BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,377 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Are Farmhouse Frozen Yogurt and Farmhouse Creamery related? Same owners?
bcstx06
MiMi said:

Are Farmhouse Frozen Yogurt and Farmhouse Creamery related? Same owners?

I don't think it is. And I think that is going to be confusing. I think the owners of the Yogurt places is from Lufkin.
hijakeroo123
AG
Update on the Grub situation: take this with a grain of salt, but according to the manager of the Dallas location whom I spoke with earlier today, the CS closure is just temporary.
instapt
As of a week ago (on June 26), they also posted on their College Station Facebook page that they "do not have a reopening date scheduled but it is not a permanent close."
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
Sign at Briarcrest Chickfila says they're reopening on July 14.
chloelee
Supposedly Grub going where Fox and Hound was located and Napa Flats going where Grub was located.
instapt
It was reported earlier (maybe elsewhere) that The Roo Pub from San Antonio is who's renovating the old Fox and Hound location.
halibut sinclair
Sorry if already posted, but noticed yesterday that Fuddruckers is closed and has a for lease sign out front.
nthomas99
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Sorry if already posted, but noticed yesterday that Fuddruckers is closed and has a for lease sign out front.
Does this mean we can bring back Garcia's, with both chips *and* buttered tortillas? I mean, I was full at that place before the entree ever showed up.
JMac03
AG
There has been a for lease sign on the property for awhile - several here assumed it was for the building behind it. The location is still showing on the fuddruckers website so hopefully it is just closed temporarily (unless the for lease sign is a new one)
Collectonian
halibut sinclair said:

*CRY* we LOVE Fuddruckers. That seriously sucks...really hoping it's just temporary
susieq30
Fuddrucker's website says it is temporarily closed.
Tailgate88
AG
susieq30 said:

Fuddrucker's website says it is temporarily closed.
Then why are they trying to lease their building?
CN
chloelee said:

Supposedly Grub going where Fox and Hound was located and Napa Flats going where Grub was located.
I heard second hand that Grub is letting their lease run out and will open at a different location. A reason for the move was the high rent at that location.
jja79
AG
The parent company owns Luby's and Fuddrucker's and they are looking for a buyer. Many of the stores will be closed however.
PS3D
jja79 said:

The parent company owns Luby's and Fuddrucker's and they are looking for a buyer. Many of the stores will be closed however.
Yeah, I remember reading something to the effect that Luby's was looking to make more money off of their real estate than their actual restaurants.
ratfacemcdougal
Yea, the Pappas' Brothers are ready to unload Lubys and Fudd
LastHamlet
AG
nthomas99 said:

halibut sinclair said:

Does this mean we can bring back Garcia's, with both chips *and* buttered tortillas? I mean, I was full at that place before the entree ever showed up.
Bring back Gina's and the Vulcan dinner.
nthomas99
AG
Yes.
src94
AG
Gina's!!!! Damn I miss that place. Great food, and yes... the Vulcan
src94
Captn_Ag05
AG
Starbucks and Chipotle are going in near Whataburger at SW Parkway and Wellborn.
redd38
AG
Sign is up on Z Bar now (3 story bar across from The Corner)
halibut sinclair
redd38 said:

Otherwise soon to be known as COVID City.
MiMi
S
Coming Soon sign in the space next to Zoner's (on Longmire Dr next to Walmart) - Blue Fin Fusion Sushi
PS3D
redd38 said:

About time. Pretty sure they first applied for a liquor permit 6-8 years ago.
ratfacemcdougal
what is the new "coming soon" sign in front of new academy? damn i need to go to the eye doctor. ha
deh40
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

what is the new "coming soon" sign in front of new academy? damn i need to go to the eye doctor. ha
Vera Bank
EBrazosAg
AG
Speaking of banks, isn't the building just N of Chick Fil A at WD Fitch a Frost Bank? If so, their first retail banking center in the area unless I'm missing something.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
crbongos
AG
Another Frost Bank to be built in Bryan on Briarcrest--location of the former Oxford Street.
CRBongo
drthoop
AG
crbongos said:

Another Frost Bank to be built in Bryan on Briarcrest--location of the former Oxford Street.
Steak and Ale before that. Yeah, I'm old.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
BlueMiles
AG
And the burned Mama's Seafood location as well.
toolshed
AG
And the Yum Yum's, which wasn't..yum yum...
JMac03
AG
Collectonian
Can't remember if this was posted about before, but Wingstop at Jones Cross is now open
dgonzo99
The new Chick-fil-a at Walmart Reimagined Center will open July 14 at 6:00am.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.