BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,360 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is a Sprouts coming...

https://anyflip.com/zqrm/ufcq/
toolshed
AG
Would that mean World Market is going? It denotes the world market space and the site. But it also shows the Pier One space as available.
PS3D
toolshed said:

Would that mean World Market is going? It denotes the world market space and the site. But it also shows the Pier One space as available.
Looks like World Market (or others) would be shuffled around as they reconfigure the space to fill in the holes Pier One and Charming Charlie left behind.
Captn_Ag05
AG
toolshed said:

I was wondering that too since it shows the World Market space as available. Mattress Firm is listed as "Available on Demand," so I assume the lease allows the landlord the right to move their space (probably for a $ incentive) within the shopping center. Since World Market shows only as Available, I worry that they may be going. Hopefully not.

The typical new Sprouts stores are around 30,000 square feet, but those larger stores have been less profitable than their original, smaller stores, which were around 22,000 square feet. They are moving back to the smaller store model, but even still, I think they would need the World Market space to make it work. What is in the "Available on Demand" space next to World Market (opposite side from Jason's Deli)? Edit, nevermind, its Darque Tan.

Sprouts would be a great addition to BCS.
TommyBrady
AG
World Market < Sprouts

Hopefully will lead to another one in South College Station or Bryan
Ajollyag
Any news when the heb is suppose to go in near boonville and university?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans submitted to City of CS for a seven building (three-stories each) apartment complex in the Midtown development, near Town Lake and Midtown Blvd. It will be 263 units.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Update from KBTX - https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/07/more-restaurants-coming-to-bcs-as-others-work-to-reopen-following-shutdown/

Quote:

On the other side of University Drive, Five Guys and Snooze remain under construction along with Dunkin' Donuts with Wellborn Road. It is unclear when these locations will open. Dutch Bros is being built next to Dunkin' Donuts and is expected to open in either December or January.

The City of College Station has confirmed an Italian restaurant called "1860 Italia" will be coming to South College Station near the Gold's Gym. They added that Jersey Mikes and Wing Stop will be coming to Jones Crossing and a second I Heart Mac & Cheese will open in Century Square. Chipotle and Starbucks have both submitted plans to the city next to Whataburger on Wellborn. Rush Bowls is also opening a location in College Station and Texas Avenue.
Website for the new Italian place - https://1860italia.com/

It is nice to be discussing new development again!
FlyRod
Whoa. That..."Cajun Italian"? place looks like it will be big.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Tads is now hiring

Quote:

We are expanding! College Station here we come! We are currently hiring for all positions. To apply please follow the link on our "Work With Us" page, fill out the application and send to tadslouisianacooking@gmail.com
rsgatlin
https://www.kens5.com/article/money/business/texas-restaurant-chain-lubys-to-be-liquidated-dissolved/285-7d141208-861c-41de-b19f-ae91b1baeec5
Tailgate88
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Update from KBTX - https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/07/more-restaurants-coming-to-bcs-as-others-work-to-reopen-following-shutdown/

Quote:

On the other side of University Drive, Five Guys and Snooze remain under construction along with Dunkin' Donuts with Wellborn Road. It is unclear when these locations will open. Dutch Bros is being built next to Dunkin' Donuts and is expected to open in either December or January.

The City of College Station has confirmed an Italian restaurant called "1860 Italia" will be coming to South College Station near the Gold's Gym. They added that Jersey Mikes and Wing Stop will be coming to Jones Crossing and a second I Heart Mac & Cheese will open in Century Square. Chipotle and Starbucks have both submitted plans to the city next to Whataburger on Wellborn. Rush Bowls is also opening a location in College Station and Texas Avenue.
Website for the new Italian place - https://1860italia.com/

It is nice to be discussing new development again!
I wonder if it will be in the new building they just completed across from Prosperity Bank etc.?
Captn_Ag05
AG
The address on their website is 1295 Arrington Road and the bank address is 1298 Arrington Road, so I assume so.
bcstx06
There is new place in the spot where The Rolled Dough Co. was and Papa Murphy's was before it (Next to Marshall's). It's called The Nutrition Locker and it's a juice and tea bar.
Captn_Ag05
AG
In addition to the location that they are building on Wellborn in College Station, Dutch Bros Coffee is building a location on Boonville near Kroger in Bryan.
PS3D
ajolly said:

Any news if the heb is suppose to go in near boonville and university?
FIFY.

