BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,337 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe the rumor is the College Station Midtown development.
PS3D
bcstx06 said:

war hymn aggie said:

Zoner's has closed.

Just a thought, but if the owners of Zoner's had chosen a location in North Bryan were there is literally no competition in any food category, then I believe that they would still be in operation.
The now-defunct Papa John's next to the H-E-B there at 21 and Texas might have some words to say about that.
bcstx06
PS3D said:

bcstx06 said:

war hymn aggie said:

Zoner's has closed.

Just a thought, but if the owners of Zoner's had chosen a location in North Bryan were there is literally no competition in any food category, then I believe that they would still be in operation.
The now-defunct Papa John's next to the H-E-B there at 21 and Texas might have some words to say about that.

I was talking further north then that. It's a dead zone with nothing. But there is a Denny's up there.
bcstx06
rc_cat said:

SandAG said:

Quote:

Costco
July 2022
Any word on where it's going? Up in Bryan where it's been rumored to go for years or down south of CS where the new Buc - ees is rumored to be locating?

I would hope the Bryan between Target an University Dr. that is a more central location. But I'll bet it goes in College Station instead. Always happens, but Bryan did get Bigshots when it was said to have been going in West College Station.
dallasiteinsa02
College Station is going to give away the farm to get it at midtown.
law80
AG
We had TaD's last night and the food was great. The wings are HUGE. Draft beer of Karbach 12thMan Lager was $4 and then add $2 for an upsize bigger glass. Food portions were also really big for the price.

Easily our new favorite place in town.
australopithecus robustus
dallasiteinsa02 said:

College Station is going to give away the farm to get it at midtown.

As they should
techno-ag
AG
A&M is building a new student rec center. This one will be near the golf course.

https://www.kagstv.com/mobile/article/news/local/another-student-recreation-center-is-coming-to-texas-am/499-533fcaee-65ed-4629-9e52-cbbdc17fd670
TommyBrady
AG
The new rec is going to be sweet! There will also be a new welcome center being built near the Bell Tower and a renovation and expansion of Wehner for the business school.
Collectonian
Presuming it isn't delayed due to COVID, the new Polo Road Rec Center is having its grand opening on January 19th. It's part of the new garage area.

It's 28,000sf with a large strength & conditioning area (with at least everything the current Rec has from their list), plus studio/group rooms, day-use lockers, and its own locker room.

Will hopefully help ease some of the burden from the current Rec's often overcrowded strength & conditioning room. I presume closer to January they will give info on whether you can switch lockers if you want to make Polo your main.
jrhmc
AG
techno-ag said:

A&M is building a new student rec center. This one will be near the golf course.

https://www.kagstv.com/mobile/article/news/local/another-student-recreation-center-is-coming-to-texas-am/499-533fcaee-65ed-4629-9e52-cbbdc17fd670
Wow, I feel old. I was in school when the current one was being built.
jeffk
AG
FINISH ALL THE RECS
drthoop
AG
jrhmc said:

techno-ag said:

You should see it from my view. I played intramurals where the current Rec Center is now.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
Tailgate88
AG
drthoop said:

jrhmc said:

techno-ag said:

You should see it from my view. I played intramurals where the current Rec Center is now.

I played pick up hoops and lifted weights in the bowels of the Jolly Rollie back in the mid 80's.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
drthoop said:

jrhmc said:

techno-ag said:

And Murray Milford was a pup
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

drthoop said:

jrhmc said:

techno-ag said:

And Murray Milford was a pup
Old Murray Milford. Good memories.

