BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,341 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
According to their Facebook page, Blu Fin Sushi Fusion is likely to open on Sunday, Dec 20. It's on Longmire Dr (next door to the former Zoners location)

https://www.facebook.com/blufinsushifusion/menu
MeKnowNot
New subdivision going in right next to the landfills on Highway 30!
halibut sinclair
MeKnowNot said:

"My, your new home has quite the distinct odor."
lawless89
MeKnowNot said:

I'm curious on the developments happening along 30. There's a new neighborhood with probably 200 homes going in right off Hardy Weedon. And the long rumor of an HEB opening somewhere around Boonville and University. Supposedly they already own the land. Would be nice to have an HEB on this side of town.

We have five acres down Nunn Jones just behind C&J's BBQ and our neighbor has said our neighborhood is pretty much protected from development for a long time due to there not being a sewer line running down this way. Everyone here is on septic. But I'm sure it's a matter of time before stuff blows up this way.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Its been posted here before

Not uncommon for HEB to buy up land a decade or more before developing
We live down Hardy Weedon and I am not looking forward to the new subdivision at all. That intersection with Hwy 30 is already horrible, especially when PowerSports is letting out.

To make matters worse, we were in line to get Brazos Wi-Fi fiber but with the new subdivision Suddenlink came in and ran cabling all the way down the road. Now Brazos Wi-Fi will not come out...
bcstx06
ChampsAg said:

We live down Hardy Weedon and I am not looking forward to the new subdivision at all. That intersection with Hwy 30 is already horrible, especially when PowerSports is letting out.

To make matters worse, we were in line to get Brazos Wi-Fi fiber but with the new subdivision Suddenlink came in and ran cabling all the way down the road. Now Brazos Wi-Fi will not come out...

I hate to break it to you, but I saw another new neighbor being planned in the Hardy Weedon/Elmo Weedon area on the city of Bryan planning website just last week. Matter of fact, I think there might be 3 new neighborhoods. The one that is underway now is a style craft neighborhood. I'll look the others up and post them when I have time.

Edit:
Here is the news one, Cook Crossing:
Master Plan. MP20-09. Cook Crossing Subdivision (ETJ). This is a revised master plan for a residential subdivision on 89.56 acres. This property adjoins the west side of Hardy Weedon Road, south of its intersection with Dyess and Lakefront Roads.

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2020%20SDRC/12-15-2020/MP20-09,%20Cook%20Crossing,%2012-15-20.pdf

This is a strange area when it comes to city limits and addresses. I know it's Bryan, but will they have College Station addresses?

Broncos
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Its been posted here before

Not uncommon for HEB to buy up land a decade or more before developing
Any idea what land they potentially own near University/Boonville?
lawless89
ChampsAg said:

Yeah we have zero internet options even though we are half a mile off 30. Not enough houses back here for anyone to justify running a line. Luckily, my company paid for a tower to be put in at the house with Brazos Wifi and I couldn't be happier. Have had zero internet issues. Something tells me we won't be in the country for that much longer though. 5-10 years this area will look like the city.
ratfacemcdougal
On a Brazos Cad search, the only properties listed as HEB is where a store exists. The one piece where a store does not exist is the property that includes Old Navy to Havertys. The old Randalls / Albertsons shows it is owned by Hassan Kazerouni. They can certainly buy property under other names though. Looking on Boonville from the bypass to Harvey, there really is only one or two pieces big enough for a good HEB.
Sub4
AG
ODraconianDevil said:

The transformation of Wellborn Road continues. Dirtwork being done next to Layne's on Wellborn at SW, and the gas station at Wellborn/Holleman is being dozed. Not sure what's going into either of those spots, but it blows me away how much that stretch has evolved just in the past 3-4 years.

McDonald's to the Wellborn/Holleman Intersection. Relocation for the inevitability of the George bush/Wellborn Intersection redesign.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Seems like HEB used to buy property under a name something like "Frontier Development ".

Been a while since I communicated with them
AG
bcstx06 said:

ChampsAg said:

I hate to break it to you, but I saw another new neighbor being planned in the Hardy Weedon/Elmo Weedon area on the city of Bryan planning website just last week. Matter of fact, I think there might be 3 new neighborhoods. The one that is underway now is a style craft neighborhood. I'll look the others up and post them when I have time.