If I recall, last time this was discussed, the land hadn't been sold yet, and the "source" gave some unrealistic timeframe that passed a long time ago.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
PS3D said:

ajolly said:

FIFY.

If I recall, last time this was discussed, the land hadn't been sold yet, and the "source" gave some unrealistic timeframe that passed a long time ago.

That would be pretty uncharacteristic to H-E-B's normal protocol it seems.

Typically, I think, they're as much as 10+ Years in acquisition ahead of construction Growth here that much faster than anticipated?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

PS3D said:

ajolly said:

FIFY.

That would be pretty uncharacteristic to H-E-B's normal protocol it seems.

Typically, I think, they're as much as 10+ Years in acquisition ahead of construction Growth here that much faster than anticipated?

That wasn't the case with the Jones Crossing HEB. There were also rumors of possible HEBs near Villa Maria and HWY 47, and Lenard Road and 2818.
ag009
AG
Would love one over here in W. Bryan!
Collectonian
The Century Square I Heart Mac & Cheese has announced the grand opening will be September 25th.
chloelee
BOOMTOWN BBQ

Went yesterday for lunch and was pleased with the food. Service is fantastic and owner was super nice.
Beats C&J and Cooper's in my opinion.

Give them a try! Their buns for the sandwiches are delish. Try the G7..super tasty.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I tried Boomtown last week, also, and I thought it was good. I really liked their potato salad
chloelee
Yes! Mac and Cheese was good too!
MsDoubleD81
AG
Any retail going in that area? A year or so ago, I heard a lot about it, but now looks pretty baren.
Captn_Ag05
AG
So far, it doesn't look like it. They are building single family homes and townhomes as well as the apartment complex that was submitted to P&Z. They also have some office space that they are marketing. I haven't seen anything about retail out there yet or heard anything further about the YMCA they are hoping to have there.
TommyBrady
AG
Boomtown is better than Dickeys and right below C&J. The BBQ itself isn't great by any means but they make it worthwhile with what they add to it like cheesy potatoes and mac.
jja79
AG
I doubt you'll find many people who think C&J is better than Dickeys.
rocketscience
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

So far, it doesn't look like it. They are building single family homes and townhomes as well as the apartment complex that was submitted to P&Z. They also have some office space that they are marketing. I haven't seen anything about retail out there yet or heard anything further about the YMCA they are hoping to have there.
They're probably developing the residential first to make the retail sites more attractive. This is what most developments like this one do (Atlas/Lake Walk did this with allowing Traditions to go up before they even started retail and are waiting for even more residential before developing the rest).
TommyBrady
AG
The fact that people think that Boomtown is better than Coopers just makes me realize people don't have good taste and yeah Dickey's was so good they went out of business.
australopithecus robustus
This bbq commentary is very, very telling. TommyBrady is correct and he's clearly in the minority. This is a town that loves Layne's chicken after all. Makes no sense.
toolshed
AG
Saw a sign today for a Daiquiri Barn coming in 2021. It was hanging on the fence next to the old car wash on 29th street, across from the original helicopter pad at the hospital.
Geralt of Rivia
S
TommyBrady said:

The fact that people think that Boomtown is better than Coopers just makes me realize people don't have good taste and yeah Dickey's was so good they went out of business.

Who has said Boomtown is better than Coopers?!?
EBrazosAg
AG
toolshed said:

Saw a sign today for a Daiquiri Barn coming in 2021. It was hanging on the fence next to the old car wash on 29th street, across from the original helicopter pad at the hospital.

Zeitmans was originally going to build there before deciding to go downtown. I imagine there are challenges with that property. Daquari Barn would probably fit better. As long as the 8 inch gas line slap up against it doesn't blow
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
Geralt of Rivia said:

TommyBrady said:

Who has said Boomtown is better than Coopers?!?

Scroll up 11 posts.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Oh wow I totally overlooked that part of the post

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.