Anyone remember playing that stupid Flickerball game they made us play in PE? 1976/1977 or so.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
BQ_90
AG
jrhmc said:

techno-ag said:

you want old, when I was in school we played softball where the current one is located. Was the Class B All U Champs!
CEAg78
AG
Tailgate88 said:

drthoop said:

jrhmc said:

techno-ag said:

I played pick up hoops and lifted weights in the bowels of the Jolly Rollie back in the mid 80's.
And I played racquetball in DeWare. And watched water polo in Pinky Downs.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
tb9665
I had an angling class in the late 80's. I went fishing in DeWare.
theNetSmith
AG
jrhmc said:

techno-ag said:

Ditto. And even tho we didn't get to use it, I'm pretty sure we paid a fee to help fund it.
meezermom
We were super excited about Tad's finally opening, not least because it's convenient ... got the whole family to sit down and made the kids decide on something to share (because there's no kids menu?!) and I called to order to go. Apparently, they are only serving dine-in. Seems like they've missed all the news about Covid and 2020 and how people are trying to stay safe while helping local restaurants. Fish Daddy's got our business once again. Tad's lack of customer service is a real disappointment.
Captn_Ag05
AG
meezermom said:

We were super excited about Tad's finally opening, not least because it's convenient ... got the whole family to sit down and made the kids decide on something to share (because there's no kids menu?!) and I called to order to go. Apparently, they are only serving dine-in. Seems like they've missed all the news about Covid and 2020 and how people are trying to stay safe while helping local restaurants. Fish Daddy's got our business once again. Tad's lack of customer service is a real disappointment.

They've been open a few days. I am sure their kitchen, which is still figuring out the menu, would be absolutely overwhelmed if they immediately jumped into full dine-in plus to-go. I have no doubt that they would love to take your money and have to-go orders right now. I am sure they will add to go orders once they get settled in and are able to handle it. Major kudos to them for opening during what is an incredibly difficult time for the service industry and thank you to them for providing jobs to locals. Let's support them rather than dragging them through the mud less than a week after they open.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
CaptAg05 said it better than I could/would've done. Kudos to you

Drama much?
AG
Their other locations have kids meals. Did you ask or just assume since it's not in the website?
jrhmc
AG
I brought a to go meal home today. I just had to go in and order at the bar.
EBrazosAg
AG
Imho ... if you go to a restaurant in the first 45 days and you have a issue that isn't just appallingly negligent or insulting, take a chill pill and come back later. It's a shake down cruise for at least 6 weeks. Full of kitchen and front staff that never worked in a restaurant in their life.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
law80
AG
We actually tried to call in an order on Friday and was told that as of now they are trying to take care of all dine-in customers at this point and will open up the To-Go orders after Thanksgiving. We decided to dine in and were glad we did. They do have a kids menu which has the basics; Burger, Chicken Tenders, Fried Catfish, Fried Shrimp, and one other item. Our son got the kids shrimp and was enough food for multiple meals. Came with choice of side which he got fries.
MiMi
S
Can confirm - the kid's meal (fried shrimp) at TaD's is as big as an adult meal. FYI - the large order of wings can easily feed a family of 4 and a bowl of Gumbo is served in the biggest bowl I've ever seen for a single serving. My adult son loved the fried alligator. I had the blackened shrimp alfredo and it was very good. They do have a To Go counter just inside the front door - they just must not be ready to offer it until they have more experience under their belt.
deh40
AG
We went to Tad's Sunday night. Food was very good with nice portions and service was great.
KidDoc
AG
MiMi said:

Can confirm - the kid's meal (fried shrimp) at TaD's is as big as an adult meal. FYI - the large order of wings can easily feed a family of 4 and a bowl of Gumbo is served in the biggest bowl I've ever seen for a single serving. My adult son loved the fried alligator. I had the blackened shrimp alfredo and it was very good. They do have a To Go counter just inside the front door - they just must not be ready to offer it until they have more experience under their belt.
Yes we tried to order Tads for a lunch meeting yesterday and they said they are not doing to go orders YET.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rodan85
AG
Just heard the new owners at Fat Burgers are going to turn it into a Mexican restaurant.
Ajollyag
rodan85 said:

Just heard the new owners at Fat Burgers are going to turn it into a Mexican restaurant.

Please name it fat taco
Sub4
AG
rodan85 said:

Can Confirm
jeffk
AG
Gordo Burger
meezermom
Thanks for letting me know that Tad's has the kids' meals - yes, because the menu is online and there is no kids area, it seemed like there must not be kids options. Super happy to know the kids can get fried shrimp - or like Mimi said, I can get a kids' portion!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.