BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,334 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlyRod said:

I think you're right. Totally forgot about the one on 21.
As of 11/24, The Remnant is no longer doing food at Halftime Bar on 21. They have other food there now, per Remnant and Halftime FB pages.
rc_cat
It's probably been mentioned and I missed it, but what's the big building being built on Texas somewhere around Chili's? I only saw it from the back as I drove down Foster - an addition to the CS buildings?
isitjustme
AG
theNetSmith said:

FlyRod said:

The Remnant from N'awlins is closing at their current location. They appear to at least be trying to reopen somewhere else in the future. Someone here said the owner had been struggling. Good people, hope things look up for them.
Crap. That is one place I never got around to, and I was really looking forward to trying them out if the world ever returned to normal. Maybe I could still get some takeout before they close?
No mention on their Facebook that the Remnant location on Groesbeck is closing, and the owner shares just about everything. In fact as of Monday, they were hiring. They did try to make their partnership with Halftime work, but I think it spread the owner to thin.

Go to Remnant of Nawlins on Groesbeck for some really good food, so they don't have to close.

ETA if flyrod has accurate info, I hope the reopen very soon.

ETA #2 - just talked to the Groesbeck location and they are open and plan to stay open, mon-sat.
FlyRod
My bad, it's the 21 location I saw the info about. Just checked their FB page and it looks like they're still serving. Sorry for the confusion on my part and thanks to halibut and agrab for correcting my dumb misread.

And yes, do get their food!
TXAGGIE10
rc_cat said:

It's probably been mentioned and I missed it, but what's the big building being built on Texas somewhere around Chili's? I only saw it from the back as I drove down Foster - an addition to the CS buildings?
New College Station City Hall
kegstand
AG
Remnant is only closing their location at that gas station on 21. Their Groesbeck location is still open as of now. If you get the chance, I highly recommend stopping by and supporting them. The food is just incredible, but the owner's a good guy, I appreciate a lot of what he does.

Edit: I'm dumb and didn't see the next page where everything I said had already been said, my bad
toolshed
AG
Has it been mentioned anywhere why the old service station/ car lot building at Texas and 26th, opposite from the courthouse? They're working on the building, put grass in a square area in the parking lot with a wood fence around it. I notice an alcohol notice to sell in the windows. I'm assuming some sort of bar and grill with outdoor seating, but haven't noticed a sign for the business name or anything.
The Brazos Kid
toolshed said:

Has it been mentioned anywhere why the old service station/ car lot building at Texas and 26th, opposite from the courthouse? They're working on the building, put grass in a square area in the parking lot with a wood fence around it. I notice an alcohol notice to sell in the windows. I'm assuming some sort of bar and grill with outdoor seating, but haven't noticed a sign for the business name or anything.

That's gonna be "The 101"

halibut sinclair
ODraconianDevil said:

Remnant is only closing their location at that gas station on 21. Their Groesbeck location is still open as of now. If you get the chance, I highly recommend stopping by and supporting them. The food is just incredible, but the owner's a good guy, I appreciate a lot of what he does.

Edit: I'm dumb and didn't see the next page where everything I said had already been said, my bad
Not a gas station.
ChampsAg
Heard from a friend today that Shannon's is back open for inside dining
bcstx06
Raising Canes going in at 2204 Briarcrest Drive in front of Walmart. I guess Jason's Deli will go in by Target like someone said. It was originally supposed to get that Canes spot.

Glad to see Raising Canes on that side of town!
BlueMiles
AG
There is fencing around the old Seafood Mama's lot. New construction?
Ajollyag
bcstx06 said:

Raising Canes going in at 2204 Briarcrest Drive in front of Walmart. I guess Jason's Deli will go in by Target like someone said. It was originally supposed to get that Canes spot.

Glad to see Raising Canes on that side of town!

Maybe they can tear down that hyatt that never got finished. Things been an eyesore for the last 3 or 4 years.
JM04
AG
BlueMiles said:

There is fencing around the old Seafood Mama's lot. New construction?

