BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,335 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
iisanaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Panda Express coming soon signs are up and construction has begun in the Briarcrest Wal-Mart parking lot. Anyone know if Jason's Deli is still going in there as well?
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
AggiePhil said:

Rock Prairie Behavioral Health has closed.
Is this permanent or temporary due to COVID exposure? If you know?
AggiePhil
AG
Permanent, unfortunately.
dallasiteinsa02
iisanaggie said:

Panda Express coming soon signs are up and construction has begun in the Briarcrest Wal-Mart parking lot. Anyone know if Jason's Deli is still going in there as well?
I heard they are stilling looking for a site in that area because they couldn't come to terms with the owner.
EBrazosAg
AG
Is the Hyatt House @ Briarcrest/6 now officially the longest commercial project in BCS history? If not, they are pushing it.....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
AggiePhil said:

Rock Prairie Behavioral Health has closed.
Ugh this is awful news.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Is the Hyatt House @ Briarcrest/6 now officially the longest commercial project in BCS history? If not, they are pushing it.....
Seems like Baymont on the Harvey exit took a long time too.
toolshed
AG
Ed's Butcher Block is now Texas Meat Market. Opens July 1st according to FB and their webpage. Not much real info on either page regarding product and such.

https://www.facebook.com/TXMeatMarket

https://www.txmeatmarket.com/
B2BCS15
AG
Excited to announce the expansion of Jersey Mike's Subs into Jones Crossing Shopping Center! We broke ground yesterday with saw cutting so should be open by mid-September! Once I get the new location open and catch my breath to make sure everything is running smooth and have good people to grow with, we'll start identifying a Bryan location......likely off of HWY6/Boonville or Briarcrest. Thanks for all the support so far!
Bunk Moreland
The subs are so good that they've stayed in my rotation as one of my keto cheat meals.

Who would have thought I'd be cheating with a sandwich over pizza or fried chicken!
B2BCS15
AG
Don't forget you can get a Sub in a Tub for those non-cheat days! All the cheese and meaty goodness on a bed of lettuce. Our bread is delicious and hard to pass up but fresh cut meats are tasty in a tub too!

Thanks for your support!
ratfacemcdougal
B2BCS15 said:

Don't forget you can get a Sub in a Tub for those non-cheat days! All the cheese and meaty goodness on a bed of lettuce. Our bread is delicious and hard to pass up but fresh cut meats are tasty in a tub too!

Thanks for your support!
I wish you did not say that. I did not know you did a Sub in a Tub...of course my custom cheese steak was FABULOUS in the bread.
dgonzo99
dallasiteinsa02 said:

iisanaggie said:

I heard they are stilling looking for a site in that area because they couldn't come to terms with the owner.
Somebody is seeking a replat of a lot in the Bryan Towne Center. I know there is supposed to be 1 or 2 new buildings going up in the center. Wonder if it could be Jason's. Don't know. To me at least, that would be a really good location.
eloc62
So glad to see Jersey Mikes opening in south College Station closer to my house. We finally have a sando place here that knows how to make a great cheese steak sandwich. My favorite is the Big Kahuna Cheese Steak with no jalapenos. The California chicken cheese steak sando is also very good.
AggiePhil
AG
Sando?
toolshed
AG
AggiePhil said:

Sando?

Best in CStat!!
ChampsAg
El Charro Mexican Grill opens tomorrow on Hwy 21. The old Polly's location. Great family. Menu is on their Facebook page
toolshed
AG
https://www.facebook.com/DonChenteBCS

I don't recall if this was already posted. A Mexican/ Seafood place opened up across from HEB on Villa Maria, where Jesse's second location was for a short time. No website, several pictures of food and menu when you google the restaurant. I have not been, but after seeing the pictures plan to make a trip soon.
trouble
AG
I thought I posted about it before the lockdown but who knows.

It's really good.
toolshed
AG
Ain't nobody got time to look back through multiple pages of this thread!! I'm too busy causing problems elsewhere!!

trouble
AG
I'm not gonna go look either
PS3D
New Development got updated and it has some interesting stuff.
Next to the future Dunkin Donuts will be a Dutch Bros. Coffee, a drive-through only coffee shop.
Popeyes will be going next to McDonald's near Brentwood and Texas Avenue (on the site of the old Kroger Fuel Center)
FlyRod
Don Chente is the place (where Jesse's #2 used to be), and yes it's very good, and the couple who run it are very sweet. They are open...not sure if take out only or dining in. Worth supporting.
rocketscience
AG
PS3D said:

New Development got updated and it has some interesting stuff.
Next to the future Dunkin Donuts will be a Dutch Bros. Coffee, a drive-through only coffee shop.
Popeyes will be going next to McDonald's near Brentwood and Texas Avenue (on the site of the old Kroger Fuel Center)
Dutch Bros. Coffee is extremely popular in the Phoenix metro (I interned in Phoenix for about a year total during undergrad) and the lines are always wrapped around the building whether its 8 am or pm. I've never had it but I've only heard great things about it.

EDIT: After looking at the new development list it looks like the commercial lot where the newest Whataburger in town will finally be fully built out.
toolshed
AG
Remind me where the Dunkin Donuts will be?
979ag
AG
Corner of Wellborn and Deacon. Just south of Koppe Bridge Burger
TXCityGirl
Anyone try Costa Vida yet in the Caprock area of College Station?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Interesting placement for the coffee shop right next to the new Dunkin and their coffee. I heard rumors of a local coffee shop opening a second location in Jones Crossing. If true, that would be a lot of coffee in that area!
MiMi
S
Quote:

Anyone try Costa Vida yet in the Caprock area of College Station?
It is opening on July 14.
tb9665
What happened to the Drew's car wash that was to go in where the rental place left on Texas Ave. in Bryan? I was looking forward to a new place with new equipment in it.
rocketscience
AG
Blinn at RELLIS Phase 2 is moving forward for a construction start in February.

http://wtaw.com/blinn-college-trustees-take-next-step-towards-second-building-on-the-rellis-campus/

Bryan Midtown Park Indoor Event Center approved for construction.

http://wtaw.com/bryan-city-council-awards-major-midtown-park-contract-and-establishes-a-city-travel-and-tourism-agency/
MiMi
S
The old Spoons location at Towerpoint has a new sign up - "Farmhouse Frozen Yogurt."
halibut sinclair
MiMi said:

The old Spoons location at Towerpoint has a new sign up - "Farmhouse Frozen Yogurt."
So does the location by Kroger in Bryan.
deh40
AG
MiMi said:

https://www.facebook.com/Farmhousefrozenyogurt/
dgonzo99
tb9665 said:

What happened to the Drew's car wash that was to go in where the rental place left on Texas Ave. in Bryan? I was looking forward to a new place with new equipment in it.
As far I know, it is still coming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.