BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,379 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

The students that are parking there and going to class is the only reason there isn't free parking. The garage is full of students now.

If that were true, why would they charge parking on Friday nights and weekends? And the parking app increases the rates on Friday and Saturday nights.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Does anyone know what is going in next to Burger King at Deacon and Texas?

I believe that is the location of Boomtown BBQ
JMac03
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Does anyone know what is going in next to Burger King at Deacon and Texas?
Glad you asked this. I kept meaning to ask.
armymom
I think Boomtown BBQ
AggieBarstool
95_Aggie said:

There used to be a Whataburger in the Underground in the late 90's.
And through the 2000s (I graduated 2006).
eloc62
Anybody know when Walk-On's is supposed to open? Have you been to one? Is the food good? I know it's a basic chain type place, but hoping the food is good. Seems to look a lot like Razzoos.
Bunk Moreland
Last I heard was early March
Aggie09Derek
AG
Food is good. More of a sports bar feel than razoo's
CN
Aggie09Derek said:

Food is good. More of a sports bar feel than razoo's
How does the food compare to Razoo's? For the record, I like Razoo's so if it's the same, that'd be great.
Aggie09Derek
AG
About the same quality. Everything is seasoned pretty well with good flavor.
BCSWguru
recently visited a Walk Ons. I requested no onions in the item I ordered and was informed it was pre-made. Not a good sign.
trouble
AG
What was it?
Turf-Ag02
AG
Probably onion rings....sorry couldn't resist a little Monday humor.
Gig ‘em and God bless
Broncos
Turf-Ag02 said:

Probably onion rings....sorry couldn't resist a little Monday humor.
Sadly, this wouldn't surprise me on this forum.
trouble
AG
I wouldn't be shocked.

Some things it makes sense to make ahead. That's why I asked.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
I didn't even realize that we have a Walk-Ons in Edinburg. Been open for awhile.

Millenials that work for me just told me that the chow is real good. Much better than BJ's or Applebees.

Specifically the fried shrimp, the voodoo shrimp, burgers, rings and fish tacos
Last fall, I ordered Crawfish Two Ways at a Walk-ons in Louisiana, and it was outstanding. Can't wait for this one to open.
dilben
slyk
Anyone know whats going up at Boonville rd and Austin's Colony Pkwy right next to Physician's ER? I checked recent past posts and main list but didn't see anything.
Ag2Max
AG
Are we allowed to post a local job opening within this thread? It relates to a restaurant that is listed under the Coming Soon section on page 1. TIA
ski-man
rocketscience
AG
It looks like Big Shots is really going to happen.

http://wtaw.com/bryan-council-is-asked-to-approve-economic-development-agreement-for-an-indoor-golf-entertainment-complex-at-the-new-superpark/
Captn_Ag05
AG

Nice looking plans.
halibut sinclair
slyk said:

Anyone know whats going up at Boonville rd and Austin's Colony Pkwy right next to Physician's ER? I checked recent past posts and main list but didn't see anything.

Christian Brothers Automotive.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Lumber Liquidators is going in at Post Oak Square next to TJ Maxx (the old LifeWay Christian Store location).
JayHowdy!
Captn_Ag05 said:

Lumber Liquidators is going in at Post Oak Square next to TJ Maxx (the old LifeWay Christian Store location).
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/oldham-goodwin-group-llc_oldham-goodwin-group-would-like-to-welcome-activity-6633017259872829440-tooE

Saw that. With Ollie's and Lumber Liquidators. This center has filled up.

Captn_Ag05
AG
Yes, and with Conn's and Southern's going in at Post Oak, that area has actually rebounded better than I would have expected.
dgonzo99
Captn_Ag05 said:

Nice looking plans.
The signing ceremony is Wednesday at 3:00pm at the former golf course. From what I understand anyone is invited to attend. A great day for BCS. A 13 million dollar investment in the communities.
ncttc
Sorry I missed it if someone has already asked. Does anyone know what is going in the old Sears place in the mall? I see they are working on it
BrandoC
AG
Absolutely awful place to put it. If your from out of town you will have no clue where to find this. It should of been located at its original spot off of Wellborn or right off of HWY 6 in CS somewhere.
trouble
AG
ncttc said:

Sorry I missed it if someone has already asked. Does anyone know what is going in the old Sears place in the mall? I see they are working on it

Conn's, I believe
CRE-Ag
AG
BrandoC said:

Absolutely awful place to put it. If your from out of town you will have no clue where to find this. It should of been located at its original spot off of Wellborn or right off of HWY 6 in CS somewhere.
google is your friend.
rocketscience
AG
BrandoC said:

I think you underestimate the ability of people to use Apple Maps or Google Maps. I also think that this location, being off of Villa Maria (a major arterial for the area) is much more accessible than the original proposed location on a road off of Holleman South which was actually inaccessible from Wellborn due to the railroad tracks; to me, that original location seems like it would have been much harder to find. Only the proposed location at Midtown in College Station seems like it would have been better although that never included any planning documents submitted to the city if I recall correctly. Lastly, it seems like this is a more strategic location as it gives the idea of it being an amenity for the entire Brazos Valley community rather than just another thing for the students and could be a major push in the redevelopment of Bryan's Midtown. Those are just my thoughts on it.

TLDR: I disagree and think the superpark location is much better.
BCSWguru
Bryan gets something pretty cool and the CS'ers whine about it not being in south CS. Par for the course, lol.
australopithecus robustus
Bottom line, it seems Bryan is reaping the benefit of incentivizing Big Shots to locate there. Based on COCS historical behavior, if Big Shots engaged them, they probably told them to go kick rocks.

I personally agree with a more central location near more population density. South CS is basically suburbia and is a pretty sleepy area while people are in town working, and after 8pm.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.