub situation: take this with a grain of salt, but according to the manager of the Dallas location whom I spoke with earlier today, the CS closure is just temporary.

Now we know for sure, thanks to Flyrod's friend.
ChampsAg
I agree. Just going off what was on the BCS Meals and Deals page
J182
AG
Krab Kingz on the move (again). Just announced no longer in Southerns.
Their food truck is relocating to the Sevcik's Service Center Saturdays and Sundays only.
👽

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.