Edit:
Master Plan. MP20-09. Cook Crossing Subdivision (ETJ). This is a revised master plan for a residential subdivision on 89.56 acres. This property adjoins the west side of Hardy Weedon Road, south of its intersection with Dyess and Lakefront Roads.

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2020%20SDRC/12-15-2020/MP20-09,%20Cook%20Crossing,%2012-15-20.pdf

This is a strange area when it comes to city limits and addresses. I know it's Bryan, but will they have College Station addresses?

Good question. It's in Bryan ETJ, but serviced by the College Station Post Office, so likely will have College Station address unless that changes.
JP76
lawless89 said:

ChampsAg said:

Yeah we have zero internet options even though we are half a mile off 30. Not enough houses back here for anyone to justify running a line. Luckily, my company paid for a tower to be put in at the house with Brazos Wifi and I couldn't be happier. Have had zero internet issues. Something tells me we won't be in the country for that much longer though. 5-10 years this area will look like the city.

Why not suddenlink ?

I've right down the road from you and have had suddenlink getting 100-120 mb download since they laid it
JP76
bcstx06 said:

ChampsAg said:

Edit:

Any idea what size lots this one will be ?
lawless89
JP76 said:

lawless89 said:

ChampsAg said:

Why not suddenlink ?

I've right down the road from you and have had suddenlink getting 100-120 mb download since they laid it

I'm on High Lonesome and no suddenlink available. Tried to get them out when we first moved here in July and no luck. But I'm thankful because of how awful I hear Suddenlink is.

My neighbors don't have a tower and just use hotspots for their service and they say it's terrible.
Counterpoint
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

On a Brazos Cad search, the only properties listed as HEB is where a store exists. The one piece where a store does not exist is the property that includes Old Navy to Havertys.

That makes sense because didn't that used to be an HEB Pantry?
PS3D
Counterpoint said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

On a Brazos Cad search, the only properties listed as HEB is where a store exists. The one piece where a store does not exist is the property that includes Old Navy to Havertys.

That makes sense because didn't that used to be an HEB Pantry?

HEB developed a lot of the strip centers where their Pantry stores were. I'd imagine they still hold onto it as it pays rent.
ChampsAg
We have BTU with a CS zip code. Kids in the neighborhood go to BISD if I'm not mistaken
ChampsAg
Almost everyone that signed up when Suddenlink came in has complained on Nextdoor app. Suddenlink contractors tore up yards and pissed a lot of people off.
AgProgrammer
AG
MeKnowNot said:

Any additional information on this? I'm assuming it's the land right next to the industrial waste landfill. I noticed some surveyors and heavy machinery around that tract in the last week or so.
ratfacemcdougal
I forgot about it being a HEB Pantry
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Blue Star for Don Chentes on VM across from HEB

Finally got in there last weekend.

Big Modelo Michelada in frosted mug with four FRESH shrimp on the rim.
All our different plates were real good. Pollo Asado, Cheese Enchiladas, Beef Fajitas
I like that they serve plates with grilled serranos (torreados) like we're used to.

They have a sit at/drink at bar too if that's your style.

New Castrol oil change place on Texas beside Van Stavern Vet just south of WalMart. Looks like the need business.
JMac03
AG
I went when they first opened. Super fast, friendly, didn't try to upsell anything. I only paid $21. Not sure if they are still honoring that price or if opening special but I'll definitely be going back.
ChampsAg
They've been open a while. The owner also owns one in Bryan.

I took my wife's truck there couple months ago after getting tired of Jiffy Lube's prices. Great service! I took my truck two weeks ago and had the same great service at a good price. Even gave my son a beanie for Christmas.
BrandoC
AG
I don't trust anyone who has much good to say about Suddenlink. They have to be working with China......
Ajollyag
BrandoC said:

I don't trust anyone who has much good to say about Suddenlink. They have to be working with China......

You've obviously never had rural internet before. 10 mbps internet service is still worse than suddenlink.
Post removed:
by user
Collectonian
Brazos Natural Foods has announced they are closing after 32 years. The owners decided to retire after the sales hit from COVID. Everything is on sale and store will close in 2 weeks from Monday (when it was announced).

Spotted on KBTX, and it was posted on their FB.
Collectonian
Raising Canes is negotiating with the city planning to add a Bryan location at the Briarcrest Walmart beside the Panda Express.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.