A strip center is going in there with a small frost bank as the anchor tenant on one end of the strip
BlueMiles
AG
Thank you
GSS
From Cody Whitten/JCody's and Gate 12 owner operator-

Well it's time to get started. Gate 12 Bar & Grill's soft opening starts tomorrow (Dec 5th) and ends Wednesday. Go to the online reservation system Open Table with the following link to make a reservation. For our soft opening, you MUST make a reservation.
https://www.opentable.com/r/gate-12-bar-and-grill-reservations-college-station?restref=1133236&lang=en-US&ot_source=Restaurant%20website

We will officially be opening Thursday, December 10. Although we will accept walk ins, I highly recommend making a reservation through Open Table. Hope to see y'all soon!

NRA Life
TSRA Life
src94
AG
Already booked my spot.
src94
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
Sign up for "Quesadilla Pekes" at Villa Maria and Briarcrest. Next to TJ Dental and across the street from Modern Barber School.
legalbird
New restaurant tip

If you have Facebook, please put pictures of food, drinks, etc.

Too often, see sheetrock, ladders, brooms, etc on Facebook page.

Show food and the like!!!
Geralt of Rivia
S
legalbird said:

New restaurant tip

If you have Facebook, please put pictures of food, drinks, etc.

Too often, see sheetrock, ladders, brooms, etc on Facebook page.

Show food and the like!!!

I would also say to add pictures of the menu
Collectonian
Geralt of Rivia said:

This x9000! It is so frustrating to learn of a new restaurant and not be able to look at the menu online.

(Likewise, those who have been around awhile, make sure you have an updated menu somewhere on your own site or social media! Going anticipating a dish and finding out it hasn't been served in ages sucks)
ZachTheGoodAg
AG
We went to the soft opening of Gate 12 last night and our entire family really enjoyed it. Most of us had steaks and thought they were excellent, as were the sides. The sweet potato waffle fries as an appetizer were phenomenally good. We will get that every single time from now on. Every person in our party liked what they had and would go back. One of our kids raved about the SuperFortress burger, a hamburger with brisket on it.

This is a nicer place to dine, like to going to Madden's or Cafe Eccell (rip). Prices ranged from the $12 or so range for the sandwich/hamburger options to the mid-to-high 30's for a filet plus sides. We tried several of the desserts at the end and all were good, but the bread pudding seemed to the favorite of many in our party. Service was excellent as well.

I forgot to ask if the lunch menu will be any different than the dinner menu. No question we all felt that Cody is well on his way to giving us a great option for a nicer place to eat with a great view.

ZTGA
hihozippo
AG
What is going in at the old CS Taco Cabana location? I saw where they had now hiring, but couldn't tell what it was.
JMac03
AG
I read here awhile back some new fast food Mexican
UmustBKidding
In theory its las. Palapas
trouble
AG
Sparrow Lane (home decor and antiques) is now open in downtown Bryan. They are in the old Los Nortenos space.
war hymn aggie
AG
trouble said:

Sparrow Lane (home decor and antiques) is now open in downtown Bryan. They are in the old Los Nortenos space.
I'll be sure to keep my eye on them.
chloelee
The Nail Lounge going in on Longmire. Massive nail salon. Very nice interior, opening soon looks like.
chickencoupe16
AG
Collectonian said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

This x9000! It is so frustrating to learn of a new restaurant and not be able to look at the menu online.

(Likewise, those who have been around awhile, make sure you have an updated menu somewhere on your own site or social media! Going anticipating a dish and finding out it hasn't been served in ages sucks)

So much this. The wife and I went to Blackwater once for chicken fried steak. They had one of the best ever and so we were really set on it. In fact, that was the only reason for choosing them. I looked online before we went and the menu showed they still had it, so when we got there, we ordered without even looking at the menu. We wound up just having drinks and then going somewhere else because we both wanted the chicken fried steak.
CEAg78
AG
war hymn aggie said:

trouble said:

I'll be sure to keep my eye on them.
too obscure?
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
Fbuckie
I believe Altitude Trampoline Park is done in CS. Trucks pulled up and being loaded today. Their website goes nowhere now.
Counterpoint
AG
Fbuckie said:

I believe Altitude Trampoline Park is done in CS. Trucks pulled up and being loaded today. Their website goes nowhere now.

That place looked fun. Were they doing okay before Covid?
MeKnowNot
SoCo Athletics has been dark for a while. Not sure if they are done for good or temporarily closed due to COVID?
Prune Tracy
JMac03
AG
My kids like Altitude a lot more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.