BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,327 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is going in next to Jersey Mikes in front of S&W? Is that the new water tower? Where is the water tower going to be? Any thoughts out there ??
KidDoc
AG
Collectonian said:

KidDoc said:

With COVID and now fall Football up in the air almost all of the locations on University are jumping ship. Abuelo's, Golden Corral, Veritas, that wok place, Grub-- all empty. It is turning into a pretty large stretch of empty buildings.
Golden Corral closed??
Well it closed for remodel but has not reopened due to COVID restrictions.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Collectonian
KidDoc said:

Well it closed for remodel but has not reopened due to COVID restrictions.

Good gravy, how many times are they gonna remodel it? LOL

I do hope they reopen when this is all over, I'd hate it if they closed permanently
UmustBKidding
My wife ate ate at the golden trough in Victoria a few weeks ago. Said they have servers to shovel for you. The one here was open after remodel an closed with the everyone close otder. No noticeable remodel in Victoria from pre rona.
lockett93
AG

PS3D
Subway's Southgate store is gone for good.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Going & Gone: Burger Mojo got rid of their old fries and went to thick cut. TBH, not a fan of the new ones. Not sure if others have even noticed or if anyone else cares . I'd be curious to know from the owners why they changed em? I thought everything at Burger Mojo was perfect before.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Their baby O rings are really good. Preferred them to their fries
RGRAg1/75
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Going & Gone: Burger Mojo got rid of their old fries and went to thick cut. TBH, not a fan of the new ones. Not sure if others have even noticed or if anyone else cares . I'd be curious to know from the owners why they changed em? I thought everything at Burger Mojo was perfect before.

Nooooooo!!!!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Their baby O rings are really good. Preferred them to their fries

I get the Baby Os thrown onto my burger as an add on. Really really good . This why I get a better burger + fries. #winning
Geralt of Rivia
S
I get queso supernova baby O rings...sorry you get inferior sides
mgreen
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Hated the old fries. Love thick fries.
toolshed
AG
Thin and crispy is where it's at!!
Costa and Andreas
Hi all-

Well the old fry size debate commences! We love the old size (1/4inch) and made it from the beginning to facilitate expedient service. Upside is cook time, downside is heat retention.

When we opened Public and Main, we elected to go with 3/8 inch. In the pursuit of efficiency in our operations, we decided to try 3/8 at mojo so they would be the same for our production as we use common cooks at both concepts. With the 3/8, upside is heat retention, downside cooktime.

We thought all along that this debate would predictably rear its head and it has!

Soooo, we will be running a Facebook poll on which sized fry is better. May the best size win! It's the same high quality Kennebec potato cooked in the highest quality oil, so it's really about size.

Be on the lookout for the poll next week!

Thank you all for your business!

BCSWguru
as long as you can add the fry dust, its all good
Ajollyag
Costa and Andreas said:

Hi all-

Well the old fry size debate commences! We love the old size (1/4inch) and made it from the beginning to facilitate expedient service. Upside is cook time, downside is heat retention.

When we opened Public and Main, we elected to go with 3/8 inch. In the pursuit of efficiency in our operations, we decided to try 3/8 at mojo so they would be the same for our production as we use common cooks at both concepts. With the 3/8, upside is heat retention, downside cooktime.

We thought all along that this debate would predictably rear its head and it has!

Soooo, we will be running a Facebook poll on which sized fry is better. May the best size win! It's the same high quality Kennebec potato cooked in the highest quality oil, so it's really about size.

Ive always been told size doesn't matter.
ratfacemcdougal
Costa and Andreas said:

Hi all-

Customer Service and Please the People.....1/4 at one store and 3/8 at the other. HA
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Hi all-

Of course you guys are the professionals and know way more than me but I do feel like the other thinner fries whether at your place or others places can sit longer and or make the drive home better than the thick cut. I know I know..."fries are meant to be eaten in the car and not with the burger" some will say but I do both haha.
halibut sinclair
Wienerschnizel has delicious thin fries that come in a huge 32 oz. cup for only $2.69. Best deal around. Always hot and fresh made.
FlyRod
Wow, the smug and famous TTTH emoji is really getting a workout here, and it's not even by the hand of The Entity!
TwoTimeAg
AG
susieq30 said:

EBrazosAg said:

frito bandito said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

Love the Brenham and Fredericksburg airport restaurants...looking forward to this one.
Did not know that the Southern Flyer had re-opened. That is good news, always a good meal there.

Brenham (Southern Flyers) has not reopened ... at least not reliably. I would call before going. Houston aviators FB pages indicate it's not open at all. The business has not had a FB post in months.
Their website says "Closed for Now" so maybe after the pandemic is over.
Announced over the weekend by the owners that they have no plans to reopen the Southern Flyer.
nought
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Hi all-

Why not both? :-) Seriously though, the thicker ones are ok by themselves, but the thinner ones are much better when you are wanting them loaded up with queso, jalapenos, and other such goodness. The thinner they are, for the same total weight of fries, you get more surface area overall for said queso.
Tailgate88
AG
Cinemark re-opening on 8/21! Looks like they are hosting private watch parties for up to 20 to begin with.

https://cinemark.com/theatre-reopening-schedule

Quote:

LIMITED TIME!
PRIVATE WATCH PARTY
Host your own screening for up to 20 guests. Imagine snacking on popcorn, laughing with friends and family and enjoying your choice of one of our classic fan-favorites or new release movies in the privacy and comfort of your own auditorium.
Book online easily & instantly. Only $99-$175*!
bcstx06
boomtown BBQ has a Now Open sign.
https://boomtownbbq.com/
AggiePhil
AG
bcstx06 said:

Not good. I give it a year.
lockett93
AG
AggiePhil said:

bcstx06 said:

What did you have and what wasn't good?
halibut sinclair
lockett93 said:

AggiePhil said:

bcstx06 said:

I'm guessing what he had was what wasn't good, but I'd like some specifics. Their "twisted" bbq dishes look good.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
halibut sinclair said:

lockett93 said:

AggiePhil said:

bcstx06 said:

I'm guessing what he had was what wasn't good, but I'd like some specifics. Their "twisted" bbq dishes look good.
Had it for lunch. Their Yankee sandwich was delicious and the mac & cheese was good.

Overall, a good experience and I will be going back.
techno-ag
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Collectonian said:

KidDoc said:

With COVID and now fall Football up in the air almost all of the locations on University are jumping ship. Abuelo's, Golden Corral, Veritas, that wok place, Grub-- all empty. It is turning into a pretty large stretch of empty buildings.
Golden Corral closed??

That noise you hear is techo crying in the corner.
At least the Sonics are still open.
halibut sinclair
Keep on with that healthy lifestyle.
FlyRod
T&P for all the cardiologists who will have to find another way to pay for their kids' college.
halibut sinclair
cslifer
The brisket at Boomtown reminded me of Dickeys, tasted like it was baked in the oven.
rocketscience
AG
https://wtaw.com/b-cs-biocorridor-one-of-three-possible-sites-for-a-canadian-based-plasma-production-facility/

BCS is working to score a huge business investment from a Canadian plasma production company in the Biocorridor.
TommyBrady
AG
Man, I hope they don't mess up this opportunity. The area in NC is the research triangle in the Raleigh-Durham area. I hope we don't let a little bit of taxes cost us long term high paying jobs, because the triangle is very good at incentives.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.