BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,385 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't find the menus at Toasted Yolk and Another Broken Egg that similar.
Broncos
You can add "people's sanity" to the going list.
Sleepnumber
AG
Broncos said:

You can add "people's sanity" to the going list.
Lemming City has recently opened multiple locations.
gus1390
AG
New Extraco Banks branch "coming soon" sign up next to Christ United on Hwy 6.
Bucketrunner
We have been to Another Broken Egg twice and had wonderful meals and drinks both times. It's not Cracker Barrel and doesn't claim to be. It's quality of food is light years better than Stella , which we found to be inedible.
Collectonian
Spotted a coming soon sign for "Good Luck Good Time", which apparently will have milk tea, coffee, and "more" in Culpepper Plaza in the space between Tanaka and H&R Block.
AgsWin2011
AG
Get a feeling that there are about to be a lot more going than coming after this stupid Coronavirus.
BQ_90
AG
What's going in and Graham and Longmire?
TXAGGIE10
BQ_90 said:

Nail Salon
toolshed
AG
Heismenberg said:

Get a feeling that there are about to be a lot more going than coming after this stupid Coronavirus.

So go out and support local businesses. Be mindful, wash frequently, etc.. We went to eat at two different local Mexican places today, and both were slow with customers and they are worried about their futures with the current issues. Buy gift cards, order take out or delivery.

A lot of local businesses have changed practices, have single use containers, servers aren't handling people's drinks and cups as much, extra cleaning practices, etc. to try and calm people's fears and concerns. With no local cases and less than 100 in the whole state, the odds are pretty low that you're going to come into contact with anyone who is sick. I'm sure plenty will disagree, but these local businesses are a lifeblood in our community and I'd hate to see them start closing doors, especially when we have zero local cases reported.
BQ_90
AG
TXAGGIE10 said:

BQ_90 said:

Nail Salon
I guessed cleaners. That was my second guess
rc_cat
BQ_90 said:

TXAGGIE10 said:

BQ_90 said:

Nail Salon
Somewhere on one of those corners was a sign for an eye care/eyeglasses place - but it looked like it had been there a while.
BQ_90
AG
rc_cat said:

BQ_90 said:

TXAGGIE10 said:

BQ_90 said:

Nail Salon
Somewhere on one of those corners was a sign for an eye care/eyeglasses place - but it looked like it had been there a while.
isn't that across the street next to the school?
tonytx05
AG
toolshed said:

Heismenberg said:

So go out and support local businesses. Be mindful, wash frequently, etc.. We went to eat at two different local Mexican places today, and both were slow with customers and they are worried about their futures with the current issues. Buy gift cards, order take out or delivery.

A lot of local businesses have changed practices, have single use containers, servers aren't handling people's drinks and cups as much, extra cleaning practices, etc. to try and calm people's fears and concerns. With no local cases and less than 100 in the whole state, the odds are pretty low that you're going to come into contact with anyone who is sick. I'm sure plenty will disagree, but these local businesses are a lifeblood in our community and I'd hate to see them start closing doors, especially when we have zero local cases reported.
This didn't age well ...

http://wtaw.com/confirmed-case-of-covid-19-in-brazos-county/
lockett93
AG
Apparently she recently traveled to Spain, had close contact with 3 others on brazos county who have been notified.
BryanPooch
BryanPooch
It is hard to buy gift cards when there is no assurance the restaurant will be there some months hence. I have gift cards for four local restaurants now. I expect two will reopen and two well may not. With the first local Covid-19 case and a few more in process, we must really be careful. Most doctors seem to believe there are about 10 times as many cases as those confirmed.

Macy's has closed ALL stores until sometime next month. We have no idea what our businesses will look like in three or four months. The hope is t hug at warm weather will stem its tide. But it is summer in a
Australia and it has more cases per person than do we even though we've soared past 5,000 as testing (finally) ramps up.
BryanPooch
PS3D
BQ_90 said:

TXAGGIE10 said:

BQ_90 said:

Nail Salon

Pretty sure that comment was an attempt at humor.
toolshed
AG
tonytx05 said:

toolshed said:

Heismenberg said:

This didn't age well ...

http://wtaw.com/confirmed-case-of-covid-19-in-brazos-county/
rc_cat
BQ_90 said:

rc_cat said:

BQ_90 said:

TXAGGIE10 said:

BQ_90 said:

Nail Salon
isn't that across the street next to the school?
I'm not sure about direction or a school, but I turned left out of Kroger on Longmire toward Graham and the sign was across the street on the right corner facing me at the stop sign.
BQ_90
AG
PS3D said:

BQ_90 said:

TXAGGIE10 said:

BQ_90 said:

Nail Salon

Pretty sure that comment was an attempt at humor.
yes, but normally the very first business in any strip center is either nail salon or cleaners, I think that's the law
BCS-Ag
Cafe Eccell is closed indefinitely
Collectonian
Stella Southern Cafe is also closing due to COVID-19 for an undetermined period of time. They have also closed the restaurant side of Harvey Washbangers though for now the laundry is staying open and they said they are working to offer curbside and to-go orders.
Collectonian
KBTX is now keeping a running list of restaurants that are still open, but have made changes including closing dining rooms and doing modified hours: https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/The-list-of-BCS-restaurants-making-changes-to-their-food-service-568891371.html
toolshed
AG
I'm not sure of the details yet, but the sign at Chapman Paints on Villa Maria says they've moved, the new address is the same center as The Paint Warehouse down on Villa Maria just N of WJB. I don't know if Paint warehouse bought them and they merged or what happened.
AggiePhil
AG
Who needs paint at a time like this??
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
AggiePhil said:

Everyone who is self-quarantined with their wife and their wife has a honey-do list a mile long and the honey-do list includes painting the 3rd bedroom and she's been bugging her husband about it for months but now there is no reason not to paint now and and there are no sports on TV to have on in the background while the husband paints and I guess a podcast will have to do.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Hammerheadjim
AG
I think a lot of people are missing the point on the 6' spacing for social distancing.
There are a few restaurants that are practicing this. Drive thru and pickup are your friends now.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
Collectonian
Bryan and College Station just announced: "Effective 9 p.m. tonight (Wednesday, March 18), all bars and restaurant dining rooms in Bryan and College Station will be ordered to close to further reduce the possibility of exposure to COVID-19. Restaurants may still provide take-out, drive-thru, delivery and curbside pickup service under this order."
toolshed
AG
AggiePhil said:

My bad, thought this was the "coming and going thread"...

Plenty of people need paint. Workers are still working, as stated above, people staying home with nothing else to do are catching up on honey-do lists.
snaglepuss
Has anyone posted or seen the plans for the remodel of the Bryan Chick-fil-a and that area around it? I would like to see what the layout will look like.
halibut sinclair
snaglepuss said:

Has anyone posted or seen the plans for the remodel of the Bryan Chick-fil-a and that area around it? I would like to see what the layout will look like.

Chick-fil-A & the gas station

Panda Express & future restaurant if Jason's Deli did in fact pull out
snaglepuss
Thanks.
dgonzo99
halibut sinclair said:

snaglepuss said:

Chick-fil-A & the gas station

Panda Express & future restaurant if Jason's Deli did in fact pull out
I was by there yesterday. Looks like the rebuilding has started. The stakes were laid out for the foundation. They seem to be working really fast.
Costa and Andreas
Hey guys La Bodega Express Drive thru at Cafe Eccell is going to reopen asap! We will try to do it as fast as we can. We are shooting for late next week but may be a little after. It will have a very affordable, scaled down menu for speed and value. Strawberry Tarts will be available.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.